Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Under Lights

sensethetone

Quote from: Under Lights on June 14, 2021, 11:51:06 AM
Was never a pen by the way.

I thought it was a handy one. If Kerry had scored the 5 goals from play first it may not have been given. For what it's worth obviously.

bgal10

Quote from: trailer on June 14, 2021, 11:22:08 AM
Would Tyrone be as well to get rid of the deadwood? McGeary, Burns, Myler, Morgan etc and just blood a load of young lads, even if it means Div 2 or 3 for a few years? Are we going to win anything with these lads in all seriousness?

Some of the stuff posted on here is mind boggling.  Those 4 players mentioned are all on the squad/team on merit - what 4 young players exactly should we bring in to replace them?

trailer

Quote from: bgal10 on June 14, 2021, 02:23:01 PM
Would Tyrone be as well to get rid of the deadwood? McGeary, Burns, Myler, Morgan etc and just blood a load of young lads, even if it means Div 2 or 3 for a few years? Are we going to win anything with these lads in all seriousness?

Some of the stuff posted on here is mind boggling.  Those 4 players mentioned are all on the squad/team on merit - what 4 young players exactly should we bring in to replace them?

Are they?
The fact remains Tyrone haven't beaten one the top teams in Championship since 2008. These players played on Saturday and Tyrone were absolutely humped. I'm not saying that they aren't the best available (well McGeary isn't) but should we not do what Dublin did? Get rid of the old guard who were mentally scarred and start a fresh? I feel we need new blood. It will be a long process and we will probably get worse before we get better but we may as well start.

tiempo

Aye you'd see more manners in an unmannerly neanderthal

All part of the craic of the board i suppose, elsewhere the Galway players are pathetic and its the managers fault

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on June 14, 2021, 02:30:44 PM

Are they?
The fact remains Tyrone haven't beaten one the top teams in Championship since 2008. These players played on Saturday and Tyrone were absolutely humped. I'm not saying that they aren't the best available (well McGeary isn't) but should we not do what Dublin did? Get rid of the old guard who were mentally scarred and start a fresh? I feel we need new blood. It will be a long process and we will probably get worse before we get better but we may as well start.
Last year it was a new manager, now it's new players. Some counties would be better off without supporters like you.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Gaafan2

Quote from: trailer on June 14, 2021, 02:30:44 PM

Are they?

McGeary scored 3 against Kerry and 2 against Monaghan from play. What's your agenda?

phpearse

McGeary leaves everything on the pitch. There are players in that team that you could point the finger at for not putting the effort in but McGeary is not one of them. You could even see in the past few games he has rowed back a bit on the tackles and conceeding scorable fress and he is getting on the score board as well. The lad has his place on merit.

Dire Ear

It's very early days for a new management team and I wouldn't be overly worried about getting a hidin from a very sharp and young Kerry team.
Of course it's hard to take a big score beating like that but it's done now so it's a matter of learning from it and moving on.
Main areas of work would be general fitness, learning to tackle and marking much more tightly.

Not much to ask for, !!  but think it'll be ok  8)

NotedObserver

What team will start championship? Assume canavan and McShane out

Morgan
Brennan
Mcnamee
Munroe
T McCann
Hampsey
Harte
Donnelly
Burns
Sludden
Mckenna
Meyler
McGeary
Mccurry
Bradley

CK_Redhand

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 14, 2021, 09:21:30 PM

Morgan
Brennan
Mcnamee
Munroe
T McCann
Hampsey
Harte
Donnelly
Burns
Sludden
Mckenna
Meyler
McGeary
Mccurry
Bradley
I think it would be a bit harsh to drop Donaghy. He seems like a confidence player and management should be doing as much as possible to boost his confidence.
T McCann very impressive off the bench. Great to see it after a couple of ropey years form wise.
Sludden has also done well off the bench but not enough to start I would think.
I think Burns should be brought back to sweeper and Mckenna to midfield. As much as we hated watching the blanket it is badly needed in my opinion.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on June 12, 2021, 10:00:59 PM
Quote from: gaafan2 on June 12, 2021, 09:32:37 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on June 12, 2021, 08:39:30 PM
Harte/Devlin on 100 grand a year in Louth apparently. They had a gofundme set up so I chipped in a few pound.

Trailer/stg two bellends. You don't know how good things are until you lose it. I'm not saying bring back harre, but he definitely kept us competitive and at the top table.

Wise up. It's been 4 games and they're still starting McGeary.

McGeary is a good player who always chips in with a few from play.

NotedObserver

Quote from: CK_Redhand on June 14, 2021, 09:46:04 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on June 14, 2021, 09:21:30 PM

Morgan
Brennan
Mcnamee
Munroe
T McCann
Hampsey
Harte
Donnelly
Burns
Sludden
Mckenna
Meyler
McGeary
Mccurry
Bradley
I think it would be a bit harsh to drop Donaghy. He seems like a confidence player and management should be doing as much as possible to boost his confidence.
T McCann very impressive off the bench. Great to see it after a couple of ropey years form wise.
Sludden has also done well off the bench but not enough to start I would think.
I think Burns should be brought back to sweeper and Mckenna to midfield. As much as we hated watching the blanket it is badly needed in my opinion.

Think your right on donaghy and Cavan although Ulster champions are not Kerry. Just hasn't worked out for him. Burns a bit of weight about him and needed against Cavan. McKenna needs out of full forward with a role between half forward and midfield

BennyHarp

McKenna might be better used as a wing back for the time being. Use his athleticism to bomb up and down. He might be better suited to coming on to the ball than getting it with his back to goal. The criticism of Meyler and McGeary is strange. Two of the better players on Saturday from my point of view, McGeary got 3 decent points from play and Meyler did a decent job on Sean O'Se under a lot of pressure. I think he definitely has a role to play tracking the oppositions most dynamic forward. Any word on Canavan?
That was never a square ball!!