Stephen Cluxton

Started by Tommo2, September 18, 2011, 05:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on June 24, 2021, 12:18:44 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 24, 2021, 11:55:53 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 24, 2021, 10:36:48 AM
Seems he hasn't retired afterall. Apparently he is back training with the panel. According to a dublin GAA fan account on twitter

Who would have read an interview Ciaran Kilkenny did were he said Cluxo is training at the moment with the team

So Ciaran Kilkenny says he is training away with them yet David Brady says he has walked away. Who to believe?

If only we had some GAA journalists who might have Dessie Farrell's phone number.

I'm hoping he hasn't started training with the hurlers ffs!! he'd be a huge player for their team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: macker15 on June 24, 2021, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 24, 2021, 09:24:58 AM
Quote from: macker15 on June 23, 2021, 02:19:32 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 23, 2021, 01:15:21 PM
Larry Tompkins revolutionised going to a county that had a hope of winning an AI.

Andy Moran(Roscommon),Tom Parsons(Sligo),Keegan(Cavan),O'sheas(kerry) and Vaughan(cork) ye didn't have same luck

You forgot James Horan (New Zealand).

👍 and Tomas Tierney

Martin Carney (Donegal)

Seán Lowry (Offaly)

Tom Reilly (Monaghan)

rodney trotter

Since when was David Brady in the Dublin camp. He was only going on a hunch because Claxton hadn't played in the league and hadn't returned to training

macker15

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 24, 2021, 01:26:12 PM
Larry Tompkins revolutionised going to a county that had a hope of winning an AI.

Andy Moran(Roscommon),Tom Parsons(Sligo),Keegan(Cavan),O'sheas(kerry) and Vaughan(cork) ye didn't have same luck

👍 and Tomas Tierney

Martin Carney (Donegal)

Seán Lowry (Offaly)

Tom Reilly (Monaghan)

Donegal gave ye back Podge Brogan. Was a Dublin lad too,  Paul Bealin?

macker15

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 24, 2021, 01:27:15 PM
Since when was David Brady in the Dublin camp. He was only going on a hunch because Claxton hadn't played in the league and hadn't returned to training

Does Brady live in Dublin?

From the Bunker

Quote from: macker15 on June 24, 2021, 01:36:05 PM

👍 and Tomas Tierney

Martin Carney (Donegal)

Seán Lowry (Offaly)

Tom Reilly (Monaghan)

Quote from: macker15 on June 24, 2021, 01:36:05 PM

👍 and Tomas Tierney

Martin Carney (Donegal)

Seán Lowry (Offaly)

Tom Reilly (Monaghan)

A Dub played for us v Fermanagh in Markovitz Park in 2003. He was living in Crossmolina at the time. He came on in the second half. Was completely off the pace. And taken off later. Can't think of his name.

dublin7

Enda Sheehy played for Mayo or Sligo in the early noughties

general

****BREAKING NEWS****

Stephen Cluxton has rejoined the Dublin fold ahead of the opening game of their championship defence.

The return of Dublin's record-breaking skipper was confirmed by Ciarán Kilkenny, with their Leinster SFC opener away to either Wicklow or Wexford now just ten days away.

Cluxton's future has been shrouded in mystery for several weeks, although Dublin selector Mick Galvin had allayed some of those doubts – after their final league outing against Donegal – when saying they expected to have him back "as soon as we step back into championship training".

"Yeah, he is," said Kilkenny, when asked if their 39-year-old 'keeper was now back. "Look, there's a lot of guys that are on the return-to-play list as well and that's the exciting piece, that these guys are coming back in and a lot of other guys are really competitive at the moment and have put their hands up for places.

#Dylan

-Irish Independent.ie

Hound

It's odd the headlines on both II and rte saying Cluxton "has rejoined", but Kilkenny said he's expected back - so hasn't actually rejoined yet.

Rock is still injured and has not trained, although I did see him out recently and there didn't look to be anything wrong him, so I'm presuming it won't be too long.

BennyCake

So that'll be 7 photos of the presentation of Sam Maguire the exact same.

Poor Dublin fans won't have a clue what framed presentation photo is from what year. At least we know what year our Sam photo is from!

Dunsilly King

Quote from: BennyCake on June 24, 2021, 03:18:39 PM

Poor Dublin fans won't have a clue what framed presentation photo is from what year. At least we know what year our Sam photo is from!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sid waddell

At the age Cluxton is, he's on the vulnerable list as regards Covid

So understandably there has been a lot of confusion about whether it's safe for him to return

Dublin will need to put a protective cocoon around him if he does

macker15

Quote from: dublin7 on June 24, 2021, 02:01:33 PM
Enda Sheehy played for Mayo or Sligo in the early noughties

Is he a guard?

dublin7

Tell me about it!!

For the 5 in a row I got the picture of him lifting sam each year put into set that I got signed by him and then framed. Last year I had to have the picture reframed to add a 6th. Adding a 7th means more money and significant wall space for the picture. 

BennyCake

Quote from: dublin7 on June 24, 2021, 04:31:26 PM

Tell me about it!!

For the 5 in a row I got the picture of him lifting sam each year put into set that I got signed by him and then framed. Last year I had to have the picture reframed to add a 6th. Adding a 7th means more money and significant wall space for the picture.

See what I mean!  ;)

You'll have plans in to build an extension in no time. This success will be end of some of ye Dubs. You'd have been sensible quitting after the one.