Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: glens73 on September 22, 2013, 07:02:44 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 22, 2013, 06:50:38 PM
Quote from: glens73 on September 22, 2013, 02:38:12 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 22, 2013, 01:22:14 PM
I presume after watching us play you reckon we should've been in A but underhandidly entered B to guarantee silverware.

I've not seen them play, long time away from home, just wondered why they were in B. Is it not better for their standard of play to be in A?

This team have played B from U12 and never won a trophy until last Sunday. Poor numbers left us playing a really young physically weak team. Last week we had 9 under 16s starting and 2 more coming off the bench. A well deserved win.

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean potentially lean times for Dunloy in a few years, or are there good teams at u16, u14, etc,.?

U16 team next year should be strong, that team won the U14 hurling at north antrim and lost to st johns in the county final. we have some pretty good young lads coming through, im confident they should all make the stride to senior as they have a lot of good poeple mentoring them.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 23, 2013, 08:47:41 AM
disappointed after sat, we never played anywhere near what we could. missed too many frees and hit silly wides and they cost us.

lost kevin molloy and chrissy brogan to injury the night before and then lost kevin martin and oran quinn during the game to injury. that didnt help us at all. cushendall took their chances and deserved to win, best of luck to them in the final.

the ref wasnt great for either side, frees missed all over the place. i dont mind letting a game go but when a players fouled you still blow it up. added to that a pair of bungling umpires who couldnt make their minds up and also missed a point for us in the second half!

but fiar play to the dall, tho they will need to play alot better to beat lgiel.

Yeah It seems Loughgiel have hit a bit of form (They have only lost one match lol) did anyone think different? They are the team to beat and will be big favs come Sunday, they racked up a decent score and by all accounts didn't have to come out of second gear.

Cushendall will need to push on if they get a lead and not allow Loughgiel a chance to get back into the game. Easier said than done of course. I think Loughgiel could well win this one though they haven't been tested at all this year in the championship, could work for you in that you've no injuries and confidence high with big scores taken or work against you with no real pressure put on you during games leading up to final and then a massive shock from an intense charged up Dall team. I think Loughgiel have the experience behind them to get over the line.

Loughgiel have yet to blow teams away in the Antrim final could this be their year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Buswhacker

Dunloy missed a lot of frees and scorable points. Did the same in final last year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 14, 2013, 08:55:05 PM
I'm not a bad judge called 18 + pts, as much as I didn't want to see that type of result.

MR2 since you claim you can say what you want and can have an opinion on any hurling game ...

... do you have an opinion on the upcoming Creggan v Con Magee game?

Yes, it was a dreadful game, has the game went that far back at that level?? Some lads couldn't hold the stick the right way, balls were being pucked 15/20 yards not under pressure ffs. Creggan had the better hurlers and to an extent seemed as if they were always going to win but while it was 15 on 15 they couldn't pull away, the McCanns were ok but have seen them hurl better for Antrim (maybe a case of being brought down to a standard)

Creggan lads fielded some nice balls and hand passed the ball of to a runner that was the best part of their play, Glenravel had two decent hurlers who tried their heart strings out, but once the no.6 was sent off for two yellows that was that. Didn't stay for the second game but I'd say Cushendun would have been favs for that one and came through it ok. No Belfast teams in the Junior, Intermediate or senior finals this year!!! Has to be a first I'd say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

Question for the Ballycastle posters.  Do you not think your tactics were a bit strange yesterday?  Why play with only 5 forwards in the first half with a nice breeze at your backs?  After your whirlwind start you only scored 3 points in the next 25 minutes.

Also, I'd say Neal McAuley is your best player but he seems to get quite an easy ticket.  I'd be wanting my best player to mark someone and get the better of them and influence the game from there.  NMA spends his time sweeping in behind the half back line with limited impact on games.  One of his best assets is his catching but he isn't even contesting high balls in his current role.  Strange one.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Buswhacker on September 23, 2013, 10:56:05 AM
Dunloy missed a lot of frees and scorable points. Did the same in final last year.
Yeah def cost us overall. Hard to figure that out as we have been scoring well all year. 

Did cushendall miss any all day from frees? I don't think they hit many wides at all
hurl like f**k boi!

BlackandAmber

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 23, 2013, 11:37:44 AM
Question for the Ballycastle posters.  Do you not think your tactics were a bit strange yesterday?  Why play with only 5 forwards in the first half with a nice breeze at your backs?  After your whirlwind start you only scored 3 points in the next 25 minutes.

Also, I'd say Neal McAuley is your best player but he seems to get quite an easy ticket.  I'd be wanting my best player to mark someone and get the better of them and influence the game from there.  NMA spends his time sweeping in behind the half back line with limited impact on games.  One of his best assets is his catching but he isn't even contesting high balls in his current role.  Strange one.

That I don't agree with but the rest yeah. Every game I went to that is always the way of it and other ppl say its the same every game. Why? No one has answered that one.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on July 30, 2013, 11:38:36 AM
Dunlop realist I know Ballycastle were bad last nite, some of the tactical decisions were terrible could mention a few names that were terrible, but saying we won't run loughguile close how do u know that, we have played them twice this year won 1 and lost the other by 2 points but could of won that game, use worry about cdall if use get there, the town will look after themselves there is always extra in the tank once we play that red jersey
I've to get eyes tested lads.  For unless am blind.  We had "that red jersey" on.  And there wasn't much in the tank. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

pullhard

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 23, 2013, 12:18:15 PM

That I don't agree with
but the rest yeah. Every game I went to that is always the way of it and other ppl say its the same every game. Why? No one has answered that one.

Thats interesting I'd say hes the best player the town have by miles.

Where can I read a match reports? hoganstand and antrim gaa websites have drawn a blank.

johnneycool

Quote from: pullhard on September 23, 2013, 04:22:53 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 23, 2013, 12:18:15 PM

That I don't agree with
but the rest yeah. Every game I went to that is always the way of it and other ppl say its the same every game. Why? No one has answered that one.

Thats interesting I'd say hes the best player the town have by miles.

Where can I read a match reports? hoganstand and antrim gaa websites have drawn a blank.

Try BBC NI Sports web site, its right beside the ladies hockey.

saffron89

thought both Dunloy and the town well beat yesterday.  both tried to compensate with a bit more aggression but it wasn't working out for them

thought Elliot let a bit too much go at times yesterday and there was a few incidents bordering on nasty.  was there not the usual big Dunloy support ??

however a great turn out for both games and a success.  expect a bumper crowd in ballycastle on Sunday 

any word of who gets the final

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on September 23, 2013, 06:01:53 PM
thought both Dunloy and the town well beat yesterday.  both tried to compensate with a bit more aggression but it wasn't working out for them

thought Elliot let a bit too much go at times yesterday and there was a few incidents bordering on nasty.  was there not the usual big Dunloy support ??

however a great turn out for both games and a success.  expect a bumper crowd in ballycastle on Sunday 

ballycastle, 3.30 next Sunday I believe. The time might change though.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on September 23, 2013, 06:01:53 PM

Checked the phone all day!!! :P

Loughgiel by 6 ;)

jdyok

Belfast did have a team in the U-21 final though  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jdyok on September 23, 2013, 09:39:36 PM
Belfast did have a team in the U-21 final though  ;)

Yes they did, thank fcuk we'd (south Antrim) some sucess in an adult competition