Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

Martin Clarke is home home next friday and will be playing for An Riocht in the playoffs, its part of his contract with Collingwood that he should be allowed to play whenever he is home.  Should be interesting

Guillem2

I had to make a delivery to the new pitch at Ballela once a couple of years ago. Hardest place in the world to find! I found the Holy Grail, Lord Lucan & Sergar before I found the feckin pitch!!  >:(
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Townie

anyone know of any of the new recruits to this years county squad? Heard a few names floating about but im sure someone is taking the piss out of me! 
???

wobbller

Share with us your names so we can all get a laugh

spiritof91and94

Wobbs,
Simon Poland will get the ball rolling!

naka

rooney from cruppen( was bosco) is on the panel, has been playing well , marked mc conville out of the game in the cruppen/ cross game

the milkman

Any other names? wat age is poland?

wobbller

Simon has been tried,tested and failed!

goldenyears

simon is 32 and i dont think he failed. he was a very good attacking wing half back that played 97-2001 - he took the head staggers, and like others fell out with pete. paddy o'rourke never looked at him which i felt was weird considering he is 6'2 and has bulked up over the years on the weights....

granted i dont believe his club form has been anything to write home about....

downredblack

Quote from: wobbller on September 27, 2007, 09:32:25 AM
Simon has been tried,tested and failed!

We have tried worse .

What about Colgan , was he asked along ?

wobbller

GY.What else would Ross and DJ go on other than Club form for a 32 yr old?

spiritof91and94

His club form wouldnt warrant a place on Bryansford seconds FFS!
When we needed him v Mayobridge another mystery injury appeared though he was first to train on the Wednesday after - always pulls out of big club games throughout his career.

redandblackjack

Lads, to be fair to DJ and Ross there hasnt been too many that have set the county alight with their performances this season. The championship itself has been of a pretty poor standard with a few execptions.
This isnt the final panel it will be cut a fair few times before we hit championship time. Many of the more senior players have got numerous chances to prove their worth and havent delivered- is it not only fair that other players around the county get a crack at it too?  The likes of Poland may have been poor for his club this year, but many of our county players have been poor also!

mourne gael

jame's colgan has been asked and is taking up the offer. what's all this talk about simon poland he was not at the meeting at the canal court the first nite the panel of 44 or so meet ?
if somethings for you' it will not pass you by.....

downredblack

Quote from: mourne gael on September 27, 2007, 12:43:57 PM
jame's colgan has been asked and is taking up the offer. what's all this talk about simon poland he was not at the meeting at the canal court the first nite the panel of 44 or so meet ?

Tell us who was there ?