Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scout

Only have the 1 vaccine myself, so it's outdoors for myself!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: scout on July 29, 2021, 09:08:54 PM

The Living Room (just off O'Connell Street) should be good (for external screens), plus there's the Woolshed on Parnell Street, also has outside screens for sport.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 29, 2021, 09:37:11 PM

The Living Room (just off O'Connell Street) should be good (for external screens), plus there's the Woolshed on Parnell Street, also has outside screens for sport.
Is there a  Dublin pub you haven't been inside?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2021, 10:28:01 PM

Dublin is a wee bit bigger than Clontibret, you know!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 29, 2021, 10:36:47 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2021, 10:28:01 PM

Dublin is a wee bit bigger than Clontibret, you know!  :P
Where on earth did you get the idea that I'm from Clontibret?  I have corrected you on that before, the excess drinking must be doing stuff to your brain cells.
Ballybay it is.

RedHand88

inroundthesquare

Quote from: yellowcard on July 29, 2021, 05:51:06 PM
The main basis for a lot of  the predictions is that Tyrone will win because they always beat Monaghan in Croke Park. But how many times have they actually played each other there in championship, it can't have actually been that many. I remember the infamous Cavanagh rugby tackle on McManus to save the match for Tyrone and the semi final win in 2018 when Monaghan missed a few chances at the death but I don't recall many others. If there were others they can't be all that relevant to the current teams. I think Monaghan are being largely written off in this match by the media which will suit them just fine.

2005 Qualifier, 2013 QF, 2015 QF, 2018 SF

Main Street

However Monaghan are getting closer, from the hammering in 2005 to just the  point deficit in 2017. Evolution  not devolution.

the goal was on

Monaghan have beat dublin in croke park and last year drew with them in croke park so they can certainly perform there. they have went in euphoric after big wins the last few times they played tyrone so the mindset will be much different this time. Some of the reasons i think monaghan win.

mc curry was blotted out by eoghan ban the last day - ryan wylie can do the same
tyrone pace in certain areas - burns/mc geary/o neill/mcnamee - monaghan now have a lot of raw pace and can expose this.
Tyrone have no colm cav who was collosal in protecting the defence
midfield - monaghan far more experienced and proven in this area
monaghans forward are more clinical.
kickouts - tyrone still poor on opposition and their own. cant see them troubling beggan once again
murphy going off saved them and even then they still only pulled away at the end
hunger

anyway tyrone will probably win!!

trailer

imtommygunn

McCurry tortured Eoghan Ban (who shouldn't be near corner back might I add - brilliant half back).

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 30, 2021, 02:04:07 PM
McCurry tortured Eoghan Ban (who shouldn't be near corner back might I add - brilliant half back).

Yes Mccurry scored 7 points and was Tyrones top scorer.

Under Lights

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 29, 2021, 05:29:20 PM
Tyrone have always had the edge over Monaghan in croke Park. I see no different this wkend

Even with the covid outbreak. I've said too much

the goal was on

Mc curry only scored 1 point when ban Gallagher was on him and he was well tied up. Only when they moved him half back that mc curry prospered. Mc curry yet to do it on the biggest stage

Taylor

Quote from: the goal was on on July 30, 2021, 03:47:13 PM
Mc curry only scored 1 point when ban Gallagher was on him and he was well tied up. Only when they moved him half back that mc curry prospered. Mc curry yet to do it on the biggest stage

What stage would that be?