Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

aye its a bit of a shame that the county board couldn't reprise the thing. played against them (the oldies) once while i  moonlighted for the BT interfirms team. some good players and a bit of spring in their step.

the football over 40's has went from strength to strength. one of our players has captained the Ireland team at the internationls here and in Oz

the colonel

it might make a comback with all this recreational hurling going on.
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

colonel, is Jackie Carson looking after J'stown?

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on November 25, 2009, 04:33:38 PM
Quote from: the colonel on November 25, 2009, 10:34:04 AM
Any word on if any of the players are not going to the trials and has Milltown be added to the list after the weekend?

i might not go as i'm still fooked. but might be intertested in having his 'trial' team play ours in a non County get together 'trial' match ;)

i'm more interested in the over 40 team but it seems it has fallen to the wayside. i believe you can play for them when your 39?? only in Ireland

If your 40th birthday is in that calendar year you can play. Same way you can play under 16 even if you're 16, if your 16th birthday is in that calendar year.

Disappointed that neither the hurlers nor footballers have approached me yet. For the over 40s, not the under 16s.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Two Hands FFS

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: milltown row on November 25, 2009, 07:54:56 PM
aye its a bit of a shame that the county board couldn't reprise the thing. played against them (the oldies) once while i  moonlighted for the BT interfirms team. some good players and a bit of spring in their step.

the football over 40's has went from strength to strength. one of our players has captained the Ireland team at the internationls here and in Oz

The truth's out now - I'd a notion you were a ringer that day.

johnneycool

Was there not a few Down men on the last Antrim over 40's hurling team?

Wouldn't be eligible myself though, another few years to wait  ;D

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on November 26, 2009, 10:40:14 AM

Nobody would ever guess you're a ringer though looking at ye :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on November 26, 2009, 11:59:16 AM

says the follically challenged one

milltown row

Quote from: johnneycool on November 26, 2009, 12:11:20 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 26, 2009, 11:59:16 AM

says the follically challenged one

I don't even have a BT PHONE!!

Besides it was a bit of craic. we played the Kilkenny team that year in the All Ireland semi's at Milltown, the team had Richie Power playing for them. to say the stuffed us is an understatement. though we (they) did score a point in the seconf half :D and we won the toss

Last Man

Tom Kinney and Stevie Fullerton from Newry Shamrocks were on the team, Stevies originally from Belfast and Tom would bring his stick and boots to the All Ireland in case he would get the chance of a game :D

gelvis

Hearing rumours that the league structures are going to be changed again.  10 teams per division as Dinny wants as many of his county panel playing Div 1 hurling but the changes go right through all leagues.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Last Man

What's Dinny got to do with it? That proposal will have to come from a club and be voted in by the rest of the clubs.

maxpower

How much of this is down to St Johns getting relegated. To be fair its not ideal only 5 antrim teams in Div 1, but it works well, games are competitive and Div 2 seemed equally as competitive
What happens next????

Minder

Quote from: maxpower on November 30, 2009, 06:40:12 PM
How much of this is down to St Johns getting relegated. To be fair its not ideal only 5 antrim teams in Div 1, but it works well, games are competitive and Div 2 seemed equally as competitive

Quite a bit I would have thought, I would be surprised if they are not in Div 1 next year, whatever format it takes.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"