NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

The Saw Doctors werent wrong

Farrandeelin

In terms of the league it's a big game for Mayo today and there are a couple of players who would need to pull their socks up a right bit. Hopefully our bench will be used to good effect like last week, but there won't be too much of a hill to climb. Reason why I say it's a big game is because it's Dublin im two weeks time and they will be going all guns blazing to beat us. Safe travels to all travelling today.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Donegal 2-7 Kildare 1-4 at the half

Murphy off injured

Kildare with the wind for second half

Farrandeelin

Monaghan 1-9 Mayo 1-8. Midway second half.

Farrandeelin

Mayo 2-10 Monaghan 1-11 full time.

Schkite

Sickener for Monaghan to lose that, had plenty of chances to keep the scoreboard moving, in the first half especially, but we were incredibly wasteful - just like against Tyrone but in much better conditions today. Could well be crucial in what will be a tight league.

J70

Donegal heading for defeat the way things are going. Still three ahead, but have only scored a point in the second half while Kildare are hitting some bad wides.

J70

Meanwhile, Donegal manage to see it out 2-11 to 1-9.

Quick 2-2 before half time and three late points in the last five do the trick.

Wildweasel74

Monaghan and Mayo playing in the dark on the rte highlights here.

GAABoardMod5

Moved Armagh/Tyrone post-game posts to its own thread. 

As a lot of posters are from/support either Armagh or Tyrone, their respective league games from now on should have separate threads.

Post away on the rest of the Div 1 games here.

timmyot501

First half of Monaghan v Mayo was a good watch.  Both teams played well.  Monaghan probably missed too much and should have been further ahead than the one point at the break.  The injury to Mcloughlin did sour the thing a bit and I hope he is back again soon.  The second half was a bit scrappier.  The second Mayo goal saw them home but Monaghan again had enough chances to at least get a draw but again the shooting boots went missing.

Main Street

Why was the Monaghan Mayo game not on Gaago?  The cameras were there as well as a proper commentator and there was a live feed going to the studio.

highorlow

QuoteWhy was the Monaghan Mayo game not on Gaago?  The cameras were there as well as a proper commentator and there was a live feed going to the studio.

Kinda glad it wasn't in the end, the commentary on Midwest was hilarious, the older Martin Carney is getting the odder his spakes are, he was brilliant.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

FearAnFhírinne

Quote from: highorlow on February 07, 2022, 11:55:42 PM
QuoteWhy was the Monaghan Mayo game not on Gaago?  The cameras were there as well as a proper commentator and there was a live feed going to the studio.

Kinda glad it wasn't in the end, the commentary on Midwest was hilarious, the older Martin Carney is getting the odder his spakes are, he was brilliant.
The reference to the Monaghan shot being like a North Korean Missile and the fat man, with Michael D adding that if the fat man was listening in from North Korea that he hoped he was enjoying their commentary was gold I thought.

Captain Scarlet

Putting on live broadcast quality tv is expensive but like during Covid it was covered and you could pay for matches.
Like giving around 90 seconds of a report on Donegal v Kildare and then zero analysis is not good enough.
Surely they can work again with the local lads and have a live comms and allow people watch it back.

Make use of the streaming and people would pay. Like on a Sunday I had a family thing and we all checking Twitter when we would have gladly paid a tenner to watch it.

I am afraid to mention this as the mods have moved it, but if Tyrone are down the 4 lads that is as good a chance as any to get more points on the board.

Normally you'd say Armagh are peaking too soon but the season is tight so they might have the right idea. In game two Kerry and Dublin weren't messing around either so, weather permitting, the next round of games should settle a bit.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.