China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Did I just hear the BBC Commentator say if England lose the Euro semis & final because of Covid it could go to Hungary? Christ that would be an uber humiliation for Bojo and the boys.

BennyCake

Quote from: bennydorano on June 19, 2021, 02:03:49 PM
Did I just hear the BBC Commentator say if England lose the Euro semis & final because of Covid it could go to Hungary? Christ that would be an uber humiliation for Bojo and the boys.

It's something to do with the big wigs and sponsors having to quarantine before attending the semis/final. It's obviously a threat that Boris will bow down to. One rule for the millionaires, another for the peasants.

bennydorano

Quote from: BennyCake on June 19, 2021, 02:45:21 PM

It's something to do with the big wigs and sponsors having to quarantine before attending the semis/final. It's obviously a threat that Boris will bow down to. One rule for the millionaires, another for the peasants.
Would be a strange hill to die on tbf, presumably they're all mostly well heeled middle aged men who've already been double jabbed.

armaghniac

Actually, I think they can do something for the bigwigs and sponsors, who will be in restricted areas. The issue is about the fans generally as the government does not want a load of randomers coming without applying the rules when John Smith, blue passport holder, has to quarantine coming back from his holidays.

I can't see how applying public health rules to foreigners is a humiliation for Boris, whereas an outbreak of Covid in London would affect him.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2021, 04:46:38 PM

Actually, I think they can do something for the bigwigs and sponsors, who will be in restricted areas. The issue is about the fans generally as the government does not want a load of randomers coming without applying the rules when John Smith, blue passport holder, has to quarantine coming back from his holidays.

I can't see how applying public health rules to foreigners is a humiliation for Boris, whereas an outbreak of Covid in London would affect him.

Yeah true. Makes you wonder why they persisted with playing it in numerous countries.

Didn't they move the Copa America at the last minute. Why not the Euros?

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on June 19, 2021, 04:46:38 PM

I'm not up to speed on what's  going on tbh but I've been assuming fans at the games have been living in the host country, fans should be subject to quarantine surely. There would be a huge diaspora of every Euro nation in GB, no matter what countries get to the final they could fill it from foreign residents in London.

Cunny Funt

ROI weekly update.

Cases 2221 (149 fewer cases than last week)
In hospital 49 (13 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 15 (7 fewer than last Sunday)

Jim Bob

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 20, 2021, 03:37:24 PM
ROI weekly update.

Cases 2221 (149 fewer cases than last week)
In hospital 49 (13 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 15 (7 fewer than last Sunday)

Encouraging....at a time when we are seeing numbers creeping up elsewhere...

Farrandeelin

Great to see Sam McConkey crawling out a few weeks before indoor dining is allowed. I'm not sure if it will go ahead on July 5th myself. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 22, 2021, 02:54:01 PM
Great to see Sam McConkey crawling out a few weeks before indoor dining is allowed. I'm not sure if it will go ahead on July 5th myself. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

It will go ahead so long as the hospital situation stays in a very stable position. 39 in hospital and 13 in ICU at the moment.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/rapid-rise-in-coronavirus-delta-variant-in-ireland-over-past-week-to-be-discussed-at-cabinet-1.4599743
"What I would be worried about is the evolution of another variant which could spread widely among people who are vaccinated. That would be a terrifying prospect."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2021, 06:55:40 AM
"What I would be worried about is the evolution of another variant which could spread widely among people who are vaccinated. That would be a terrifying prospect."

At least someone realises the risk.

Don't know why they don't just knock international travel on the head for all but the most essential.

Eventually, somewhere, with the current way of going, it will mutate to be largely outside of the vaccine's attack vectors - and then there'll be hell to pay if things remain as open as they are (w.r.t international travel).
i usse an speelchekor

trailer

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 23, 2021, 07:42:26 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2021, 06:55:40 AM

At least someone realises the risk.

Don't know why they don't just knock international travel on the head for all but the most essential.

Eventually, somewhere, with the current way of going, it will mutate to be largely outside of the vaccine's attack vectors - and then there'll be hell to pay if things remain as open as they are (w.r.t international travel).

Hospital cases remain low. No one in Covid ICU in the North. The vaccines work. I'm due to get my 2nd one next week. I think the governments realise that another 3 or 4 weeks most people over 30 will have had both jabs.
If a new variant emerges we will have to tweak the vaccine. Covid isn't going away but we now have a proven workable solution.

Armagh18

I see they've invented sorry discovered a new variant in India now...

BennyCake

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 23, 2021, 09:32:42 AM
I see they've invented sorry discovered a new variant in India now...

No, you had it right the first time  ;)