Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

cant see rossa winning tonight, fancy Loughgiel win handy.
hurl like f**k boi!

BigSmoke123

Have noticed that young paddy burke hasn't be lining out for cushendall this year, what has happen to him?

Two Hands FFS

Maybe injured??..seen him recently and he's carrying abit too much timber.

johnneycool

Ports and Crans securing Div1 status early by the looks of it!!

We made hard work of the Gorts last night, not really firing on all cylinders as yet, but enough to secure Div2 status till the real action begins next year!

Na Glinntí Glasa

ballycran have played all 3 of their opening games at home, be interesting to see how they fare away from home.

League formats weird this year,  in June we have 5 home games in a row! never seen that happen before
hurl like f**k boi!

Bonamargy

Quote from: johnneycool on April 23, 2015, 04:00:52 PM

We made hard work of the Gorts last night, not really firing on all cylinders as yet, but enough to secure Div2 status till the real action begins next year!

Securing division one or two status with 6 points??? How many points did Ballygalget and Sarsfields get relegated with last year? In an eighteen game league I can't see 6 points staying up.

Seamroga in exile

Shamrocks 3-11 rossa 1-11
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 23, 2015, 09:42:04 PM
Close enough SiE?
Aye. Difficult for both teams. There was serious fog. We did enough to win, happy enough.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

that fog came in shocking quick last night in Lgiel. It didnt make it that the game couldnt be played though.

time to break out orange hurling balls lol
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Bonamargy on April 23, 2015, 04:50:24 PM

Securing division one or two status with 6 points??? How many points did Ballygalget and Sarsfields get relegated with last year? In an eighteen game league I can't see 6 points staying up.

Well its looking like Clooney Gaels and another to go down. Neither have played Clooney yet and they'd both be confident of getting points from St Galls and Rossa based on current form.

Hard to see either the Ports or Crans getting relegated now IMO.

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on April 24, 2015, 08:55:34 AM

Well its looking like Clooney Gaels and another to go down. Neither have played Clooney yet and they'd both be confident of getting points from St Galls and Rossa based on current form.

I would be thinking Clooney will be sure to go down - and I think St Galls will join them after losing to Rossa already. Shocks against big teams are less likely now IMO.

Forgive me - but did we confirm 2 down and none promoted?
Not that it matter when we'll change again as quick!

Na Glinntí Glasa

from watching them against us on wednesday night i get the feeling they wont pick up many points. We never really pulled out of second gear agaisnt them. Our passing pulled them all over the place at stages and whilst the score line doesnt really suggest we were all over them we were. The majority of their scores came from frees, 5 i think in total.

They have some decent hurlers and are a big physical side but lack the experience to win the games at this level.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 24, 2015, 10:04:31 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 24, 2015, 08:55:34 AM

I would be thinking Clooney will be sure to go down - and I think St Galls will join them after losing to Rossa already. Shocks against big teams are less likely now IMO.

Forgive me - but did we confirm 2 down and none promoted?
Not that it matter when we'll change again as quick!

Yes, I think its been confirmed to all clubs that there'll be two going down with no promotion out of Div2 this year.

doodaa

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 24, 2015, 08:40:20 AM
that fog came in shocking quick last night in Lgiel. It didnt make it that the game couldnt be played though.

time to break out orange hurling balls lol

Game was over by the time the fog came in, Rossa didn't look like troubling the Shams at all tbh and the scoreline doesn't really reflect Loughgiels hold on the game.
Who's the Nr 13 for Loughgiel? Very sharp, good touch but maybe lacking a bit with the striking at the minute.

Best (and fairest) hit ive same in a long time when the Loughgiel 26 got emptied. It hurt even watching it!