62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

snoopdog

Quote from: ned on April 26, 2021, 07:06:06 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on April 26, 2021, 10:49:54 AM
Quote from: DCR on April 26, 2021, 09:06:19 AM
Plenty of English clubs have been happy to see coach loads of Celtic and Rangers fans landing to their cities and stadiums for testimonials over the years...
It's a guaranteed payday for the recipient of the testimonial. Get Celtic to play they will bring 15,000 to pay £40 to watch a friendly as they're the self acclaimed best supporters in the world.

Self acclaimed? I suppose the actual awarding of that title by UEFA and FIFA kind of goes against that statement.
Anyway, any club mustering 15k fans for a meaningless game for a footballer unconnected with the club points towards fans who are fervent supporters at least.
🤣🤣 quite sad that there is even an award for that.

John Egans left boot

Quote from: bannside on April 26, 2021, 07:18:38 PM
Was at the Roy Keane testimonial in Old Trafford. What an occasion. Celtic supporters turned it into a great occasion the way Man Utd supporters couldn't dream of.

Great shout Bannside was there myself... a truly  wonderful occasion, made extra special by the behaviour of the estimated 20,000 Celtic fans. An event I will always cherish attending.  Not a police baton in sight that day on the street of Manchester compared to when rangers covered themselves in glory shortly afterwards in the same city!!! NOT

thebar

Quote from: John Egans left boot on April 27, 2021, 10:16:49 AM
Quote from: bannside on April 26, 2021, 07:18:38 PM
Was at the Roy Keane testimonial in Old Trafford. What an occasion. Celtic supporters turned it into a great occasion the way Man Utd supporters couldn't dream of.

Great shout Bannside was there myself... a truly  wonderful occasion, made extra special by the behaviour of the estimated 20,000 Celtic fans. An event I will always cherish attending.  Not a police baton in sight that day on the street of Manchester compared to when rangers covered themselves in glory shortly afterwards in the same city!!! NOT

Why compare Celtic fans to others in this instance? Stand for your own morals and let others worry about themselves no?

tonto1888

Quote from: snoopdog on April 26, 2021, 09:06:51 PM
Plenty of English clubs have been happy to see coach loads of Celtic and Rangers fans landing to their cities and stadiums for testimonials over the years...
It's a guaranteed payday for the recipient of the testimonial. Get Celtic to play they will bring 15,000 to pay £40 to watch a friendly as they're the self acclaimed best supporters in the world.

Self acclaimed? I suppose the actual awarding of that title by UEFA and FIFA kind of goes against that statement.
Anyway, any club mustering 15k fans for a meaningless game for a footballer unconnected with the club points towards fans who are fervent supporters at least.

He could be referring to
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic-win-fifas-best-fans-year-award-1437644%3famp

Or

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/celtic-fans-rewarded-for-behaviour-in-seville-1.514580%3fmode=amp

ned

Quote from: tonto1888 on April 27, 2021, 12:44:07 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on April 26, 2021, 09:06:51 PM

He could be referring to
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic-win-fifas-best-fans-year-award-1437644%3famp

Or

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/celtic-fans-rewarded-for-behaviour-in-seville-1.514580%3fmode=amp

I am. Don't have much time for such things but it was a response to the "self acclaimed" statement.

Louther

Ajer linked with a £8m move to Newcastle or Norwich. Can't be good for players when no manager appointed or on the horizon.

Ed Ricketts

In entirely predictable news, I see Jesse Marsch has been promoted up the Red Bull system after one of the big boys came for Nagelsmann. Very naive to ever think he was going anywhere else, as some on this thread seemed to think was possible just last month.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Angelo

Deal for Howe is apparently close.

Looks like he doesn't want Kennedy in his coaching team and the board seem to want to shoehorn him in as the Sporting Director.

Jobs for the bhoys.

Kennedy has had some ascension through the Celtic ranks with little basis as to why.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on April 29, 2021, 12:29:16 PM
In entirely predictable news, I see Jesse Marsch has been promoted up the Red Bull system after one of the big boys came for Nagelsmann. Very naive to ever think he was going anywhere else, as some on this thread seemed to think was possible just last month.

Marsch publicly stated his interest in the job. Why would it not have been possible, what changed was that Flick left Bayern which in turn opened up the Leipzig job.

"I've heard [about the links]. It's an honour for me," Marsch told BBC Sport.

"Three or four years ago, being linked with a club like Celtic would literally be an impossibility for me.

"And now that this is where I am, I always just try to look at it in terms of, 'what would the project look like?'

"Would we have similar ideas in how to build it the right way, invest in the academy, invest in young players and create this development process that I'm talking about? And not just focus on winning.

Celtic warned not to appoint Roy Keane because 'as a football manager, he's done'

"Obviously, I know that when you're the coach of Celtic, winning is the most important thing. I know enough about it to say of course it's interesting.

"It's an amazing club and it would be an honour to even be considered. But I also have a job to do here. My way of working is really to focus in on the job that I'm doing and concentrate on the moment.

"And the more that I do that the more other possibilities can arise."

"I've heard [about the links]. It's an honour for me," Marsch told BBC Sport.

"Three or four years ago, being linked with a club like Celtic would literally be an impossibility for me.

"And now that this is where I am, I always just try to look at it in terms of, 'what would the project look like?'

"Would we have similar ideas in how to build it the right way, invest in the academy, invest in young players and create this development process that I'm talking about? And not just focus on winning.

"Obviously, I know that when you're the coach of Celtic, winning is the most important thing. I know enough about it to say of course it's interesting.

"It's an amazing club and it would be an honour to even be considered. But I also have a job to do here. My way of working is really to focus in on the job that I'm doing and concentrate on the moment.

"And the more that I do that the more other possibilities can arise."

Maybe if Celtic acted quicker he could now be Celtic manager.

Ed Ricketts

Mild mannered, low profile American, conscious of his status as an outsider in European football, says nice things when asked about another club at a press conference.

Literally every presser in the entire history of football is riddled with inane platitudes like those. Meal worms for the tabloids and the gullible.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Angelo

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on April 29, 2021, 12:57:18 PM
Mild mannered, low profile American, conscious of his status as an outsider in European football, says nice things when asked about another club at a press conference.

Literally every presser in the entire history of football is riddled with inane platitudes like those. Meal worms for the tabloids and the gullible.

Oh right so we should take what he said and take the exact opposite meaning from it.

Bizarre logic for your bizarre point.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Angelo on April 29, 2021, 01:33:41 PM
Oh right so we should take what he said and take the exact opposite meaning from it.

Now you're getting it!

It's a football press conference - home to about as much genuine sentiment as those DUP tweets wishing Arlene Foster well in her future endeavours.

A learning moment for you, perhaps.

Milltown Row2

No chat on the match? Celtic need a confidence boost
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2021, 12:41:24 PM
No chat on the match? Celtic need a confidence boost
Making stupid tackles and ducking out of the way of goalbound shots not helping the cause.

Itchy

Whoever goes in to manage celtic has serious work to do.