Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Having just read what rogue sie tweeted, he/she makes a valid point.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

If you want to pm me your Twitter name JJ I'll follow you with a message. How's about that?

Minder

Wexford 3-18 Antrim 0-17 FT
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Buswhacker

Well that's that then!!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Buswhacker on June 22, 2013, 04:59:33 PM
Well that's that then!!
apparently it's progress bushwhacker.

Jesusjones

Certainly an improvement on last year.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Jesusjones on June 22, 2013, 06:32:43 PM
Certainly an improvement on last year.

Without taking any one point over another how do you measure the improvement. The only difference was actually getting past Westmeath and they may even have went backwards. From where I stand it seems the exact same as last year without the press/manager s@#te that went on. We even accounted for Wexford last year. I just don't think we should be getting into what failure is better.

tom moore83

suppose kevin ryan will be calling of all games so as antrim can prepare for ulster final....now that will be progress

btdtgtt

Lads if we can leave out personalities and club stuff for a second consider this please:

The county season is boringly predictable yet again. When was the last season that didnt end with meaningless wins & losses then nothing gained or lost. It's just and endless cycle.

So - let's not perpetuate this!
Let's not hold our club season with the majority of hurlers to ransom for this meaningless procession each year!

For once - just once - put our club season first!
We will end up with the sane results as always in year 1 - but with a cracking club scene.
In year 2 we might still not advance - but we will have broadened our player base due to the strength of the club scene.
By year3 the club scene might have been reflected in depth in the county squad and a rising tide lifting all boats.

Lets face it - what have we got to lose!
A bad county set up and a good one yield the sane results at present so let's try something different!
If it works great!
If it doesn't well nothing lost at county stage - but gains in club scene!

Or else let's go through the same routine and continue to be the pet mouse or hamster on the wheel.
Same old same old?

Jesusjones

I'm in full agreement about letting clubs play their matches. There should be no 7 day rule. Donegal are playing club football championship at the minute and it isn't doing them any harm.

Glensman

Any of the Oisins know the days/times for the Feis/Countess/Junior weekend?

Minder

Big win for Glenariffe against Portaferry, rumours it was Portaferrys U-12 team.

1-13 to 2-8

Seamroga in exile

Beat ballygalget 11-9

CitySlicker11

That win for Glenariffe is bad news for Rossa who lost again today. Would need to be some turn around at this stage.

Minder

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 23, 2013, 06:36:01 PM
That win for Glenariffe is bad news for Rossa who lost again today. Would need to be some turn around at this stage.

Plenty of games left for Rossa & Portaferry, who were apparently very poor today.