China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

armaghniac

Quote from: sid waddell on December 04, 2021, 01:33:39 PM
The total population - which is the only figure that matters.

The adult population figure is strictly for media consumption.

The total population figure is the only thing that matters for spread.
The adult figure does affect the proportion likely to end up in hospital or dead.
The ROI has a pretty decent adult figure, but they haven't done the teenagers as well as Spain and Portugal, who have fully vaccinated 80%+ of the population.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sid waddell

Quote from: armaghniac on December 04, 2021, 01:49:04 PM

The adult figure does affect the proportion likely to end up in hospital or dead.
The ROI has a pretty decent adult figure, but they haven't done the teenagers as well as Spain and Portugal, who have fully vaccinated 80%+ of the population.
Everything flows from cases. So you need to be looking at as high a total population vaccine take up as possible.

Now obviously it's essential that your most at risk groups, ie. the elderly, have as close to 100% take up as possible. But if you have an unvaccinated cohort of any age driving spread it will leak into the most at risk groups, and some of them will be unlucky.

It doesn't matter a jot if that driver is the 18-24 year olds or the 5-11 year olds.

sid waddell

Quote from: Thastheball on December 04, 2021, 02:22:24 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on December 04, 2021, 01:46:07 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on December 04, 2021, 12:15:27 PM
Martin Neil Professor at Queen Mary University London

https://twitter.com/MartinNeil9/status/1466814347762671628?t=ReIXOjXKU44AlhuzPiEcvA&s=19
Congratulations on finding an English equivalent of Dolores Cahill.

Your not really interested in anything other than your narrative. Knock yourself out. Meanwhile the republic, 92% vaccination and covid numbers increasing daily, its the unvaccinated are the problem in your head. 😂😂

Did anyone let u into the big secret, vaccinated people are contagious as well. That must mess your head up
I'm not interested in the idiotic ramblings of a crackpot who works in a non-medical or scientific field and who very much comes across as if he believes in lizard people.

Thanks for linking to it anyway.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: armaghniac on December 04, 2021, 01:49:04 PM

More than decent and we aren't going to get many more vaccinated unless under 12s are vaccinated which is unlikey. As you said adult population the most important as those are the ones most likely to end up sick.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Thastheball on December 04, 2021, 05:28:52 PM
Adult population? The average age of death is 82. Their vaccinated along time ago. I look forward to the outcome of a court case being taken against Swan, vaccinating teenagers when the government were advised not to but proceeded against that advice

I don't think people are being forced to being vaccinated, and never should be
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

cant see why any healthy teenager should be vaccinated - but its each to their own for me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2021, 05:46:39 PM
cant see why any healthy teenager should be vaccinated - but its each to their own for me

No, as long as they don't pass it on to an elderly relative or someone who's got underlying conditions.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Thastheball on December 04, 2021, 05:52:19 PM
So what do you think the covid password role out across multiple countries is about. It's certainly not about protecting people from Covid. The south being a prime example. 92% vaccinated, covid passports and covid cases v high.

But hey, its the unvaccinated 😂😂😂

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 05:50:02 PM

What was the point of getting the eldery vaccinated then. Is the vaccine not doing its job?
No, as long as they don't pass it on to an elderly relative or someone who's got underlying conditions.

You seem to be happy about something with all the smiles.

But hey whatever floats your boat.

We are fully vaccinated and haven't caught Covid, I can only go with that personal experience and wouldn't like to take that chance.

Would you rather no attempt to reduce the deaths and just let her rip?

PadraicHenryPearse

So what do you think the covid password role out across multiple countries is about. It's certainly not about protecting people from Covid. The south being a prime example. 92% vaccinated, covid passports and covid cases v high.

No, as long as they don't pass it on to an elderly relative or someone who's got underlying
conditions.

What was the point of getting the eldery vaccinated then. Is the vaccine not doing its job?

you tell us why covid passposts are in use? and while you are at it tell us why numbers increase when restrictions are eased? no need to refer to vaccinated or unvaccinated in the answer to the 2nd question

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

But if they are double jabbed and boostered.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2021, 06:44:34 PM

If

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 08:35:42 PM

If

Personal risk, and for me it's the elders who need to take personal responsibility in this case. My parents wouldn't even think of refusing having the grandwains down because they aren't vaccined and that's because they are, nor have I heard many others say that

From the Bunker

Them Unvaxxed the scourge of the new normal! Depending on their own immune system? We can't have any of that!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2021, 08:40:35 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 08:35:42 PM

If

Personal risk, and for me it's the elders who need to take personal responsibility in this case. My parents wouldn't even think of refusing having the grandwains down because they aren't vaccined and that's because they are, nor have I heard many others say that

I know one family personally, the son caught it in England, brought it back, both parents died, he died few weeks later. Them's the breaks I suppose...