Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 15, 2016, 09:53:34 AM
Just hurl like the oul days when a ref was optional. Players used to murder each other during a game, shake hands after the final whistle, have a feed of pints and make love to each other.

Id never any problems with that, though shaking hands while bloodied and swollen was always hard!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2016, 11:59:52 PM
Quote from: Brocky on May 14, 2016, 11:54:58 PM
Valid enough HS. I don't think it's just that either. The refs at times blow for little things that are probably frees but you do see the fouled player carrying on and then stopping as the ref blew it.
There is definitely a bit of both.
My ideal game is when you forget who the referee was and it's all about the hurling.
I think to progress to the proper intensity and speed of hurling this is something that has to change and it has to start with the refs.
Even talking to both teams before the game to set out what way they intend to referee the game.

Not a believer in telling teams how I'm refereeing it.... I blow for a foul I see and move on... I won't see every free nor will I keep everyone happy... If it flows its down to the teams... Worst thing that comes from players if a little melee happens... You caused that ref!! Ah feck off

MR2 That is the most relevant statement to the subject. The flow of the game, some refs are way to picky and whistle happy while others try to let it flow to much by letting obvious or even blatant frees go. Its very hard to strike a balance when some teams are more partial to the dark arts and some teams just want to hurl.
I think the ref standards in antrim are getting better and more aligned with the south and i think management and fans are understanding now  the guy in the middle wont see and get everything right. The worst ref performance I have seen this year was in Thurles and not Antrim
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Look we cant not have a ref.... Unfortunately he will not keep everyone happy though the winning team seem happy!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2016, 10:05:59 AM
Just hurl like the oul days when a ref was optional. Players used to murder each other during a game, shake hands after the final whistle, have a feed of pints and make love to each other.

Id never any problems with that, though shaking hands while bloodied and swollen was always hard!!

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Quote from: Exiled Ruairi on May 09, 2016, 03:18:55 PM
Just heard that the U21 Championship match between Ruairi Og and McQuillans is off tonight. Ballycastle have been trying to get it moved for over a week now, with the reason being that players were working away from home.

Any reason why that U21 game couldn't have been fixed for this weekend?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on May 15, 2016, 01:00:26 PM
Quote from: Exiled Ruairi on May 09, 2016, 03:18:55 PM
Just heard that the U21 Championship match between Ruairi Og and McQuillans is off tonight. Ballycastle have been trying to get it moved for over a week now, with the reason being that players were working away from home.

Antrim love in for today!! All roads lead to Brewster Park

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2016, 01:08:53 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 15, 2016, 01:00:26 PM

Antrim love in for today!! All roads lead to Brewster Park

.. makes total sense

Jesusjones

Under 21 game couldn't be fixed for today. We have a fella with a zero hours contract in McDonalds in Belfast. He was making Mc Flurrys today so match off.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on May 15, 2016, 12:26:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2016, 10:05:59 AM

ffnaarrr fffnnnaarrr
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

North Antrim (U18) Darragh Cup semi's last night

Dunloy beat Cushendall in a well contested game 3-23(ish) to 1-16(ish). Both teams had fine hurlers on display.

How'd the other semi go against Ballycastle & Naomh Padraig?

theskull1

Quote from: theskull1 on May 17, 2016, 09:42:44 AM
North Antrim (U18) Darragh Cup semi's last night

Dunloy beat Cushendall in a well contested game 3-23(ish) to 1-16(ish). Both teams had fine hurlers on display.

How'd the other semi go against Ballycastle & Naomh Padraig?

Cuchullains   3.23   v   1.17   Ruairi Og      
McQuillans           1.14   v   1.13   Naomh Padraig   

Milltown Row2

Played a South Antrim game last night!!! sore now but feck its great to strike a ball, tackle and get hit (weirdly)

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2016, 11:55:27 AM
Played a South Antrim game last night!!! sore now but feck its great to strike a ball, tackle and get hit (weirdly)

Hope you didnt give the referee any bad manners  ;D

Dualta Duane

MR2 - good to see a referee that plays a bit maith thu! but did you really strike a ball (cant count the warm up)  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dualta Duane on May 17, 2016, 12:17:20 PM
MR2 - good to see a referee that plays a bit maith thu! but did you really strike a ball (cant count the warm up)  ;D

Hey!! Managed few points too!! And I never said dickey bird to the ref!!