Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 16, 2012, 01:11:14 AM
whats typical about it.   his heads not in it, so hes not going to be available.  same as cormac.  whats the problem?

It's better that he comes out and says he's not committing, rather than go at it half hearted and fúck around making a balls of the whole thing and that goes for all players.

Jesusjones

Has his head ever really ever been in it as far as Antrim is concerned? You can crow back to the Cork game but thats the same game he got the line in. We were still in the game at that stage and really needed people to stand up and be counted. He did the opposite. There are those with red tinted glasses will tell you the Cork game was his best for Antrim.

the colonel

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 16, 2012, 01:11:14 AM
whats typical about it.   his heads not in it, so hes not going to be available.  same as cormac.  whats the problem?

There's nothing wrong with Cormacs head according to his interview last week. It's his body that is the problem and there's a fair difference there SG
the difference between success and failure is energy

Rasharkin Gael

When we have only 12 players turning up for county training there is a serious problem. It maybe is a hangover from the last few years of disappointment but as has been said, leadership seems to be lacking within the county setup / board. While i understand what KR was saying in his Irish snooze interview, regarding taking on players who really want to play for the county and are committed , the shear number of fellas who haven't committed would indicate that there is something fundamentally wrong within our county. If JM or FQ would show some initiative here and jump in the car and go and see those guys who haven't turned and asked for a honest reason why, we could maybe start to fix these problems. Airing our dirty linen in the media is not going to help this situation at all.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on November 16, 2012, 09:07:14 AM
When we have only 12 players turning up for county training there is a serious problem. It maybe is a hangover from the last few years of disappointment but as has been said, leadership seems to be lacking within the county setup / board. While i understand what KR was saying in his Irish snooze interview, regarding taking on players who really want to play for the county and are committed , the shear number of fellas who haven't committed would indicate that there is something fundamentally wrong within our county. If JM or FQ would show some initiative here and jump in the car and go and see those guys who haven't turned and asked for a honest reason why, we could maybe start to fix these problems. Airing our dirty linen in the media is not going to help this situation at all.

+1

thegladiator

a bit of honesty would go a long way. "heads not in it"is a kop out. "cant give the required commitment due to worm family etc", fine by me. "dont think i'll get a game" fine by me. honesty and trust are 2 cornerstones in building a successful team. between the county board and teams; there is very little of either going both ways.

drici

Quote from: thegladiator on November 16, 2012, 09:46:28 AM

a bit of honesty would go a long way. "heads not in it"is a kop out. "cant give the required commitment due to worm family etc", fine by me. "dont think i'll get a game" fine by me. honesty and trust are 2 cornerstones in building a successful team. between the county board and teams; there is very little of either going both ways.

Seamroga in exile

It didn't take long for the usual suspects to jump on the anti winker bandwagon.  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

oisinog

Quote from: Jesusjones on November 16, 2012, 08:24:27 AM
Has his head ever really ever been in it as far as Antrim is concerned? You can crow back to the Cork game but thats the same game he got the line in. We were still in the game at that stage and really needed people to stand up and be counted. He did the opposite. There are those with red tinted glasses will tell you the Cork game was his best for Antrim.

In fairness you saw both sides of Watson that day. He showed he could play with the big boys but at the same time when he was not getting his own way he got the line. I have saw that too often with players in my own club

Sleeping giant

He also said that he couldn't 100% commit to both and at the minute an all Ireland semi was a good place to be.   I'd say if Liam pissed in the wrong direction some of use f**king clowns would have a problem with it.  He wished Ryan and the hurlers all the best. And let's move on,   He's not that good to be honest anyway!!!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 16, 2012, 11:10:43 AM
It didn't take long for the usual suspects to jump on the anti winker bandwagon.  ::)

It didn't take long for the usual LG suspects to jump to his defense, no anti winker sentiment here but ill call it as i see it.

I posted the news with one word(sleeping giant)
typical: 1. Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category:
Conforming to a type
give me another word that corelates better with this story given the subjects history with the county. Lets not compare it with hippy or shorty as they have given full commitment every year to now. this guy takes a sabbatical at least once a year since he started. at least this time hes telling the manager from the start so fair play to him for that. If your looking for a player that commands respect from LG look no further than Johnny  Campbell, was always at training and gave his best when wearing the saffron jersey with no fuss. He might not be as good a hurler but has been a far better asset to the county over the last ten years or so. That's enough from me on this subject as I'm sure winker would delighted if he new someone was talking about him. TYPICAL
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Would you not defend a club mate if he was getting ripped apart at every chance?     
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

nrico2006

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 16, 2012, 12:52:18 PM
Would you not defend a club mate if he was getting ripped apart at every chance?   

Do you really love every one of your club mates that much?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

manballandall

Paranoia again with the shamrocks. Would you disagree with any of the comments made about liam. You can hardly deny that he didn't give 100 percent committment to the county surely?

Buswhacker

You can say what you like about the Shamrocks,at least they put Antrim's  name on the the map. Pity the county powers that be didn't follow their example and set up a management system something similar, selected from the different local clubs,instead of paying expenses to so called Southern whiz kid managers. We need to bring the clubs together and a local management panel could help.....maybe. I know it's been tried before,but with different personnel on board,I can see the advantages.