David Clifford to surpass the Gooch?

Started by CumminsCiderLarry, June 03, 2018, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 12, 2021, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 12, 2021, 11:10:45 AM
Team game.
John Divilly has one or maybe even 2 AI medals.
CiarĂ¡n McDonald hasn't any.

Gaelic footballers are measured on AI medals. It's a snobbery thing, usually measured by counties who win AI's.

Are or aren't?

Plenty of fantastic footballers from counties who didn't win the all Ireland and it doesn't make them any less. You look at Marty forde, Declan Browne, dermot Earley etc etc . They are well remembered.

The Dublin setup is so good that on an individual level I am not sure as many will be remembered as should be.

hoynevalley

I thought David gave an exhibition of shooting last night. Kerry kick passing was a joy to watch. Best forwards in the country.

Wildweasel74

Is he better than Gooch, yes, nxt benchmark Fitzgerald, then when he's about 26, same age M Connor finished I make a assessment again him.

hoynevalley

David and Co togging for UL against Galway University. Should be a good game.

Mayo4Sam14

I feel like when the dust settles we could be talking about David Clifford in the "best xv never to win an all Ireland" discussion
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Armagh18

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on February 17, 2022, 01:03:32 AM
I feel like when the dust settles we could be talking about David Clifford in the "best xv never to win an all Ireland" discussion
Bound to win it this year or next!

lenny

Only a Mayo man could have those negative thoughts.

Armagh18

Quote from: lenny on February 17, 2022, 07:57:38 AM

Mayo must have nearly the full 15 now?

sensethetone

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 17, 2022, 08:11:57 AM
Quote from: lenny on February 17, 2022, 07:57:38 AM

Mayo must have nearly the full 15 now?

Mayo have 14 players on best never to win an All Ireland team, Charlie Vernon is the 15th. Mayo players haven't been allocated a position yet as that team don't know where to player Charlie either.

galwayman

I would be shocked if Clifford retires without an All Ireland in all honesty.
With the talent they have coming through it's a matter of time.
Could well be 2022.

imtommygunn

Last year was considered a disaster for Kerry but they took the AI champions to extra time and if a few things had went a bit differently they'd have been there or thereabouts. (Yes they didn't but it's coming and not like in 2014 when they were a poor Kerry team though they need a better defense than they have).

Mayo4Sam14

It's coming every year, they don't have it in them to do it
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

smort