Ó Sé - A legacy.

Started by moysider, June 30, 2015, 10:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Must say I'm really into this. Never saw some of that footage in part 1 before. Great stuff. The nephews looking up at the cup in the national school is great stuff.

twohands!!!

They can reuse the speech he gave Westmeath before the Laois game for the final against Dublin  the next day. #worthchancingit

Boycey

A great show about a great man..

twohands!!!

I'd say that the Cork football crowd are probably thinking ffs last thing we need heading down to Killarney.

An Watcher

Very good show with some great footage

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

sligoman2

A great man indeed and a gentleman.  I met him in Ventry once and he spoke with me for a half an hour about football and his mother from Sligo. I tried to convince him to take over as Sligo manager but he didn't bite.

Great man and a great family
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

mad tan

I enjoyed all three programmes in the series. Great TV. That was some belt Paudie hit Dinny Allen. Was just thinking if that was Keano that Paudie hit there would have been some barney. It fairness I don't think Roy would have used the elbow like that.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Found it curious (no paranoia here, honest), that in an otherwise fairly comprehensive programme last night about the great buachaill himself, that they didn't even mention the last Championship game he was involved in with Kerry, as manager, before getting a rather unceremonious boot, with probably not a little responsibility lying with that last game for the Kerry CB's decision.

Plenty about the previous year's final against Armagh (2002)... perhaps Spillane is chief subject matter consultant! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 01, 2015, 10:22:23 PM
Found it curious (no paranoia here, honest), that in an otherwise fairly comprehensive programme last night about the great buachaill himself, that they didn't even mention the last Championship game he was involved in with Kerry, as manager, before getting a rather unceremonious boot, with probably not a little responsibility lying with that last game for the Kerry CB's decision.

Plenty about the previous year's final against Armagh (2002)... perhaps Spillane is chief subject matter consultant! ;)

Really? You're making this about Tyrone?

5 Sams

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2015, 10:34:58 PM

Typical. Superb programme about one of the most decorated players and managers ever in the game
and then you get this shite from Tyrone.
The Aristocrat Years

moysider

Well.... It's important that the invention of 'puke football' should be acknowledged in fairness. It was a landmark match in our game.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on July 02, 2015, 12:02:53 AM

Well.... It's important that the invention of 'puke football' should be acknowledged in fairness. It was a landmark match in our game.

They're saving that for Spillane - A Legacy.

Ironically I usually forget just how much of an all-time great Pateen is with all the shite he talks. A bit like Paudi (not saying he talked shite but y'know) he'll only get proper recognition like this when he's gone.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 01, 2015, 11:45:35 PM

Typical. Superb programme about one of the most decorated players and managers ever in the game

Wind your neck in, so something as significant (from purely his perspective) wasn't worth a mention? He was nearly decapitated by one of his own on the sideline, FFS.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 02, 2015, 12:11:20 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 01, 2015, 11:45:35 PM

Wind your neck in, so something as significant (from purely his perspective) wasn't worth a mention?

I have never thought of Paudi and Tyrone in the same breath until now, certainly not in the last 12 years. The interview by the sea was far more signifcant to Paudi than that match. I think only a Tyroneman could see that as a problem with the program.