Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caesar

Speaking of referees, is it true that Clooney Gaels have lost their home advantage for the year for failure to provide a club referee?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Caesar on May 06, 2021, 11:53:56 AM
Speaking of referees, is it true that Clooney Gaels have lost their home advantage for the year for failure to provide a club referee?

Glenarriffe are the same I'm told.

Calm Down

Ah sure here I can't understand why clubs can gets refs out

whatwillbwillb

Tyrdub, curious as you where present at said incident, did you sign a statement for the referee at the time?  ;)

Tyrdub

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on May 06, 2021, 01:44:27 PM
Tyrdub, curious as you where present at said incident, did you sign a statement for the referee at the time?  ;)

why?
what relevance is it to you?

paddyjohn

When can we get back to the Culchie Vs Chip eaters debate? This ref stuff is boring. Unless we do the Culchie refs V the City refs!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 06, 2021, 03:58:56 PM
When can we get back to the Culchie Vs Chip eaters debate? This ref stuff is boring. Unless we do the Culchie refs V the City refs!

Close call in that  :)

SW domination again I fear
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 06, 2021, 06:17:37 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on May 06, 2021, 03:58:56 PM

Close call in that  :)

SW domination again I fear

I dunno.. at least we might get some sense talked..

Belfast GAA man

is the county paneL secret? or have i just missed it

bannside

Pretty sure it hasn't been announced yet. 10 days until we play Louth, so I'd say the white smoke will emerge soon. Lets get behind them from the start!

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Tyrdub on May 06, 2021, 02:08:09 PM
Quote from: whatwillbwillb on May 06, 2021, 01:44:27 PM

why?
what relevance is it to you?

Well you were quiet candid in your declaration that you where involved in the incident and showing support for referee/referees. A number of investigations took place, Ray allegedly did reach out to a lot of people to support him that were there on the day including other officials in relation to personal statements, including those to the local PSNI and but a few i believe actually stepped up? The lad was left hanging in the wind, Duffy on the back of that allegedly was asked by a local media platform in an interview would he encourage people to referee and because he said "no" in the present climate he was supposedly suspended by some of the people who presently seek to promote new referees within the county? Historical it may be but it goes to the heart of the issue, when your backs to the wall in doing what looks like thankless task a lot of the time, who can you rely on to support you if common incidents such as this continue, thankfully not a severe as the Ballymena incident? Matthews, Elliott, Duffy all successful National and AI Officials were all there on the day I believe and the fact that these lads are all still actively refereeing in the Gaa but not in Antrim Hurling & Football what does that say?  We cannot get Referees in Antrim, so is the Role, People in these Committee's, County Approach, Support or as it seems to be " Just Lip Service" As a Gael in Antrim i feel its sufficiently relevant .

Belfast GAA man

Who has won most ANtim championships 

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2021, 11:14:24 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 08, 2021, 10:56:58 PM
Who has won most ANtim championships

Johnnies
Would Cargin be anywhere close to catching them? dont think so myselfh