Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buswhacker

This is just Shane trying to give his team mate a boost. Everyone knows that unless you play for one of the " big counties" you have no chance of getting an All-Star. Being a shinty international is not really a qualification.

Seamroga in exile

So its Mount Leinster Rangers or Oulart the Ballagh in the All Ireland semi. Great result by the Rangers .
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

A loughgiel vs portumna final is mouth watering!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 17, 2013, 05:47:06 PM
So its Mount Leinster Rangers or Oulart the Ballagh in the All Ireland semi. Great result by the Rangers .

massive result for Rangers. They're All Ireland Intermediate champions but that's a serious step upbeating Ballyboden and shouldn't fear OTB. Loughgiel to beat the winners. OTB are an aging side. This is their fourth final in a row!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2013, 07:15:34 PM

massive result for Rangers. They're All Ireland Intermediate champions but that's a serious step upbeating Ballyboden and shouldn't fear OTB. Loughgiel to beat the winners. OTB are an aging side. This is their fourth final in a row!!

Sure Loughgiel have just won 4 in a row in Ulster. And is the Oulart team the exactly the same for the four finals ? They have come through a far tougher route than Loughgiel so I don't see how anyone can question their credentials (provided they win).
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

btdtgtt

Looks like Parnell park again in February now with the Dublin champs out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 17, 2013, 07:22:27 PM

Sure Loughgiel have just won 4 in a row in Ulster. And is the Oulart team the exactly the same for the four finals ? They have come through a far tougher route than Loughgiel so I don't see how anyone can question their credentials (provided they win).

What's your point? OTB beat the Offaly champions and Loughgiel have already done that. Beating teams to get to the semi finals is irrelevant it's how you perform on the day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2013, 08:34:42 PM

What's your point? OTB beat the Offaly champions and Loughgiel have already done that. Beating teams to get to the semi finals is irrelevant it's how you perform on the day

What's my point ?! You said OTB are an "aging side", any more so than Shamrocks ? Are you basing this on the age profile of the team or the fact they have got to the last 4 finals? Keith Rossiter, probably their most experienced player was MOTM today.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 17, 2013, 08:48:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 17, 2013, 08:34:42 PM

What's my point ?! You said OTB are an "aging side", any more so than Shamrocks ? Are you basing this on the age profile of the team or the fact they have got to the last 4 finals? Keith Rossiter, probably their most experienced player was MOTM today.

I'm saying the Jacob lads and Rossiter and co have put in a lot of work over the years had haven't been able to get over the line. This may be that chance for them to make the breakthrough. Loughgiel will be going into that game (whoever they play) with a lot of confidence, they may be a similar age bracket but that's not the reason it's just a fact, I'm basing my opinion on Loughgiel having more experience come the semi final

Loughgiel destroyed all the teams in Antrim this year with ease. If they can keep that form through Xmas they will be hard to beat.

The Rangers team will defo put it up to OTB based on that match today, listened to parts of the game today and the commentator was saying that this is no fluke result based on their play

btdtgtt

Age and fitness are not the sane thing lads.
Only the latter matters.
Loughgiel will be happy today - and altho nothing decided yet a final
Vs portumna excites me more than most inter-county games.

takeyourpoint

Pretty sure Clara not Mount Leinster are reigning All Ireland Intermediate Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: takeyourpoint on November 18, 2013, 12:28:48 PM
Pretty sure Clara not Mount Leinster are reigning All Ireland Intermediate Champions.

Possibly, but last couple of years they won it, beaty the Ulster winners

thedog 83

Was just wondering who the new faces are on the Senior hurling panel this year?

I have heard rumours that the McCloskey clan from Loughgiel have not been asked back.  Anybody know if there is any substance to this as well?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Nigel Elliott and Shane Dooey from our club have joined the panel for the new season.
The Antrim lads are training away in the gym. Good to see it.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Quote from: thedog 83 on November 18, 2013, 08:31:30 PM
Was just wondering who the new faces are on the Senior hurling panel this year?

I have heard rumours that the McCloskey clan from Loughgiel have not been asked back.  Anybody know if there is any substance to this as well?

I think its more a case that they have opted out themselves.  We aren't coming down with that much talent that we can tell the likes of Eddie to stay at home.