Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 5058223 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #39000 on: April 19, 2021, 10:10:44 PM »
Must have been 91 or 92. To be fair it was pretty out of character for him.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39001 on: April 19, 2021, 10:37:57 PM »
Must have been 91 or 92. To be fair it was pretty out of character for him.

Remember it well, nuts lol
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39002 on: April 20, 2021, 08:47:08 AM »
Those games were good early 90s between cushendall and ballycastle but they were a bit tense lol.

I see we drew Dublin the leinster. I guess it's about as good as we could hope for unless Laois. You never know if we keep going in the direction we have been going.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39003 on: April 20, 2021, 08:51:24 AM »
Those games were good early 90s between cushendall and ballycastle but they were a bit tense lol.

I see we drew Dublin the leinster. I guess it's about as good as we could hope for unless Laois. You never know if we keep going in the direction we have been going.

Big game with no pressure on Antrim, something to work towards, hopefully the squad get plenty of top notch challenge games ahead of it.

Antrim have never feared Dublin in the past, and while Dublin have been streets ahead of Antrim lately this is a 60/40 game, and we did put them on their arse in Dublin when they were fancied big time.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39004 on: April 20, 2021, 08:58:59 AM »
Laois beat them the other year. I think we have a chance. Keaney has just retired too which is a bonus lol.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #39005 on: April 20, 2021, 10:48:17 AM »
What clubs amalgamated to form shamrock rovers and what year?

Loughgiel and Cloot.

Who did Sambo play with then?

Cushendall, all his life as far as I remember, although he may have messed about at Gaelic with Glenravel for a short time. Cushendall have never had a Gaelic team as far as I know. I believe the poster was referring to Sambo getting a suspension prematurely quashed to allow him to hurl for Antrim in an Ulster final.

;)
In fairness that was a well dodgy move there, what year was it? Early 90s?

'93 I think.

Chris "hunter" Mageean had got sent off in a club game a month before for what was normally a 4 week ban but ended up getting 12 weeks!!

Antrim CB was indeed "well dodgy" back then.

Tyrdub

• View Profile
« Reply #39006 on: April 21, 2021, 08:29:34 AM »
Dublin in 1/4.

Im hearing Antrim are absolutely flying inside in training.

going well after 1 week's training  ;)

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39007 on: April 21, 2021, 08:59:12 AM »
Its a good game for Antrim. We have nothing to lose whatsoever and the experience of last season plus the Division 1b campaign will stand them to good footing going forward.

If we wanted to see where we are going with this Antrim set then this is where we want to be. Looking forward to this.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39008 on: April 21, 2021, 09:14:25 AM »
Yep exactly. Dublin are very good and would be rightly strong favourites but nothing to lose as you say and a really good barometer of where we are.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39009 on: April 21, 2021, 06:50:28 PM »
Beating Dublin is a huge task. If we can do that Id be more than happy. Dublin near beat kk last year mind you but Galway really much better again only they imploded against kk.

I would have us as +10 against Dublin but if gleeson keeps us going the way he has been and he can do what dinny Cahill did and instil the belief in the players then we could be in with a shout.

One step at a time lol.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

• View Profile
« Reply #39010 on: April 21, 2021, 07:04:39 PM »
Beating Dublin is a huge task. If we can do that Id be more than happy. Dublin near beat kk last year mind you but Galway really much better again only they imploded against kk.

I would have us as +10 against Dublin but if gleeson keeps us going the way he has been and he can do what dinny Cahill did and instil the belief in the players then we could be in with a shout.

One step at a time lol.

Love to see yous catch Dublin ,not be easy,last year we 3-4 lads miles off where they needed to be conditioning wise

keep her low this half

• View Profile
« Reply #39011 on: May 03, 2021, 03:07:09 PM »
Club games starting on Saturday. County v Clare at Corrigan on Sunday. Lots to look forward to. What is the story with spectators? I assume we are not allowed at the county game, what about club matches?
Hopefully Tony Kelly misses the bus to make the Clare match interesting.

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #39012 on: May 03, 2021, 03:38:06 PM »
Club games starting on Saturday. County v Clare at Corrigan on Sunday. Lots to look forward to. What is the story with spectators? I assume we are not allowed at the county game, what about club matches?

It will be after 24th May review  before spectators will be considered for attendance at games. Presently training/ games restricted to 100 people  participating on club grounds. 70 players / coaching team / stewards etc . Doesn't leave much room for spectators

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39013 on: May 03, 2021, 04:34:25 PM »

It will be after 24th May review  before spectators will be considered for attendance at games. Presently training/ games restricted to 100 people  participating on club grounds. 70 players / coaching team / stewards etc . Doesn't leave much room for spectators

At least they are back on! The 23rd not too far away and hopefully like last year there will be plenty of streaming for the games.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39014 on: May 03, 2021, 05:09:32 PM »
I think the Clare game deferred on tg4 and I read somewhere you can get it live on tg4 online.