Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Or....has anyone used the Utd protests to have a go at Liverpool fans?!?! That would be well fcuked up 😂😂😂

laoislad

Sheedy back with the Liverpool bashing  ;D as predictable as ever, just can't help himself. Jesus though, quoting Carragher,Neville and Roy Keane as your defence of it ::) give me a break.
If anyone really thinks I'm outraged they really don't know me all that well..!
I think it's hilarious people are trying to pass this off as a peaceful protest though.
There was way more than just a few idiots.

The protest was originally probably a good idea,but it turned nasty pretty quickly. Anyone who thinks what happened today was the right way to go about things or applaud them as one gobshite said,is an idiot as far as I'm concerned.
And I'd say the same f**king thing if it was Liverpool fans today.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 02, 2021, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2021, 05:57:31 PM
Let's applaud the protests lads, sure it doesn't matter if someone almost loses an eye....
https://mobile.twitter.com/ManUtdReports/status/1388888066933370882
as Jamie carragher says there's always some who take it to far. But Liverpool fans already know that I'm sure. At a time when football fans should be together, Liverpool fans are trying to score points on utd fans.
Jamie carragher, Roy Keane and Gary neville all said they understand fans protests and frustrations but laoislad SHEEDY is outraged cos he doesn't like man utd Liverpool.
Has anyone seen any other fan base criticise utd fans protests today or is it just Liverpool fans?
Was there a team other than Liverpool due to play United today?

Boycey

I applaud that there was a big protest today.
I applaud that there was presence at Utd hotel.
I applaud that fans got into the ground
I applaud that they got the game called off.

Do I applaud some of the things that occurred, no definitely not. Was it a peaceful protest with trouble around the edges? Or a rabble looking for trouble? I know what I think and I'm happy enough with my opinion

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Boycey on May 02, 2021, 06:54:02 PM
I applaud that there was a big protest today.
I applaud that there was presence at Utd hotel.
I applaud that fans got into the ground
I applaud that they got the game called off.

Do I applaud some of the things that occurred, no definitely not. Was it a peaceful protest with trouble around the edges? Or a rabble looking for trouble? I know what I think and I'm happy enough with my opinion

Thankfully no attempted murder of the opposing team and bus driver by bricking the windows as has become the norm down the M62....

Boycey

You chase the point scoring StPats I'm not that arsed...

laoislad

tiempo

Be some shooting match if this happened in American sports, fans turning up locked and loaded, security the same, mayhem!

Hi, soccer is a corrupt pile of f**king shite with more than their fair share of moron fans, a good few on display today, f**k them.

As for Gary Neville, while he is capable of delivering a few salient points at times he really needs to drop the expert in the room routine, he's not the conscience of football, well mainly because it has no conscience

Más adelante!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_yG9qFwv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtzhvJh9NRY

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on May 02, 2021, 05:48:21 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2021, 05:36:50 PM
Game off because of the riots at Old Trafford.

"Riots"

😂😂
What would you call it? 

Early this afternoon, groups of protestors began to gather at Old Trafford and separately at The Lowry Hotel, Salford where the United players were staying. By late afternoon around 200 protestors had gathered outside the Lowry and over 1,000 at Old Trafford.

Officers continued to closely monitor the situation, engaging with those present but as the groups grew in size; it became clear that many of those present were not intending to exercise their right to peaceful protest. Flares were let off and bottles thrown at officers.

Protestors outside Old Trafford became especially aggressive and antagonistic towards police before a group of about 100 forced entry to the ground with some United staff having to lock themselves in rooms.

Those in the stadium were evicted by officers but outside on the forecourt hostility grew with bottles and barriers being thrown at officers and horses. Two officers have been injured with one officer being attacked with a bottle and sustaining a significant slash wound to his face, requiring emergency hospital treatment.

With the situation increasing in hostility, additional officers had to be deployed and officers had to be drawn in from neighbouring forces to assist Greater Manchester officers.

Following discussion with The Premier League, Trafford Council and the clubs, a joint decision was made to postpone the match for safety reasons.

GMP Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson said: "The behaviour displayed today by those at both Old Trafford and The Lowry Hotel was reckless and dangerous.

"We understand the passion many supporters have for their team and we fully respect the right for peaceful protest. Plans were in place to ensure this could happen safely, but it soon became clear that many present had no intention of doing so peacefully.

"The actions of those today required us to take officers from front line policing and call in support from neighbouring forces to prevent the disorder getting worse. At different points, bottles and barriers were thrown, officers assaulted and people scaled the stadium structure creating risk for themselves and officers

StPatsAbu

Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2021, 09:12:37 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 02, 2021, 05:48:21 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2021, 05:36:50 PM
Game off because of the riots at Old Trafford.

"Riots"

😂😂
What would you call it? 

Early this afternoon, groups of protestors began to gather at Old Trafford and separately at The Lowry Hotel, Salford where the United players were staying. By late afternoon around 200 protestors had gathered outside the Lowry and over 1,000 at Old Trafford.

Officers continued to closely monitor the situation, engaging with those present but as the groups grew in size; it became clear that many of those present were not intending to exercise their right to peaceful protest. Flares were let off and bottles thrown at officers.

Protestors outside Old Trafford became especially aggressive and antagonistic towards police before a group of about 100 forced entry to the ground with some United staff having to lock themselves in rooms.

Those in the stadium were evicted by officers but outside on the forecourt hostility grew with bottles and barriers being thrown at officers and horses. Two officers have been injured with one officer being attacked with a bottle and sustaining a significant slash wound to his face, requiring emergency hospital treatment.

With the situation increasing in hostility, additional officers had to be deployed and officers had to be drawn in from neighbouring forces to assist Greater Manchester officers.

Following discussion with The Premier League, Trafford Council and the clubs, a joint decision was made to postpone the match for safety reasons.

GMP Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson said: "The behaviour displayed today by those at both Old Trafford and The Lowry Hotel was reckless and dangerous.

"We understand the passion many supporters have for their team and we fully respect the right for peaceful protest. Plans were in place to ensure this could happen safely, but it soon became clear that many present had no intention of doing so peacefully.

"The actions of those today required us to take officers from front line policing and call in support from neighbouring forces to prevent the disorder getting worse. At different points, bottles and barriers were thrown, officers assaulted and people scaled the stadium structure creating risk for themselves and officers

Not a peep out of you when LFC fans bricked the windows of the Real Madrid coach. Funny that.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 02, 2021, 06:40:16 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 02, 2021, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 02, 2021, 05:57:31 PM
Let's applaud the protests lads, sure it doesn't matter if someone almost loses an eye....
https://mobile.twitter.com/ManUtdReports/status/1388888066933370882
as Jamie carragher says there's always some who take it to far. But Liverpool fans already know that I'm sure. At a time when football fans should be together, Liverpool fans are trying to score points on utd fans.
Jamie carragher, Roy Keane and Gary neville all said they understand fans protests and frustrations but laoislad SHEEDY is outraged cos he doesn't like man utd Liverpool.
Has anyone seen any other fan base criticise utd fans protests today or is it just Liverpool fans?
Was there a team other than Liverpool due to play United today?
no. Is that the right answer to a really stupid question?
nil satis nisi optimum

tiempo

Listening to some of the media outpourings... utter bollocks, no-one died, drop the sombre faux outrage, the uber staunch Neville etc had their spout and riled people up, as a consequence they took to the stadium today, the soccer fraternity needs to suck it up

screenexile

Ah it's grand lads nobody died so we're golden!

FFS! It's f**king bananas a load of stupid c***ts want one billionaire owner out to get another in and expect things will be done differently. As if they haven't spent as much money as anyone else on managers or players the last 10 years!

Typical United pretend they're the best fans in the world when they're winning then throw the toys out of the pram when they realise they aren't special and are just another club.

Horrible outfit.

snoopdog

Quote from: screenexile on May 03, 2021, 06:14:22 AM

FFS! It's f**king bananas a load of stupid c***ts want one billionaire owner out to get another in and expect things will be done differently. As if they haven't spent as much money as anyone else on managers or players the last 10 years!

Typical United pretend they're the best fans in the world when they're winning then throw the toys out of the pram when they realise they aren't special and are just another club.

Horrible outfit.
Before the Glazers buyout United didnt need a billionaire owner. They create enough finance on their own back to compete at the highest level. If you had a notion what you were talking about you might see that.  The Glazers bought the club with leveraged debt and havent paid it off. Theyve taken a billion out of the club in 16 years. They dont engage with fans. The fans have been demonstrating for 16 years. Some scenes yesterday were unacceptable. But the majority of fans were peaceful.  Glazers have no interest in football. Utd fans dont claim to be special and it doesnt mean more than other clubs

tiempo

Quote from: snoopdog on May 03, 2021, 09:46:34 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 03, 2021, 06:14:22 AM

Horrible outfit.
Before the Glazers buyout United didnt need a billionaire owner. They create enough finance on their own back to compete at the highest level. If you had a notion what you were talking about you might see that.  The Glazers bought the club with leveraged debt and havent paid it off. Theyve taken a billion out of the club in 16 years. They dont engage with fans. The fans have been demonstrating for 16 years. Some scenes yesterday were unacceptable. But the majority of fans were peaceful.  Glazers have no interest in football. Utd fans dont claim to be special and it doesnt mean more than other clubs

Tough f**king shit, did the Galzers put the club on the stock exchange, no, have they done anything illegal, no, does the club or sport governing body give one f**k about the supporters, no. Then again why should they, look at what the so called "supporters" (neanderthals) did yesterday.

MU is the same as every other club in the PL, a sports entertainment franchise. The Glazers own MU fair and square, its their perogative to f**k about with the finances as they see fit, they're 3000 miles away getting the balls sucked aff them while this cash cow continues to print money for them, they have no obligation to sell, for people to spout that, esp Baroness Neville herself is just absolutely pafetic.