Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: groundlie on June 21, 2021, 01:21:07 PM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on June 21, 2021, 10:46:06 AM
I cant understand why Gaelfast sent a coach into a primary school which is a feeder school for a hurling only club, to coach football. Very poor communication.

I hope that Gaelfast is not going to implode but I think this needs to be managed properly to have each club catered for their needs and not seen as jobs for the boys.

If managed correctly Gaelfast can be a success but needs everyone singing off the same hymnsheet and communications established between all parties.

Its obvious Covid has thrown a spanner in the works but as we return to some sort of normality hopefully it can get on the road that it was intended to do.

I honestly thought gaelfast would have several bright, vibrant and exciting initiatives to reignite games in the county but it seems to be completely falling apart. Its very sad.

Have you looked at the Gaelfast facebook page . There is plenty of good work going on at primary school level. The coaches also deliver coaching support & qualifications . They are heavily involved in dev squads.

Re  football in a hurling area - Do the pupils not have the option of  playing football in school  for 6 weeks.What harm is there in that ?.

ciaran1988

If clubs are tied on points in the league this year, is points difference the decider or head to head?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ciaran1988 on June 22, 2021, 07:26:23 PM
If clubs are tied on points in the league this year, is points difference the decider or head to head?

1st v 8th
2nd v 7th
3rd v 6th
4th v 5th

not sure if its for and against or head to head results

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: delgany on June 21, 2021, 05:03:24 PM
Quote from: groundlie on June 21, 2021, 01:21:07 PM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on June 21, 2021, 10:46:06 AM
I cant understand why Gaelfast sent a coach into a primary school which is a feeder school for a hurling only club, to coach football. Very poor communication.

I hope that Gaelfast is not going to implode but I think this needs to be managed properly to have each club catered for their needs and not seen as jobs for the boys.

If managed correctly Gaelfast can be a success but needs everyone singing off the same hymnsheet and communications established between all parties.

Its obvious Covid has thrown a spanner in the works but as we return to some sort of normality hopefully it can get on the road that it was intended to do.

I honestly thought gaelfast would have several bright, vibrant and exciting initiatives to reignite games in the county but it seems to be completely falling apart. Its very sad.

Have you looked at the Gaelfast facebook page . There is plenty of good work going on at primary school level. The coaches also deliver coaching support & qualifications . They are heavily involved in dev squads.

Re  football in a hurling area - Do the pupils not have the option of  playing football in school  for 6 weeks.What harm is there in that ?.

Most of the pupils have probably never heard of hurling or gaelic football and Id say neither have many of the parents.

There is no facility for football outside the school as it's difficult enough trying to get an underage hurling structure underway, especially when its a small hurling club so having a Gaelfast coach demonstrating football is a waste of time and money.

Im well aware of the qualifications of the Gaelfast coaches. Woody is still travelling around primary schools in N Antrim and he is a brilliant coach. Unfortunately his remit does not extend to the catchment schools of our club.

Baile an tuaigh

If you were willing to commit and coach kids it actually can be very rewarding for both weans and coaches. Obviously if you have your own youngsters involved it comes much easier.

I think to be a successful coach you need to be 1) very good with children be very creative 2) go in with a very good plan

It dose no harm either to do a few on line coaching seminars. The likes of Martin Fogarty runs them every so often and there very beneficial.

Just an example some of the kids i coach had trouble soloing
the sliotar and you could see it was effecting their confidence. Now we simply replaced the sliotar with a bean bag which they could all manage with very little difficulty.

Not a bad idea to take kids on a day trip to see a big match in Croke Park. You would be hopeful that by planting a little seed in their mind that they would want to play there to some day.

Also ask for feed back from players and parents so you can improve each training session. Maybe bring in a County player or coach to run a few drills for a treat.

As long as their having a good time you would be telling them to bring a friend the next day. I even buy the kids their own hu t l and sliotar and give them homework like roll lifting, jab lifting using the wall for a couple of hundred pucks of your left and right. I actually enjoy coaching its like your a kid again.

north_antrim_hound

Good luck to our senior squad v Dublin. Go get em lads
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

ciaran1988

Antrim team named

1. Ryan Elliott
2. Damon McMullan
3. Gerard Walsh
4. Stephen Rooney
5. Eoghan Campbell
6. Paddy Burke
7. Joe Maskey
8. Keenan Molloy
9. Mick Bradley
10. Niall McKenna
11. James McNaughton
12. Coby Cunning
13. Seann Elliott
14. Neil McManus
15. Ciaran Clarke

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ciaran1988 on June 25, 2021, 09:56:42 PM
Antrim team named

1. Ryan Elliott
2. Damon McMullan
3. Gerard Walsh
4. Stephen Rooney
5. Eoghan Campbell
6. Paddy Burke
7. Joe Maskey
8. Keenan Molloy
9. Mick Bradley
10. Niall McKenna
11. James McNaughton
12. Coby Cunning
13. Seann Elliott
14. Neil McManus
15. Ciaran Clarke

And with plenty more on the bench to inject pace and strength that's as good as we'll be able to put out! 

Will be looking forward to this game!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile an tuaigh

This is probably one of our best teams in years. Were strong all over the field and have a very good bench to come on. Not alot between these two teams but hopefully we get the rub of the green tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

Tormund

Its a really strong team, looking forward to the game!
C'mon the saffs!

Milltown Row2

Very cagy opening, Dublin elected to play against the wind, it looks like a 6 point wind, McManus playing with 4 along the half forward line means the full forwards playing off scraps!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Every long puck out we are losing it!

Losing out on the rucks also

Now Dublin finding their players easily

We need a goal to get going

Baile an tuaigh

Dublin backs well on top just the same as the league game. We need to change the forward line.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 26, 2021, 03:27:59 PM
Dublin backs well on top just the same as the league game. We need to change the forward line.

It's poor ball in, change now though

Baile an tuaigh

All over very disappointing.