Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: cfclg on May 25, 2016, 03:06:04 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 25, 2016, 03:00:52 PM
Quote from: cfclg on May 25, 2016, 02:56:39 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2016, 02:46:18 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on May 25, 2016, 02:39:44 PM
In fairness to her she made a superb job of redeveloping Ravenhill and Windsor Park into top class modern stadiums. Maybe they didn't have neighbours who viewed stadium redevelopment as a way to line their pockets?
Delusional.

There may be people in the area around casement that are willing and want to move away from there. The project should have a fund to buy the houses at a very high price to help the people make their minds up. Its a bit like the way farmers are financed for land when a motorway is built through their land. At the end of the day maybe none of the residents will move no matter what the case but they need to be made a very handsome offer for their properties. I'd rather the GAA/project team just came out and said, look we need to buy up x houses around the stadium before we can proceed any further. Instead we're just going round in circles.

cfclg have you ever heard of a land grab for public projects?

Unless you have agreement from all home owners, which was clear from even last nights woeful programme there isnt, then it would be pretty much impossible to even have this as a viable option.

NAG, haven't heard of a land grab.

In theory can the residents just be put out of their homes?

If it is a public project they could be technically, but it is not a public project now.
My point is that if the Government wanted land to build a motorway it wouldnt matter what the farmer wanted for his land he would be paid the flat rate.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on May 25, 2016, 03:09:17 PM
Quote from: cfclg on May 25, 2016, 03:06:04 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 25, 2016, 03:00:52 PM
Quote from: cfclg on May 25, 2016, 02:56:39 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2016, 02:46:18 PM
In fairness to her she made a superb job of redeveloping Ravenhill and Windsor Park into top class modern stadiums. Maybe they didn't have neighbours who viewed stadium redevelopment as a way to line their pockets?
Delusional.

There may be people in the area around casement that are willing and want to move away from there. The project should have a fund to buy the houses at a very high price to help the people make their minds up. Its a bit like the way farmers are financed for land when a motorway is built through their land. At the end of the day maybe none of the residents will move no matter what the case but they need to be made a very handsome offer for their properties. I'd rather the GAA/project team just came out and said, look we need to buy up x houses around the stadium before we can proceed any further. Instead we're just going round in circles.

cfclg have you ever heard of a land grab for public projects?

Unless you have agreement from all home owners, which was clear from even last nights woeful programme there isnt, then it would be pretty much impossible to even have this as a viable option.

NAG, haven't heard of a land grab.

In theory can the residents just be put out of their homes?

If it is a public project they could be technically, but it is not a public project now.
My point is that if the Government wanted land to build a motorway it wouldnt matter what the farmer wanted for his land he would be paid the flat rate.

If the GAA were to go down the route of Compulsory purchase orders, which I think they can't then it would be bad work and something no one in the GAA should even associate themselves with.

Plan B is what?

paddyjohn

Shams V the Dall on tonight?

hurlingstick

Last I heard it's still on.

Na Glinntí Glasa

7.30 over in lgiel

Ive a free evening so this will do the job
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Unfortunately the handbrake wants to go to IKEA....

btdtgtt

The minister was no more responsible for the building of ravenhill & Windsor than she is to be blamed on casement.
She made it very clear at Belfast city hall that she had secured the money - and the rest was a GAA problem.
And in that she was entirely correct.

I wouldn't let her appearance of heavy north Belfast accent influence your judgement of her role - she did her bit - the GAA did not.

As for the comment in the residents - I thought we had long passed the notion that they are money grabbers? No evidence supports this. The residents are if anything victims of our GAA officials (pardon the pun) bull-dozing through planning procedures.
If they take a big price for their house - so be it. They don't have to and have indicated they are in favour of a smaller stadium and no house sale. That would make them pretty bad at money grabbing.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 25, 2016, 09:11:17 PM

The minister was no more responsible for the building of ravenhill & Windsor than she is to be blamed on casement.
She made it very clear at Belfast city hall that she had secured the money - and the rest was a GAA problem.

I wouldn't let her appearance of heavy north Belfast accent influence your judgement of her role - she did her bit - the GAA did not.

As for the comment in the residents - I thought we had long passed the notion that they are money grabbers? No evidence supports this. The residents are if anything victims of our GAA officials (pardon the pun) bull-dozing through planning procedures.
If they take a big price for their house - so be it. They don't have to and have indicated they are in favour of a smaller stadium and no house sale. That would make them pretty bad at money grabbing.

Btdtgtt

Was it not Nelson who secured the money for all three stadiums?

hurlingstick

That was an entertaining game at Loughiel tonight. Shamrocks looked like a different team from 2 weeks ago against Dunloy. Some big hits and plenty of off the ball stuff. Mark had his hands full. Shoulder to the chest needs outlawed immediately before someone is badly hurt/killed. Benny McCarry back and slowly getting his eye back in he scored a few beauts...class act.

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on May 25, 2016, 09:17:34 PM

Btdtgtt

Unsurprisingly the entire executive claimed credit. Nelson tried to pull the rug from the casement money claiming it had "expired". Ni chuilin succeeded in securing it beyond the initial timescale.
All not really my point - what I mean is that she is not [solely] responsible for casement being the disgrace it is. Her handling of the Scott / safety affair is there for criticism - but our own officials need to shoulder the blame on the was the Ulster rugby & IFA showed how it could be done with their stadia.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 25, 2016, 09:39:18 PM

Btdtgtt

Unsurprisingly the entire executive claimed credit. Nelson tried to pull the rug from the casement money claiming it had "expired". Ni chuilin succeeded in securing it beyond the initial timescale.
All not really my point - what I mean is that she is not responsible for casement being the disgrace it is.

I think you will find if you look into it that she is at the core of the whole debacle but sure she has no input to it now.

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on May 25, 2016, 09:41:49 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on May 25, 2016, 09:39:18 PM

Btdtgtt

All not really my point - what I mean is that she is not responsible for casement being the disgrace it is.

I think you will find if you look into it that she is at the core of the whole debacle but sure she has no input to it now.
Slight edit to my original there NAG.
I would beg to differ that she's the core problem - I attended a meeting at city hall when every GAA club & stakeholder in attendance would concede otherwise.
Her removal is due to ministerial changes - but yes political expediency all the same.

NAG1

Easy to take credit for things when you are preaching to the choir.

She was out of her depth and was found out even in the show last night look at her performance.

Neither here nor there now I suppose.

ardtole

Who is the new minister for sport?

Minder

Quote from: ardtole on May 25, 2016, 10:08:46 PM
Who is the new minister for sport?

DCAL doesent exist anymore, the "sport" bit of it is now dealt with by Department For Communites with Paul Givan DUP as new Minister
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"