Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Some performance enjoyed the game. Played with great passion. Sarsfields didn't look up to much especially at the back, though you can only bate what's in front of you. Nothing won yet though. Good confidence booster all the same. Never let up,  only real slip was the goal from the 65.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 06, 2016, 03:19:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 06, 2016, 03:15:53 PM
They do look poor. Conditions terrible. Ryan mccambridge is a fantastic defender.
Dall trained hard. Some of the Galway lads still look like they've mince pies still on them.

I thought they looked like a very light team. Southern teams usually are more physical.

Be a tough final but anything can happen.

Seamroga in exile

Congratulations to Cushendall. Well deserved victory. Big McCambridge ran the show in defence and was well deserved man of the match. McAfee up front looked a threat every time he got the ball to hand. As has been said sarsfields were poor. Maybe they fell into "ah sure it's only the ulster champions " quagmire and didn't give the dall the attention in the build up they deserved. They wouldn't be the first team to do so.

Now to convince the other half that a trip to Dublin on paddys day is a great idea.  ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Few points, Cushendall missed a hatful of easy scores, conditions and nerves obviously played a part on that, still some wrong shot/pass selections regardless of the conditions, so plenty for Cushendall to improve on so that's a bug bonus going into the final!!

Were Sarsfields that poor or did Cushendall not allow them any room? Will work well for them as the second game was played in better weather and pitch so it was always going to look a better game, NP nearly blew their chance and bar the county boys (who are great hurlers, but went missing for good bits) the rest of team are just club standard hurlers...

Cushendall will go in again as under dogs but with NP beaten by Loughgiel one year they wont be taking the Dall easily..

Be a good night the Luirg
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 06, 2016, 04:23:16 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 06, 2016, 03:19:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 06, 2016, 03:15:53 PM
They do look poor. Conditions terrible. Ryan mccambridge is a fantastic defender.
Dall trained hard. Some of the Galway lads still look like they've mince pies still on them.

I thought they looked like a very light team. Southern teams usually are more physical.

Be a tough final but anything can happen.
Heard a  galway fella in front of me saying " they're a typical Northern team, not great hurlers just very physical" What a balloon!  Ruairi's abu!

keep her low this half

Cushendall were the better team throughout and thoroughly deserved the win. Na Piarsaigh were decent in the second match but far from unbeatable. The big lad breen at centre forward is very good and will take some watching. All to play for on Paddys day but if the Dall can play with the control they showed today they will do well.

imtommygunn

Has graffin always worn that much of a strapping on the knee or did he hurt it again?

Lm usual patronising shite you hear at those games. Our teams are not near physical enough at times so how someone reckons northern teams are too physical I don't know.

johnneycool

Only one team in it, the Dall were far superior in all facets of the game, well done.

For once they 're playing as a team and reaping the rewards.

Hope they give St Patricks day a good rattle.

Last Man

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 06, 2016, 06:42:08 PM
Has graffin always worn that much of a strapping on the knee or did he hurt it again?

Lm usual patronising shite you hear at those games. Our teams are not near physical enough at times so how someone reckons northern teams are too physical I don't know.
If I had dilocated my knee I'd be inclined to wear a good support as much for mental comfort as anything else. Conditions today were similar to the Laois match as well. He's a fella that likes to be prepared i believe.

north_antrim_hound

just back from match well done to the Dall, good luck on the 17th
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

ardtole

Campbell must have run McCambridge close for man of the match, both were outstanding for Cushendall. Not sure who no.12 was but he was on fire particulary first 10-15 mins of second half.

MoChara

Great match, the dall showed strength in depth and leaders all over the park beyond the usual which is always a good sign

Tony Baloney

McManus unlikely to get away with those misses in the final but the Dall back line like a wall today.

Megaman

Great to finally get over that line, sarsfields where poor today but nobody in Cushendall cares about that, we had great performances over the field today and we where deserved easy winners. Next dAy will be a different story but will tackle that hurdle when it comes.

Up the Ruairi's!!!!!!

Sleeping giant

First of.  Well done, and to answer that question.   Yes.   They were that bad.  Cdall weren't amazing.   that's the facts of the matter.  A shocking bad team.   Never ever in doubt. Never once looked like being beat.   And hand on heart am struggling to remember any team ever getting it as easy to an all Ireland.  Just hope that doesn't screw them in the end.    For me  mc cambridge and Campbell were out standing.   Mc Afee and mc gill done all the work up top when Neill went missing.  And that was fairly often.  1-07 and all the headlines.   But poor in my book.  These are all opinions.   Like it or not.    Paddys day will require the big names to stand up.  And for me.  None of them done it today.   That for Cdall is a great thing.   All infont of them.  Good luck to them.     
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.