Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 17, 2008, 09:43:56 AM

As is customary, the Clans are only cited as an example of what not to do...

You really should learn to get over the anxiety you clearly have at the past successes of the clans Uladh. The obsession you have is really really pityful in many ways. Hating a team that much, that you feel you have to refer to them at every opportunity on every subject is pathetic. It is a bit like Pints with the cullyhanna team.
[/quote]

I certainly don't hate the clans... like them a little less than most clubs because of the renowned slabbering from players and suppporters... but that's no reason to hate anyone. obviously you'll think that's because you are such a "successful" club  :D

You thinking that anyone cares enough about clans to refer to them at every opportunity is sad.

now, the sooner you realise that your place is in the mediocre section with most of the rest of us the better it will be for the us all.

brokencrossbar1

TAC, the Og's are a quality side and only for a bit of bad luck over the years they would have beaten us once or twice.  If all things fall their way, and one of those is that Clarke has a massive game, they can beat Cross. 

I am not saying that Cross will be overawed, but you can never underestimate the effect of winning on any team.  From experience it is worth a few scores.

Uladh

Best of luck to both teams today and great to see the athletic grounds hosting the county final again.

Haven't seen either team this year so who knows but as has been said many many many times cross' run will end some day!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Intermediate final prediction.

St Pat's by a point after extra time.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

umgolaarmagh

Ogs to win by 1-3 points (6-1 Paddy Power)

if this happens there will be no work next week as the bookie will cover it 8)

Armagh Exile

What was the final score in this afternoons Intermediate Football Final between Culloville and St Patrick's?

bennydorano

Dire game, Cullyhanna just bossed it from start to finish, only Johnny McGeeney and the FB played any at all for Cullaville. McGeeney prob lucky to stay on the field, should have had a straight red but got a yellow and then should have got another yellow shortly after, but the ref obviously felt sorry for them by that stage - Colm O'Rourke would probably call him a bit of a pup.  Cullyhanna really played as a team with all their big names all to the fore, should give the Ulster a good rattle I'd imagine.

The second County final in a row were you could have went home at HT, hope the Ogs dont make it a hat trick tommorrow.

Smokin Joe

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: twotwocharlie on October 18, 2008, 05:47:46 PM
13-5 to cullyhanna

Hard luck Mr. twotwo

Absolutely thrilled with the result  ;D

The whole team was absolutely brilliant. Yes, Culloville didn't perform on the day but they weren't allowed to play. St Pat's got a hold of the game early on and didn't relinquish their grip on proceedings until well into the second half when the game was effectively over. Midfield today was superb. Mal Mackin and Ciaran O'Hare both had superb games. Provided the solid backbone we needed to go on and win the game. Took a few excellent scores as well at times. It was a good all round team performance but the best on the day were probably Shane Lennon, Ciaran O'Hare, Mal Mackin (man of the match I thought) and Shane McKeever.

Johnny McGeeney definately should have gotten the line but I think Benny's assesment of the ref's attitude is about right.

Ironically the tightest game we had in the championship was against a B team near the bottom of the 3rd division. By all accounts we were lucky to escape that night but it was a kick up the hole we needed. I don't like to get too far ahead of ourselves because we could soon get brought down to earth but I genuinely think we could give Ulster a good rattle this year.

Was tough on Culloville today. Their league position suggests they're a better side than that and losing a final 2 years in a row is bound to be gut wrenching. Still they'll be there or thereabouts next year I'm sure.

Onion Bag

The moy i would say will also be fancying their chances in the Ulster intermediate, thats saying they win their final tomorrow, the team is lined with county men, 2 cavanaghs, r mellon, p jordan, all all ireland winners this year, would be a great tussle, would love to see k mc keever and cavanagh mark each other, it would be worth the entrance fee alone,

Well Done Cullyhana
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

MOJO

Firstly I would like to congratulate Cullyhanna on winning today, credit where credit is due, but surely the last comment reinforces the fact that the Armagh Intermediate Championship is NOT Actually the Armagh Intermediate Championship. Today we had a final with 2 Divison one sides competing, while tomorrows SENIOR final sees another 2 Division One sides! Surely, for the good of Armagh Club Football, we must have a league system whereby your final league standing decides what Championship you play in the following year ie Top 16 compete for the Senior Championship, Next 16 compete for the Intermediate etc, only then can we expect to have meaningful competitions. I'm quite sure this is a proposal that will receive alot of support from all Junior & Intermediate Clubs, as it will potentially do away with the possible pairing of a Divison 1 Side (St.Pat's Cullyhanna, Culloville) and Division 4 sides (In 2009 - Cross 2nds, and if they had of won this years Junior, Grange). Action is needed to address these unbalance's in our Championship's. Any thoughts?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: MOJO on October 18, 2008, 07:20:18 PM
Firstly I would like to congratulate Cullyhanna on winning today, credit where credit is due, but surely the last comment reinforces the fact that the Armagh Intermediate Championship is NOT Actually the Armagh Intermediate Championship. Today we had a final with 2 Divison one sides competing, while tomorrows SENIOR final sees another 2 Division One sides! Surely, for the good of Armagh Club Football, we must have a league system whereby your final league standing decides what Championship you play in the following year ie Top 16 compete for the Senior Championship, Next 16 compete for the Intermediate etc, only then can we expect to have meaningful competitions. I'm quite sure this is a proposal that will receive alot of support from all Junior & Intermediate Clubs, as it will potentially do away with the possible pairing of a Divison 1 Side (St.Pat's Cullyhanna, Culloville) and Division 4 sides (In 2009 - Cross 2nds, and if they had of won this years Junior, Grange). Action is needed to address these unbalance's in our Championship's. Any thoughts?

Absolutely spot on Mojo. But its up to the clubs to demand a sensible system from the county board. Just a slight point - it should be top 15 in the league and the intermediate champions in the senior championship (if the Intermediate champions were to finsih outside the top 16).

Onion Bag

Couldnt agree more mojo, Tyrone have the 3 league divisions and they are the 3 championships, thats the way it should be done, and do away with the 4th, each team will have more games to play, and also it should give teams with county players a chance to play some off their games with these players involved becasue the season will be longer.
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

MOJO

Correct, the Intermediate Champions should automatically qualify for the following years Senior Championship, regardless of their final league standing!