Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

How on earth can Tyrone be made to go to Kerry in Covid times
They can't go by bus, it's an evening hame so prob a 2 night trip
Surely a high chance of Covid outbreak
The sensible thing is Croke Park / 2 hour trip for both teams and safe for everyone

tyrone08

Quote from: tiempo on May 30, 2021, 11:41:57 PM
P McNulty in, McShane 2022

Is it confirmed that mcshane is playing no part this year?

God14

It'd be a huge blow if true, but even if he does make an appearance you'd have to question how effective he would be after 16 months on the sidelines

Fuzzman

Good to have some gaa discussion back on here but amazing how naive and silly some comments are.
Some facts.
We lost again at home to Donegal
We threw away a possible win at home to Monaghan but many big players didn't play well again but no Hampsey now captain and no McShane.
We beat Armagh away by five points and deservedly so.

Three decent competitive games but with little training done I'd not be reading too much into any win or loss.

McKenna's lack of form and the old age problem of midfield is still very evident but you can see the new management team are very much in experimental mode and trying nearly every player they have available to them.
We've stayed in Div 1 though just about and that's maybe down to avoiding Dublin, Kerry and Galway more than anything.

Delighted to see how our forwards are showing some freedom of expression again to shoot and try things that before it seemed almost coached out of them and to play the percentage and don't lose possession game. I have yet to hear the word I hate so much, recycle 😂

I get the feeling B&F had a plan to firstly stay in Div one, try out as many players as possible, keep McShane wrapped up for another month of recovery time rather than exposing him to the likes of Donegal, Monaghan and Armagh before the Ulster championship.

I'd say both managers see Ulster as a very achievable goal this first year and anything after that is a bonus.
Who do Ulster play in the semi this year?

HokeyPokey

Midfield seemed to go well enough which was good to see.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 31, 2021, 09:08:06 AM
Good to have some gaa discussion back on here but amazing how naive and silly some comments are.
Some facts.
We threw away a possible win at home to Monaghan but many big players didn't play well again but no Hampsey now captain and no McShane.

Three decent competitive games but with little training done I'd not be reading too much into any win or loss.

McKenna's lack of form and the old age problem of midfield is still very evident but you can see the new management team are very much in experimental mode and trying nearly every player they have available to them.
We've stayed in Div 1 though just about and that's maybe down to avoiding Dublin, Kerry and Galway more than anything.

Delighted to see how our forwards are showing some freedom of expression again to shoot and try things that before it seemed almost coached out of them and to play the percentage and don't lose possession game. I have yet to hear the word I hate so much, recycle 😂

I get the feeling B&F had a plan to firstly stay in Div one, try out as many players as possible, keep McShane wrapped up for another month of recovery time rather than exposing him to the likes of Donegal, Monaghan and Armagh before the Ulster championship.

I'd say both managers see Ulster as a very achievable goal this first year and anything after that is a bonus.

There hasnt actually been much experimentation in terms of personnel. There's a lot of lads on the panel who've had little or no game time. Fair enough from the management to want to go with their strongest hand with very few games before the championship, but what we've seen so far is basically what we have for later in the year, barring a potential McShane return

tyrone08

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 31, 2021, 02:24:27 PM
Some facts.

There hasnt actually been much experimentation in terms of personnel. There's a lot of lads on the panel who've had little or no game time. Fair enough from the management to want to go with their strongest hand with very few games before the championship, but what we've seen so far is basically what we have for later in the year, barring a potential McShane return

I would to have liked brennan or mcalisky to get a run out to see their form. Suppose the management have a difficult decision as there are a very limited number of games to try out players before the championship.

tyrone08

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 31, 2021, 04:32:18 PM
Some facts.

I would to have liked brennan or mcalisky to get a run out to see their form. Suppose the management have a difficult decision as there are a very limited number of games to try out players before the championship.

Irish news this morning. 3 Clonoe men walked away from the panel. Seems odd to walk away after only 3 games

sensethetone

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 01, 2021, 09:24:45 AM
Some facts.

Irish news this morning. 3 Clonoe men walked away from the panel. Seems odd to walk away after only 3 games

Orla on GMU this morning was doing her best to make out this was a big blow to Tyrone.

blackball

Quote from: sensethetone on June 01, 2021, 10:25:42 AM
Some facts.

Orla on GMU this morning was doing her best to make out this was a big blow to Tyrone.

Is it not?

nrico2006

Quote from: blackball on June 01, 2021, 10:41:27 AM
Some facts.

Is it not?

Who walked?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyrone08

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 01, 2021, 12:22:58 PM
Quote from: blackball on June 01, 2021, 10:41:27 AM
Some facts.

Is it not?

Who walked?
Mcalisky, mcnulty and mcclure. Always thought that in mcshane absence that mcaliskey should be our target man with either brennan, Bradley or mccurry playing off him

In hiding

Clonoe play Edendork on Friday night.
Thats the unfair bit about this

Under Lights

I would say Skeet would have been annoyed about not making it onto the grass against Monaghan. Paul Donaghy, right footed free taker, taken off at half time and he wasn't the man to replace him, probably thinking i'm very far down the line.

Dire Ear

They've left for various reasons;  have to move on