Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

Quote from: ned on April 13, 2021, 01:14:37 PM
Quote from: ardtole on April 13, 2021, 12:49:34 PM
What clubs amalgamated to form shamrock rovers and what year?

Loughgiel and Cloot.

Who did Sambo play with then?

keep her low this half

Quote from: ardtole on April 13, 2021, 07:54:31 PM

Loughgiel and Cloot.

Cushendall, all his life as far as I remember, although he may have messed about at Gaelic with Glenravel for a short time. Cushendall have never had a Gaelic team as far as I know. I believe the poster was referring to Sambo getting a suspension prematurely quashed to allow him to hurl for Antrim in an Ulster final.

johnnycool

Quote from: keep her low this half on April 19, 2021, 03:52:54 PM

Loughgiel and Cloot.

Cushendall, all his life as far as I remember, although he may have messed about at Gaelic with Glenravel for a short time. Cushendall have never had a Gaelic team as far as I know. I believe the poster was referring to Sambo getting a suspension prematurely quashed to allow him to hurl for Antrim in an Ulster final.

;)

keep her low this half

Quote from: johnnycool on April 19, 2021, 04:06:22 PM

Loughgiel and Cloot.

;)
In fairness that was a well dodgy move there, what year was it? Early 90s?

imtommygunn

Must have been 91 or 92. To be fair it was pretty out of character for him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 19, 2021, 10:10:44 PM
Must have been 91 or 92. To be fair it was pretty out of character for him.

Remember it well, nuts lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Those games were good early 90s between cushendall and ballycastle but they were a bit tense lol.

I see we drew Dublin the leinster. I guess it's about as good as we could hope for unless Laois. You never know if we keep going in the direction we have been going.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 20, 2021, 08:47:08 AM
Those games were good early 90s between cushendall and ballycastle but they were a bit tense lol.

I see we drew Dublin the leinster. I guess it's about as good as we could hope for unless Laois. You never know if we keep going in the direction we have been going.

Big game with no pressure on Antrim, something to work towards, hopefully the squad get plenty of top notch challenge games ahead of it.

Antrim have never feared Dublin in the past, and while Dublin have been streets ahead of Antrim lately this is a 60/40 game, and we did put them on their arse in Dublin when they were fancied big time.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Laois beat them the other year. I think we have a chance. Keaney has just retired too which is a bonus lol.

johnnycool

Quote from: keep her low this half on April 19, 2021, 04:15:54 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 19, 2021, 04:06:22 PM

Loughgiel and Cloot.

;)
In fairness that was a well dodgy move there, what year was it? Early 90s?

'93 I think.

Chris "hunter" Mageean had got sent off in a club game a month before for what was normally a 4 week ban but ended up getting 12 weeks!!

Antrim CB was indeed "well dodgy" back then.

Tyrdub

Quote from: groundlie on April 20, 2021, 10:09:40 PM
Dublin in 1/4.

Im hearing Antrim are absolutely flying inside in training.

going well after 1 week's training  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Its a good game for Antrim. We have nothing to lose whatsoever and the experience of last season plus the Division 1b campaign will stand them to good footing going forward.

If we wanted to see where we are going with this Antrim set then this is where we want to be. Looking forward to this.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Yep exactly. Dublin are very good and would be rightly strong favourites but nothing to lose as you say and a really good barometer of where we are.

imtommygunn

Beating Dublin is a huge task. If we can do that I'd be more than happy. Dublin near beat kk last year mind you but Galway really much better again only they imploded against kk.

I would have us as +10 against Dublin but if gleeson keeps us going the way he has been and he can do what dinny Cahill did and instil the belief in the players then we could be in with a shout.

One step at a time lol.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 21, 2021, 06:50:28 PM
Beating Dublin is a huge task. If we can do that I'd be more than happy. Dublin near beat kk last year mind you but Galway really much better again only they imploded against kk.

I would have us as +10 against Dublin but if gleeson keeps us going the way he has been and he can do what dinny Cahill did and instil the belief in the players then we could be in with a shout.

One step at a time lol.

Love to see yous catch Dublin ,not be easy,last year we 3-4 lads miles off where they needed to be conditioning wise