Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 19, 2014, 05:00:33 PM
Hold ctrl and hit the +sign.

Spot on. Thanks.  Always something simple.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

5 Sams

Had to log out of Facebook and when I went to log back in I realised that I hadn't a clue what my password was. Tried the "forgot my password" yoke several times where they send you a link to reset it but it never arrived. Any ideas lads?
The Aristocrat Years

Boycey

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 25, 2014, 08:50:41 PM
Had to log out of Facebook and when I went to log back in I realised that I hadn't a clue what my password was. Tried the "forgot my password" yoke several times where they send you a link to reset it but it never arrived. Any ideas lads?

Are you logged in on a couple of devices, for instance on pc and iPhone. If so chances are you will be still logged in on whatever one you weren't on today. If so just reset your password.

It's not like them not to send out a link straight away, are you checking right email address? Have you looked in your junk folder?

Apparently so

Whats the best email accounts out there folks? I know all the main ones like outlook, gmail, yahoo but was just wondering are there any other decent ones there that I don't know of?

Just want a different one from the mainstream yolks  ;D  8)

muppet

Quote from: Apparently so on October 29, 2014, 08:15:07 PM
Whats the best email accounts out there folks? I know all the main ones like outlook, gmail, yahoo but was just wondering are there any other decent ones there that I don't know of?

Just want a different one from the mainstream yolks  ;D  8)

If you have an apple you might want an iCloud account. Also I use an App called Airmail which is free and very handy for all your email accounts.
MWWSI 2017

Apparently so

Cheers mupoet. Trying the AOL email, seems decent so far

Last Man

Can anyone recommend a network extender, just to connect a TV in another room to the web for streaming Netflix etc. I'm thinking the units that plug into the mains not wireless. Is there a brand that i should stick to?

JohnDenver

Quote from: Last Man on November 20, 2014, 11:07:57 AM
Can anyone recommend a network extender, just to connect a TV in another room to the web for streaming Netflix etc. I'm thinking the units that plug into the mains not wireless. Is there a brand that i should stick to?

Should be grand with either of these on Amazon - loads of decent reviews.  First set has higher transfer rate - but the second set even though the transfer rate is lower, should still be fine for streaming Netflix, provided your broadband speed is decent, plus it has the added functionality of plug sockets built in so you aren't wasting a wall socket.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-PA411KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B0084Y9N3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416481727&sr=8-1&keywords=homeplugs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA251KIT-Multi-Streaming-Powerline-Starter/dp/B005KTM2G6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416481727&sr=8-2&keywords=homeplugs

Last Man

Quote from: JohnDenver on November 20, 2014, 11:12:51 AM

Should be grand with either of these on Amazon - loads of decent reviews.  First set has higher transfer rate - but the second set even though the transfer rate is lower, should still be fine for streaming Netflix, provided your broadband speed is decent, plus it has the added functionality of plug sockets built in so you aren't wasting a wall socket.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-PA411KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B0084Y9N3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416481727&sr=8-1&keywords=homeplugs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA251KIT-Multi-Streaming-Powerline-Starter/dp/B005KTM2G6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416481727&sr=8-2&keywords=homeplugs
Cheers fella, like the look of 2nd set alright, would these handle PS3 online gaming also?

JohnDenver

Quote from: Last Man on November 20, 2014, 11:22:21 AM

Have a read through some of them reviews on Amazon - I would say there is plenty of info on there too.

Cheers fella, like the look of 2nd set alright, would these handle PS3 online gaming also?

Yeah I would say so - I'm no expert on the technical side of it, but I've seen them working in other's homes and they are a good job.  If you are currently using wireless for the PS3, then these will definitely be an improvement.  The main issue is the initial speed of your broadband.  You won't be getting the true speed that you would get from the router with these, but they will be better than a wireless connection.

Last Man

Quote from: JohnDenver on November 20, 2014, 11:33:19 AM
Quote from: Last Man on November 20, 2014, 11:22:21 AM

Have a read through some of them reviews on Amazon - I would say there is plenty of info on there too.

Yeah I would say so - I'm no expert on the technical side of it, but I've seen them working in other's homes and they are a good job.  If you are currently using wireless for the PS3, then these will definitely be an improvement.  The main issue is the initial speed of your broadband.  You won't be getting the true speed that you would get from the router with these, but they will be better than a wireless connection.
Sound job, I'll give them a go.

BenDover

Not to do with computers but I'm getting no sound from either of the 3 HDMI ports on my TV. Picture is perfect, I've tried changing the lead, turning the TV off for a bit, factory reset etc any ideas what could be wrong and can it be fixed? Have had to resort to using the scart lead.

Muzz

Sound will come from the speakers not the HDMI ports!

What device are you connecting to the HDMI ports?

Muzz

Have you checked the sound output from your sky settings?  Make sure it is HDMI not optical?