All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Between 210 and 220 people have names down for tickets in Knockmore alone. It's gonna be a nightmare sorting out who gets what.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

blast05

Quote from: REDCOL on September 09, 2012, 03:15:07 PM
Ah thats ok then. Clubs can go out and raise another 2k for the county board for the opportunity to buy 40 more tickets they should of got in the first place, on top of the 7500 they have to give for the county draw and 8000 in affiliatons.

Yes, but reality is we are the most indebted county (board) in the country and if there is an opportunity to raise a few hundred grand in a multitude of different fundraisers between now and Xmas then that's what should be done.

Syferus

It's fierce kind of ye to send so many AI tickets to us Rossies in Ballagh, though.

RogerMilla

Quote from: Syferus on September 10, 2012, 12:01:54 AM
It's fierce kind of ye to send so many AI tickets to us Rossies in Ballagh, though.

as long as ye keep sending us top class players , we'll send ye top class tickets

Rossfan

I would hope that no true Rossie in Ballagh would touch one of those tickets. >:(
Leave the traitors to enjoy their lick arsin  :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Rossfan on September 10, 2012, 02:01:41 PM
I would hope that no true Rossie in Ballagh would touch one of those tickets. >:(
Got to feel sorry for roscommon, i think mayo have a great chance, in fact there best chance of AI ever, and if they do it, they have to bring sam through roscommon to get to mayo, God help ye, thank God i'll be 5000 miles away by that time, but on the other side if Donegal win jees would i be more than delighted to welcome them through my homeland of Cliffoney.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ballinaman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 10, 2012, 02:44:49 PM
Got to feel sorry for roscommon, i think mayo have a great chance, in fact there best chance of AI ever, and if they do it, they have to bring sam through roscommon to get to mayo, God help ye, thank God i'll be 5000 miles away by that time, but on the other side if Donegal win jees would i be more than delighted to welcome them through my homeland of Cliffoney.
Yep, it'll really take the good out of the AI when we're not welcomed across the Shannon..through Termonbarry..Strokestown...Tulsk...Ballinagare and Frenchpark. Sure there is no point even going up...we're in for disappointment win or lose. ::)

Rossfan

Quote from: ballinaman on September 10, 2012, 03:14:43 PM
Yep, it'll really take the good out of the AI when we're not welcomed across the Shannon..through Termonbarry..Strokestown...Tulsk...Ballinagare and Frenchpark. Sure there is no point even going up...we're in for disappointment win or lose. ::)
I expect ye'll be flying Sam to Knock if ye do the job ?
Anyway if ye do win and go home  by Road I won't be going out in the cowld to look at ye passing through over  the sacred soil.
I wonder could we get the Parades Commission form the 6 Cos. to give a ruling on this? ;D 
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on September 10, 2012, 03:14:43 PM

Western Gaels have been stockpiling traffic cones for the eventuality of a Mayo AI for years now. Best to buy some tracks for the team bus.

Farrandeelin

Good man Sligonian. I wouldn't really want Sligo to win Sam either. Oh wait 8)

southdown

Two very likeable sets of supporters so I don't care who wins, just hoping its as good as the hurling was on Sunday.

saffronandblue

Am I the only man in Mayo who is raging with our county board >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(.  Sure they are in financial trouble, all of their own making may I add, but to screw every parent, school, charity and club in the run up to the final is absurd.  I still don't know why the local and national media have not picked up on it.

Simple maths would show that Donegal County and it's clubs are going to receive far more tickets than Mayo???????  Is this fact or fiction or are the Mayo County Board playing silly beggars????  Either we get the same number of tickets as Donegal or we don't.  Donegal County Board have been very transparent with their ticket allocation.  In Mayo you would need the C.I.A. or should that be C.A.B. to investigate where all the tickets are going.  Is it 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, 11,000.......14,0000 tickets that they have been allocated.  How the hell do they expect Mayo G.A.A. folk to support them when they get screwed over at every opportunity. 

Donegal clubs now know where they stand with tickets.  At least they can inform those involved that they will or will not receive tickets this week.  People in my own club won't know until the end of next week.  Mayo clubs have to go off fundraising for the next 2 weeks and even then, they won't have a clue what their final allocation will be.  SHAME on the Mayo County Board...........you have let your people down rotten on this, as on other occasions......

Green and Red day in schools next Friday 2 euro per child..........instead of for a worthwhile charity............
Want an All Ireland ticket from your local club, where you have been a life long member, and have trained countless teams, then buy or sell 60 euros plus worth of tickets for what is really the county board to have the privilege of giving another 80 euro for a ticket.
Buy tickets in support of your local club only to find out that even the club was unaware that the money was going to go to the County Board........G** I could go on and on..........

Why all the secrecy.....are they ashamed of what they are doing or what they have done in the past???????

REDCOL

Cant ye go out in Knockmore and raise 2K for the County Board and buy 40 tickets for the privilege, if ye dont Ballina, Castlebar and Westport will get the tickets and they dont have to raise anything. Local Media wont expose this blatant screwing of the supporters for fear of being accused of disrupting team preparations. But the truth is Mayo Clubs will be getting it in the neck because the CB are holding back tickets to get every last cent out of supporters who are worried sick there wont be enough tickets.

Farrandeelin

We're trying to raise €2k in Knockmore...but sure it's ridiculous as if ballinaman's article proves to true that the top 5 in the county selling Co board tickets get an extra 50 each. €2k for an extra 40 tickets, and €2k for a corporate dinner as well. And that's alongside with buying the actual 50 tickets.