Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Sure with forwards like Conor Johnson, Brian Mc Fall, Michael Dudley and Domhall Nugent, St Johns would want as wide a pitch as possible :P

ArfurFoxAche

BTW...if you don't want to see Mr. Edwards as the next chairman, you'd need to be getting the stalking horse sorted out.  Preferably one that's an affiliated and paid up member of the association, unlike the last effort.  By no means impossible but needs all of you to lobby your club committees to ensure they act in line with your wishes.  Must be someone who fancies it...hardstation, MR2, anybody!

btdtgtt

Quote from: jftj on August 30, 2013, 04:37:49 PM
2 years ago we(johnnies)got a player sent off up at toome.the referree sent the wrong player off and the lad got 3 mnths for it.we appealed it and went up to the meeting with joe edwards.geordie mcguckin from cargin came to the meeting as he witnessed what had happened.geordie explained the ref had got the wrong man,the offender had black hair and the lad who got the line was blonde.joe edwards just decided to ignore us and geordie and unbelievably upheld the suspension.to me that was just like calling a good honest gael like geordie  a liar.if this man gets the chair its up there with dawson keeping his job.

And did St. John's put forward the real culprit?

btdtgtt

Quote from: ArfurFoxAche on August 30, 2013, 05:09:09 PM
BTW...if you don't want to see Mr. Edwards as the next chairman, you'd need to be getting the stalking horse sorted out.  Preferably one that's an affiliated and paid up member of the association, unlike the last effort.  By no means impossible but needs all of you to lobby your club committees to ensure they act in line with your wishes.  Must be someone who fancies it...hardstation, MR2, anybody!

Hopefully a candidate as contentious as joe Edwards (who would need nominated & seconded) will bring someone else out of the woodwork.
Leaving aside his internal deficiencies - can we imagine him representing Antrim in the media or at croke park!

jftj

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 30, 2013, 05:38:08 PM
Quote from: jftj on August 30, 2013, 04:37:49 PM
2 years ago we(johnnies)got a player sent off up at toome.the referree sent the wrong player off and the lad got 3 mnths for it.we appealed it and went up to the meeting with joe edwards.geordie mcguckin from cargin came to the meeting as he witnessed what had happened.geordie explained the ref had got the wrong man,the offender had black hair and the lad who got the line was blonde.joe edwards just decided to ignore us and geordie and unbelievably upheld the suspension.to me that was just like calling a good honest gael like geordie  a liar.if this man gets the chair its up there with dawson keeping his job.

And did St. John's put forward the real culprit?
yeah both guys went to meeting and the player held his hands up and admitted it was him.geordie identified the real culprit and joe edwards chose to ignore it.it really was an unbelievable decision.to me it seemed as if edwards was making a sstatement that - he can do anything he wants-

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on August 30, 2013, 01:26:34 PM
My abiding memory of Joe Edwards is during a game against St Pauls him "offering on" a young disabled fella that has been our mascot/water boy for years, over a disputed line ball.
He wouldn't offer on his brother!

Jesusjones

No disgrace in that result for Cloughmills, thought they tried hard throughout. Loughgiel looked a bit lethargic, Mr. Watson looked sharp when he came on.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ArfurFoxAche on August 30, 2013, 05:09:09 PM

Don't be bringing me into it cuz, I do enough for the beloved Antrim ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 30, 2013, 09:30:44 PM
No disgrace in that result for Cloughmills, thought they tried hard throughout. Loughgiel looked a bit lethargic, Mr. Watson looked sharp when he came on.

+1 on all counts.

Buswhacker

The Shamrocks would need to improve a great deal if they intend to win another championship, they looked lethargic and going through the motions. This won't work against Ballycastle,Dunloy or Cushendall.

Buswhacker

Playing the way they did tonight,will not beat any of the other three teams by 15 points,you can be sure of that.

Seamroga in exile

The introduction of Watson, McAuley, D McKinley and Scully made all the difference towards the end of the game. And as JJ said, Winker looked sharp. He took some great scores and laid off some nice flicks and passes. Eddie and Jimmy Campbell had off days. The forwards tried to score goals too often at the start.  They could have had 5 points on the board before the Biddies registered. And let's not take away from Cloughmills' performance. Apart fom the last ten minutes or so they didn't look out of their depth at all.

But also, as the wacker says, improvement is needed all around if we're to obtain the 4 in a row. Maybe a couple more evenings of scoring practice, accompanied by some basic ground to stick work wouldn't go amiss. I'm not a fan of this Hokin and pokin with the one hand. Pull on it ffs.  ;)

Hirty Darry

Cushendall will beat St Johns by at least 8.

Dunloy will beat Rossa by at least 10.

Ballycastle will beat Glenariff by at least 6.

You can make all the excuses you want for Loughgiel and if they are beat, it will be "sure it's been a long 3 years etc etc" but mark my words - they will not win this years Championship!

The signs have been there in 4/5 of their recent 6/7 performances.

Loughgiel 2/5 shots ...

Get on Cdall/Dunloy/Ballycastle now before my predictions happen.

Cushendall @ 7/2 is my NAP!

Seamroga in exile

Ballycastle bog certs.