Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on May 05, 2021, 08:17:27 AM
Totes & Paddy would be proud of ya, I know they reads this regularly and actually had to warn lads about posting too! No fear here of a bleep test MR2, always on the defensive, they do make a tidy sum spoke to many a lad who's honest enough to disclose their expenses. Didn't say he/she had to match that again you see what you wanna see, you should maybe listen the odd time, thats your game after all!!! Lol. :D As for numbers all wrong please

So you should go unchecked?

So I'll ask again, what is it you expect from the refs? As they are already meeting the criteria set down from Croke Park
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 05, 2021, 08:42:59 AM
Totes & Paddy would be proud of ya, I know they reads this regularly and actually had to warn lads about posting too! No fear here of a bleep test MR2, always on the defensive, they do make a tidy sum spoke to many a lad who's honest enough to disclose their expenses. Didn't say he/she had to match that again you see what you wanna see, you should maybe listen the odd time, thats your game after all!!! Lol. :D As for numbers all wrong please

So I'll ask again, what is it you expect from the refs? As they are already meeting the criteria set down from Croke Park

Lack of knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Look at some of the names mentioned above and 'incidents' that they have been involved in. Then look at the support they received or more importantly didnt receive around these incidents and you wonder why they walk away from the game completely. How many times did the county (various administrations) end up shafting these guys in favour of not properly punishing clubs?

There is more a problem on how the refs get treated and then we wonder why there is a shortage. Not rocket science lads.

Belfast GAA man

U r all very NEgative!
if county isnt playing can the county players play for their club that day???????????????????/

delgany

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 05, 2021, 10:25:06 AM
U r all very NEgative!
if county isnt playing can the county players play for their club that day???????????????????/
County players are unavailable to they exit thei USF championship

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: NAG1 on May 05, 2021, 09:05:37 AM

Look at some of the names mentioned above and 'incidents' that they have been involved in. Then look at the support they received or more importantly didnt receive around these incidents and you wonder why they walk away from the game completely. How many times did the county (various administrations) end up shafting these guys in favour of not properly punishing clubs?

There is more a problem on how the refs get treated and then we wonder why there is a shortage. Not rocket science lads.

My sentiments exactly NAG1, MR2 unchecked for what, get down off that high horse you're on, facts are facts, you like to make things personal, may impress the Refs committee after you where gagged previously and towed the line,  but theres enough gaels on this board that can go back further than you and were closer to situations.  NAG1 is spot on what went on around the Ray Matthews situation was scandalous and the support was non-existent from Clubs or County, never mind the family and its experience of it! Crokes criteria now theres a laugh and a half, speaks someone with no experience of dealing with Croke. As NAG1 says Elliott for example referees in Derry, done umteen Derry County Hurling Finals, All Ireland Camogie Finals, sits on Referees National Committee at CROKE PARK, referees county and provincial camogie- Why is he not still in Antrim?

Calm Down

whatwillbwillb, only one one to solve this from your point of view, if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem:

https://antrim.gaa.ie/news/are-you-interested-in-becoming-an-antrim-gaa-referee

Looking forward to seeing you start the revolution and make the county better through your contributions as a ref, oh and get new car shopping I am sure a new Land Rover won't be out of reach with all those expenses you'll be coining in

Tyrdub

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on May 05, 2021, 11:05:53 AM

My sentiments exactly NAG1, MR2 unchecked for what, get down off that high horse you're on, facts are facts, you like to make things personal, may impress the Refs committee after you where gagged previously and towed the line,  but theres enough gaels on this board that can go back further than you and were closer to situations.  NAG1 is spot on what went on around the Ray Matthews situation was scandalous and the support was non-existent from Clubs or County, never mind the family and its experience of it! Crokes criteria now theres a laugh and a half, speaks someone with no experience of dealing with Croke. As NAG1 says Elliott for example referees in Derry, done umteen Derry County Hurling Finals, All Ireland Camogie Finals, sits on Referees National Committee at CROKE PARK, referees county and provincial camogie- Why is he not still in Antrim?

Right, as someone who was involved in that incident, and someone who knows MR1 personally, I'm going to ask you all to back off. What he is saying is right and has a lot of merit, but so are a lot of your points.
There are some refs who want to push themselves to get Senior games and some who are happy just getting out of the house, just as some players want to win championships and some know they will never reach those heights and just look forward to having a game. Not everyone is the same.
As for digging up old ground from 10 years ago, let it go lad, nothing is going to get sorted out on this website.

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Tyrdub on May 05, 2021, 11:22:37 AM

Right, as someone who was involved in that incident, and someone who knows MR1 personally, I'm going to ask you all to back off. What he is saying is right and has a lot of merit, but so are a lot of your points.
There are some refs who want to push themselves to get Senior games and some who are happy just getting out of the house, just as some players want to win championships and some know they will never reach those heights and just look forward to having a game. Not everyone is the same.
As for digging up old ground from 10 years ago, let it go lad, nothing is going to get sorted out on this website.

Totally Agree Tyrdub, MR2 always likes to take the aggressive approach, some on the board have been around a little longer and some have held positions he'll never hold within the County, Province, & National  even if he wanted, a little or lack of knowledge can dangerous in the wrong hands!

Tyrdub

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on May 05, 2021, 11:41:34 AM

Totally Agree Tyrdub, MR2 always likes to take the aggressive approach, some on the board have been around a little longer and some have held positions he'll never hold within the County, Province, & National  even if he wanted, a little or lack of knowledge can dangerous in the wrong hands!

Sorry lad, but youre just stirring it now. He has been there and done it, hes one of the best. I'm not going to comment on what aspirations he may or may not have, all I know is hes a bloody good ref, who has never let us down, allays available when needed unlike lots of others who just want to stand and shout over a fence when the notion takes them.
Give over lad

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Tyrdub on May 05, 2021, 11:49:20 AM

Sorry lad, but youre just stirring it now. He has been there and done it, hes one of the best. I'm not going to comment on what aspirations he may or may not have, all I know is hes a bloody good ref, who has never let us down, allays available when needed unlike lots of others who just want to stand and shout over a fence when the notion takes them.
Give over lad

Again did anyone say he wasn't capable or not committed, just like the rest of us Tyrdub no different

Tyrdub

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on May 05, 2021, 11:56:16 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on May 05, 2021, 11:49:20 AM

Give over lad

Again did anyone say he wasn't capable or not committed, just like the rest of us Tyrdub no different

brick wall, conversation over

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 03, 2021, 09:35:07 PM
Was there Time to fitness test the refs ? Some struggle to keep up with play

See what you've started !!

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Dunsilly King

Quote from: Calm Down on May 04, 2021, 03:10:58 PM
The thing I have always struggled with is the notion of a 'soft free', if a player is fouled by say a tug of the jersey and slowed down should this not be a free or is the ref being too picky? Does a man have to be half maimed for a free? As MR2 said al too often a ref is perceived to have caused an injury due to not being in control, therefore where is the line drawn?

@Dunsilly King, it is interesting that you have chose two SW referees for your example of evil v good, have they wronged you or your club or something?

No, just two good examples of very contrasting styles.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 05, 2021, 12:20:16 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 03, 2021, 09:35:07 PM
Was there Time to fitness test the refs ? Some struggle to keep up with play

See what you've started !!
do the assessors get paid? plenty of them ! LOI

Milltown Row2

Oh dear god!

As for the aggressive stuff that's all you. There is generally nothing positive that you post, and if someone is not ref'ing anymore in the county go asked them.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea