Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speculative

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 26, 2016, 10:47:23 PM
If it's personal abuse to say the county executive and highly paid secretary are inept then you should contact 99% of down supporters because everyone is saying the same. Years of mismanagement, years of ineptitude. Down are years behind the top teams in Ulster never mind Ireland. Everyone knows the stories of people and companies not being paid, we are complete laughing stock. These are the same people that overseen the burrenbridge fiasco!!! :(

Nailed it!!

AS

Quote from: The Down Way on June 30, 2016, 08:09:13 AM
Quote from: PaudieSull1 on June 29, 2016, 11:28:22 PM
Eamonn Burns may not be the greatest manager but at least he isn't ripping off the county unlike some other managers

I suppose that really is The Down Way, summed up in one sentence. Let's get rid of a man who, against all the odds, got us to Divison 1, because he wasn't providing value for money. It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it?
Is Sean og providing value for money? Or could his salary be put to better use within the county?
Maybe we could cut a few more corners, do the players really need fed after training, could they not use public transport to and from games? Maybe they should bring their own water. Tap water would be better for them anyway.

The people who ran up the debt are responsible for it, let them sort it. They were reckless with our finances. Does our county secretaries remit not cover finance or is his salary his only concern?

#SackChuckyNed
So Business isn't too good at the minute?

super reds 99

A bit quiet on here today schools most off finished 😉😉😉

Smurfy123

Yeah I'd say MUST schools are finished now

cut the crap

To all the nodding dogs , the puppets and the supporters of the Burrenbridge brigade, this is my suggestion of the way forward with our finances because if we can sort this subject out we maybe able to pay our bills on time and every time and propress the notion of a centre of excellence.
Firstly to take a step forward we have to realise where we are and why we got here.
When the Burrenbridge brigade decided to go of on a solo without the backing of the full county board and the support of Croke Park (this is key),they acted as if they were property moguls which they certainly werent and their inexperience in dealing with this type of deal ultimately lead us to losing 550k, coupled with the fact that 2 possibly 3 of them had failed in business, therefore in all probability they were never going to succeed, they were well intentioned but clueless .
But where you are now asking did the other 1million of debt come from, ah for that answer you would need a forensic accountant to examine the finances of Pairc Esler , i for one like many others paid a monthly amount for 5 yrs, no big deal but there were many who questioned where this money and the money of the club down then went, im not suggesting any skull duggery but more of mis management of resources.
So the men in charge suddenly needed a few bob to finish the job, in steps Croke Park and hey presto we get the job done, oh and Newry Shamrocks own the fecking thing, side issue.
Now back to Burrenbridge where we handed over a non refundable deposit of 425k ,and then threw125k in fees at it,back to Croke Park who knew nothing of what was going on and were not a bit pleased, so much so that we now pay 10k a month for the next 20yrs to Croke Park, but according to Sean og i mmean the executive we have a good deal, eh no we dont by my maths we will be paying 2.4miliion back how the f  k is that a good deal, our association made 56million profit  last year,so the answer is quite simple we as members ask for the loan to be interest free , we extend the term to 100yrs , paying 15k back a year not 120k , we can then begin to invest in our youth,and our training facilities and breathe a little.Now to succeed in a debt restructuring like this we need hard nosed business people skilled in the art of restructuring debt.
I know there are people reading this saying 100yrs catch yourself on but if we went to Croke park and told them this is it take it or leave, they cant kick us out, its either give us the money or accept the request , so there you have it.

interested

Quote from: cut the crap on June 30, 2016, 10:22:05 PM
To all the nodding dogs , the puppets and the supporters of the Burrenbridge brigade, this is my suggestion of the way forward with our finances because if we can sort this subject out we maybe able to pay our bills on time and every time and propress the notion of a centre of excellence.
Firstly to take a step forward we have to realise where we are and why we got here.
When the Burrenbridge brigade decided to go of on a solo without the backing of the full county board and the support of Croke Park (this is key),they acted as if they were property moguls which they certainly werent and their inexperience in dealing with this type of deal ultimately lead us to losing 550k, coupled with the fact that 2 possibly 3 of them had failed in business, therefore in all probability they were never going to succeed, they were well intentioned but clueless .
But where you are now asking did the other 1million of debt come from, ah for that answer you would need a forensic accountant to examine the finances of Pairc Esler , i for one like many others paid a monthly amount for 5 yrs, no big deal but there were many who questioned where this money and the money of the club down then went, im not suggesting any skull duggery but more of mis management of resources.
So the men in charge suddenly needed a few bob to finish the job, in steps Croke Park and hey presto we get the job done, oh and Newry Shamrocks own the fecking thing, side issue.
Now back to Burrenbridge where we handed over a non refundable deposit of 425k ,and then threw125k in fees at it,back to Croke Park who knew nothing of what was going on and were not a bit pleased, so much so that we now pay 10k a month for the next 20yrs to Croke Park, but according to Sean og i mmean the executive we have a good deal, eh no we dont by my maths we will be paying 2.4miliion back how the f  k is that a good deal, our association made 56million profit  last year,so the answer is quite simple we as members ask for the loan to be interest free , we extend the term to 100yrs , paying 15k back a year not 120k , we can then begin to invest in our youth,and our training facilities and breathe a little.Now to succeed in a debt restructuring like this we need hard nosed business people skilled in the art of restructuring debt.
I know there are people reading this saying 100yrs catch yourself on but if we went to Croke park and told them this is it take it or leave, they cant kick us out, its either give us the money or accept the request , so there you have it.
Some good points there,would Croke Park buy that and indeed would Down push this?

PaudieSull1

Seriously do you think Croke Park would entertain that proposal???? Seriously you have a hell of a lot to learn about Croke Park and how they operate......don't pay them back then they simply withhold the grants for development squads, national league gate receipts etc etc.....I thought you would come up with some serious ideas and proposals rather than pie in the sky stuff.....as for nodding dogs I could have sworn a man central to the Burrenbridge fiasco was given a special award by the East Down clubs a couple of years ago.......so maybe the clubs need to reflect a bit on their actions .....

Whether we like it or not Croke Park is now a business run by people more akin to civil servants and our room for manoeuvre is extremely limited whether we like it or not.....easy to spout on a discussion board but the cold reality is very very different.....

As for players expenses and things like that, I can assure you that is problem throughout Ireland and confined to Down, far from it....main reason is cash flow for counties hence the GPA proposal that all player gear and expenses be managed centrally from Croke Park as they are the ones with the regular and consistent cash flow.....believe other counties such as Derry, Armagh, Mayo among others are all facing the same challenges....Roscommon, Kildare, Mayo have all restructured their finances with Croke Park support in recent years so let's stop making this out to be a problem that is confined to Down, far from it

cut the crap

I agree with you Paudi on several points and maybe my proposal is pie in the sky but it is only a proposal, I've heard no other alternatives put on here , OK the damage is done we are all in agreement with that, it's how we fix it, it's obvious there is opposition to the removal of certain individuals and it will take time to dis lodge them , however in the interim we have to get this burden of paying 10k per month to Croke Park reduced, I'm not for one second saying we shirk from our responsibilities but we have to go to them with a feasible plan, otherwise we face financial ruin, with our monthly draw unable to pay the prizes out it will be a hard sell next year with all the adverse publicity flying about,payment of expenses may be taken out of our hands but to centralise this may be problematic.
So two suggestions
1.Set up a small sub committee tasked to go to Croke Park to get a new deal, these men are not to be members of the executive and that includes Sean og
2.The. day to day running of the counties finances be taken out if Sean og s hands as he clearly is unable to do the job
Any suggestions on who will go to Croke Park

Lecale Gael

Quote from: cut the crap on July 01, 2016, 08:15:00 AM
I agree with you Paudi on several points and maybe my proposal is pie in the sky but it is only a proposal, I've heard no other alternatives put on here , OK the damage is done we are all in agreement with that, it's how we fix it, it's obvious there is opposition to the removal of certain individuals and it will take time to dis lodge them , however in the interim we have to get this burden of paying 10k per month to Croke Park reduced, I'm not for one second saying we shirk from our responsibilities but we have to go to them with a feasible plan, otherwise we face financial ruin, with our monthly draw unable to pay the prizes out it will be a hard sell next year with all the adverse publicity flying about,payment of expenses may be taken out of our hands but to centralise this may be problematic.
So two suggestions
1.Set up a small sub committee tasked to go to Croke Park to get a new deal, these men are not to be members of the executive and that includes Sean og
2.The. day to day running of the counties finances be taken out if Sean og s hands as he clearly is unable to do the job
Any suggestions on who will go to Croke Park

cut the crap - you should be one of them.
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

rosskarr

The Town looking good in the League

Hedgehunter

What's going on with Bryansford?? They are on a shocking run...

SamFever

Quote from: Hedgehunter on July 01, 2016, 11:28:52 PM
Glenn holding their own also.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: SamFever on July 02, 2016, 10:18:44 AM
Destroyed the stone in the 1st half Lastnite.. 1-09 to 0-01 at HT..

Leftmidfield

Quote from: SamFever on July 02, 2016, 10:18:44 AM
The Point ended up reasonably comfortable winners v bryansford last night. Getting beat 8-6 @ ht. Playing with wind 2nd half. Conor Maginn got a black card after about 10 mins which made our job easier. Good win with a load of boys in the States

cut the crap

i will be amazed if anything of note comes out of next weeks county board meeting, no action on our swift exit of this years football championships, our hurling teams performance ,a mate of mine waiting on his winners cheque from the county draw(only 2 months waiting)and the unfair abuse our county secretarys getting.On the latter i would say it will get a mention after all its not all his fault the county is in the state it is and please no peace camps outside pairc esler.