Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Good luck to both. I saw St Galls are 11/4 with Paddy Power, do Ladbrokes have a price?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Signum Fidei

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2010, 12:20:29 PM
I'd like to echo those comments. Good luck St Gall's and Dunloy. i think both'll get hammered though.

Thats what alot of people though would happen when we played TAD Galway, just because its a kilkenny team we are written off 11/4 GET YOUR LOT ON IT.............

Dunloy you never know.....why not stranger things have happened.

Hope lady luck favours St Galls Dunloy NCC all the best.  ;D

Fairhead

Best of luck to St Galls. If anybody hears the result would they put it up on here.

Good luck to Dunloy too. They certainly will be up against it.

aontroim

Result didnt go St. Gall's way tonight by the looks of things - St Lachtains Freshford 3-17 St Galls 0-10.

Minder

Hopefully Milltown will do the right thing.......

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2010, 11:00:04 PM
Hopefully Milltown will do the right thing.......
Get pissed?

ONeill

Milltown. This morning. Outside Aldo's.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on February 14, 2010, 09:37:37 AM
Milltown. This morning. Outside Aldo's.

I would say he would he happy with 10% of that hair.

Minder

Portumna 2-18 Dunloy 0-12 FT

Minder

Hurlers beaten by Carlow by 2 pts at the weekend in the Walsh Shield.

milltown row

Antrim vs Carlow- Report for county website

CARLOW hurlers recovered from a dreadful start to overcome Antrim in this exciting tie at Dr Cullen Park, Carlow yesterday and set up a home final meeting with neighbours Laois.

The Saffrons raced into a 1-3 to no score lead after seven minutes, right half-forward Eddie McCloskey opening the scoring with a goal on three minutes.

Carlow slowly gained a foothold and in the 10th minute were boosted by a fine individual goal from centre-forward Eddie Byrne.

Carlow went 2-11 to 1-11 in front on 46 minutes and still held a three-point advantage when the Saffrons were awarded a 35-metre free in the dying stages. Liam Watson's effort rose over the bar and Carlow were through to the final.

These sides meet again in the opening round of the NHL on Sunday next when Antrim have home ground advantage.

Scorers -- Carlow: E Byrne 1-3, R Dunbar 1-1, C Hughes 0-3 (1f), A Gaule, R Coady (1f, 1 '65) 0-2 each, C Doyle, B Lawler and P Kehoe 0-1 each. Antrim: L Watson 0-7 (0-5f), S McCrory 0-4, E McCloskey 1-0, A Smiley 0-2, K McKeegan (1f), M Scullion 0-1 each.

Carlow -- K Kehoe; A Corcoran, J Rogers, D Shaw; J O'Hara, R Coady, P Doyle; D Roberts, J Hickey; R Dunbar, E Byrne, C Hughes; A Gaule, E Minchin, C Doyle. Subs: P Kehoe for Hickey (24), B Lawler for Minchin (h-t), E Nolan for P Doyle (h-t), E Kane for O'Hara (53), D Miley for K Kehoe (62), D Byrne for Rogers (65).

Antrim -- C O'Connell; S Shannon, N McGarry, R McDonnell; N McAuley, K McKeegan, C Herron; P McGill, M Scullion; E McCloskey, C McBride, A Smiley; S McCrory, L Watson, T McCann. Subs: A Graffin for McDonnell (46), C McFall for McCloskey (51), N McManus for McBride (68).

Ref -- J Kelly (Wexford)

From Independent

maxpower

Gutted, don't think a 12 point defeat does justice to the competitiveness of the game. Gave Portumna a fair rattle in the fifteen mins after half time we just needed a goal during this period of dominance and it really would have tested Portumna's resolve
What happens next????

the colonel

far from a first team there so wouldn't get to worried. imagine it will be a different team next weekend.
the difference between success and failure is energy

theskull1

Quote from: maxpower on February 15, 2010, 02:22:15 PM
Gutted, don't think a 12 point defeat does justice to the competitiveness of the game. Gave Portumna a fair rattle in the fifteen mins after half time we just needed a goal during this period of dominance and it really would have tested Portumna's resolve

Agreed Max

Though Portumna always posed that extra bit of awareness and had much more success gaining dirty ball possession whereas we snatched and missed on too many occasions in those areas. But we fought them all the way and this from a much changed side brimming with youth. I'm hoping that in this new era of players we can develop the big game composure and team play that portumna showed over time. For now I'm more than proud of our display yesterday.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ha ha derry

A good gutsy performance by the Dunloy defence, but the biggest problem was the forwards inability to win any of their own puck outs. I thought the keeper could have tried to place the ball more to giv e the forwards a fighting chance.
Joe Canning was outstanding but Mc Keigue had a great game too. Damien Hayes was well marked.
The biggest problem for Dunloy was the Ulster councils insistance on playing the final mid October. Too long a lay off.