Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Colla

I have to say that as a Loughguile man and Glensman I find the login name in use here to be deeply offensive. Knowing the suffering and sacrifice that Roger  Casement endured for his country, not to mention his work for human rights, in the Belgian Congo and the Putamayas. I appeal to other posters, to support a request to the site moderator to strike out, this miserable attempt at humour.  Roger Casements support for the GAA, Gaelic league, IRB, National volunteers etc., is well known. His attendance at the first Feis na Gleann, where he gave every single visitor from Rachaire island, a single sovereign, as they got off the boats was remembered right down to the 1960's. It is not for nothing that the GAA gave his name to their headquarters in Belfast. Irrespective of what people thought of the information fed out on Roger Casement by the then british home secretary F. E. Smith (also known as galloper Smith), to ensure his hanging, we do know that Smith died of Syphillis. Furthermore members of his family still live in the area 
and is another reason that this gratuitous offence should not be tolerated

btdtgtt

Quote from: Clan Colla on October 22, 2013, 12:04:43 AM
I have to say that as a Loughguile man and Glensman I find the login name in use here to be deeply offensive. Knowing the suffering and sacrifice that Roger  Casement endured for his country, not to mention his work for human rights, in the Belgian Congo and the Putamayas. I appeal to other posters, to support a request to the site moderator to strike out, this miserable attempt at humour.  Roger Casements support for the GAA, Gaelic league, IRB, National volunteers etc., is well known. His attendance at the first Feis na Gleann, where he gave every single visitor from Rachaire island, a single sovereign, as they got off the boats was remembered right down to the 1960's. It is not for nothing that the GAA gave his name to their headquarters in Belfast. Irrespective of what people thought of the information fed out on Roger Casement by the then british home secretary F. E. Smith (also known as galloper Smith), to ensure his hanging, we do know that Smith died of Syphillis. Furthermore members of his family still live in the area 

jftj

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 22, 2013, 09:24:37 AM

i agree

Sleeping giant

agreed!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 22, 2013, 05:36:11 PM
agreed!!

Agreed Although the poster more than likely didn't mean to be offensive and inwardly thought it is in good humour, it is a bit tasteless. Nice to see someone who holds great respect in antrim gaa can be defended when need be.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

Have to agree. First time I've logged in a few days and the first post I seen was from that posters name. I immediately though he was on the wind up.

Don't like the name at all. Get it changed.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Ulster Final Day

Shamrocks by 10.  Expecting a good battle.

Good luck to the fellas involved, they are a remarkable bunch.

Tony Baloney

Nothing to sway me from my original tip of Seamroga in Senior and Cuchullain in Intermediate.

Buswhacker

Get rid of this hurling/shinty farce. About two men and dog in Croke Park to watch it. Hurling men have all the advantages,broad stick can play in air and on ground.Shinty men have a narrow stick only good for ground play.Just two completely different games. Scrap it
As for that other fooball farce .....enough said.Australians not interested......send over every Tom,Dick, Harry.Why bother!!

Seamroga in exile

Gaels won by 2. Slaughtneil off to a flyer with a Gale behind them. Half time slaughtneil up 1-11 to 2-4 at half time. I fear for them second half.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 27, 2013, 12:40:36 AM
Nothing to sway me from my original tip of Seamroga in Senior and Cuchullain in Intermediate.

You know your hurling  ::)  Anymore top top ideas  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 27, 2013, 03:12:19 PM
Gaels won by 2. Slaughtneil off to a flyer with a Gale behind them. Half time slaughtneil up 1-11 to 2-4 at half time. I fear for them second half.

5 points, ya must have put the fear of god in them in the second half with that strong gael force wind ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2013, 04:13:34 PM

5 points, ya must have put the fear of god in them in the second half with that strong gael force wind ;)
we got over the line. You should know that's all it takes. Fair play to slaughtneil, they've some terrific hurlers but are just missing a wee bit of class up front.

On another note, well done to the Garls and the Kickhams. An Antrim clean sweep of ulster hurling titles. If only the footballers could emulate that.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 27, 2013, 04:32:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2013, 04:13:34 PM

we got over the line. You should know that's all it takes. Fair play to slaughtneil, they've some terrific hurlers but are just missing a wee bit of class up front.

On another note, well done to the Garls and the Kickhams. An Antrim clean sweep of hurling titles. If only the footballers could emulate that.  ;)

Hey if only winning Antrim was your ticket to the All Ireland series we'd have more than one All Ireland in Milltown Row ;)

Yes fair play to the other teams Gaels very strong and with PJ up front they have a lethal forward. Creggan have been the surprise packet this year for me, could give up the football for a while and plough it into hurling. Antrim teams in all these grades should be beating the rest, they have done poor enough in these grades in the past because they think it should be a walk in the park

RealSpiritof98

Fair play to the Gaels, they beat us in the 1st half, we mounted a good comeback but their class and cuteness won them the game and deservedly so. Gl in the AI.