Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: johnneycool on May 23, 2016, 04:42:38 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 23, 2016, 04:06:38 PM
400 would do next to nothing in terms of ground work. add another 0 and double it and that will cover half a pitch!

I know theres talk of us draining the top half of the pitch, much similar to that what was done over the winter to the bottom half.

Verti draining is glorified spiking and sanding which we got quoted approximately £1.5K to get done on our pitch.

Proper digging up and re-draining is big bucks!

Yeah spot on JC. its a lot of money needed to do the real ground works, money that clubs just dont have to do the work.
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

From a very high level viewpoint I think your man Paul Scott called it right last night. Casement will only go ahead if they reduce the capacity to 15K or bulldoze some houses. That's it in a nutshell really. Feel a bit sorry for him I have to say.

btdtgtt

Quote from: cfclg on May 25, 2016, 12:05:55 PM
From a very high level viewpoint I think your man Paul Scott called it right last night. Casement will only go ahead if they reduce the capacity to 15K or bulldoze some houses. That's it in a nutshell really. Feel a bit sorry for him I have to say.

Well that's it in a nutshell yes - it's as simple as that - and always has been.
Although don't have too much sympathy for Scott - he's won't go short of a job or a few quid.

cfclg

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 25, 2016, 12:12:06 PM

Well that's it in a nutshell yes - it's as simple as that - and always has been.
Although don't have too much sympathy for Scott - he's won't go short of a job or a few quid.

I'm not big into my politics but your SF woman Carol came across as a big bully! Is this the way she conducts her business?

NAG1

Quote from: cfclg on May 25, 2016, 12:36:56 PM

I'm not big into my politics but your SF woman Carol came across as a big bully! Is this the way she conducts her business?

I think when you dont have much of a clue about things, this maybe the way some people cope, like a defence mechanism.

Na Glinntí Glasa

as much as i want casement built i totally got the view point of the health and safety. We cant get 38k people out of that area safely plain and simple. It cant be done.

The GAA are being niece if they just assume it will work. The purchasing of houses is actually a good idea but its one that wont work unless the people are consulted and want it to work. Clearly there is no desire from the local residents to do so. I dont blame them either for not wanting to move.

Where Casement is sited suited all them years ago. There was no motorway and build up of structures that exists in the modern west Belfast. Casement park simply put doesn't fit for what the GAA want to build. Its the age old phrase of trying to cram a square into a circle.

Theres two ways to deal with it - 1/build a smaller stadium & 2/move to another site and build the bigger stadium.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: NAG1 on May 25, 2016, 12:41:42 PM
Quote from: cfclg on May 25, 2016, 12:36:56 PM

I think when you dont have much of a clue about things, this maybe the way some people cope, like a defence mechanism.

Been told that myself from people who work in her dept. She hasnt a clue about the GAA nor any interest in it. I have no faith in her whatsoever to deliver so much as the post let alone a multi million pound stadium.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

In fairness to her she made a superb job of redeveloping Ravenhill and Windsor Park into top class modern stadiums. Maybe they didn't have neighbours who viewed stadium redevelopment as a way to line their pockets? 

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 25, 2016, 12:47:02 PM
as much as i want casement built i totally got the view point of the health and safety. We cant get 38k people out of that area safely plain and simple. It cant be done.

The GAA are being niece if they just assume it will work. The purchasing of houses is actually a good idea but its one that wont work unless the people are consulted and want it to work. Clearly there is no desire from the local residents to do so. I dont blame them either for not wanting to move.

Where Casement is sited suited all them years ago. There was no motorway and build up of structures that exists in the modern west Belfast. Casement park simply put doesn't fit for what the GAA want to build. Its the age old phrase of trying to cram a square into a circle.

Theres two ways to deal with it - 1/build a smaller stadium & 2/move to another site and build the bigger stadium.

Yes I don't know why people think the scenario is a complicated one.
Built a small stadium - or buy houses if you want a bigger one.
Another location is a non-runner.
Government money and infrastructure dictate Belfast - along with the connotations of leaving a large city without a central GAA presence.

theskull1

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 25, 2016, 02:39:44 PM
In fairness to her she made a superb job of redeveloping Ravenhill and Windsor Park into top class modern stadiums. Maybe they didn't have neighbours who viewed stadium redevelopment as a way to line their pockets?

You said that like that was a truth and the only truth in this sorry poorly handled drama.

Just lower the blades on those who have a justified right to be miffed at how theyve been treated by those that want what they want regardless whether there are serious negative affects on others to be considered or not. 

From the 'get her built gang' JJ?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Is Carol out of a job in the new NI exec?

Maybe Nelson McCausland will get the job done!!

NAG1

Not even going to get into your second point JJ but even the first one was a face palm moment.

cfclg

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2016, 02:46:18 PM
Delusional.

There may be people in the area around casement that are willing and want to move away from there. The project should have a fund to buy the houses at a very high price to help the people make their minds up. Its a bit like the way farmers are financed for land when a motorway is built through their land. At the end of the day maybe none of the residents will move no matter what the case but they need to be made a very handsome offer for their properties. I'd rather the GAA/project team just came out and said, look we need to buy up x houses around the stadium before we can proceed any further. Instead we're just going round in circles.

NAG1

Quote from: cfclg on May 25, 2016, 02:56:39 PM
Delusional.

There may be people in the area around casement that are willing and want to move away from there. The project should have a fund to buy the houses at a very high price to help the people make their minds up. Its a bit like the way farmers are financed for land when a motorway is built through their land. At the end of the day maybe none of the residents will move no matter what the case but they need to be made a very handsome offer for their properties. I'd rather the GAA/project team just came out and said, look we need to buy up x houses around the stadium before we can proceed any further. Instead we're just going round in circles.

cfclg have you ever heard of a land grab for public projects?

Unless you have agreement from all home owners, which was clear from even last nights woeful programme there isnt, then it would be pretty much impossible to even have this as a viable option.

cfclg

Quote from: NAG1 on May 25, 2016, 03:00:52 PM
Quote from: cfclg on May 25, 2016, 02:56:39 PM
Delusional.

cfclg have you ever heard of a land grab for public projects?

Unless you have agreement from all home owners, which was clear from even last nights woeful programme there isnt, then it would be pretty much impossible to even have this as a viable option.

NAG, haven't heard of a land grab.

In theory can the residents just be put out of their homes?