Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Down  :o

First c'ship encounter since Coulter's debut in 2000...

Down aren't going so well so you never know but we'd seriously need to get the finger out!

Gold

Down's a great draw--their backs could be roasted by our pace especially Tomas and Lockrey --we may finally break through a few tackles and get a few goals and really beat a team, not just hang on.

But--thats where it'll end --Cork is an awful draw --wouldve been great to get wexford or Ros/Mayo
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

NP 76

Quote from: Gold on July 10, 2011, 07:39:36 PM
Down's a great draw--their backs could be roasted by our pace especially Tomas and Lockrey --we may finally break through a few tackles and get a few goals and really beat a team, not just hang on.

But--thats where it'll end --Cork is an awful draw --wouldve been great to get wexford or Ros/Mayo
Are you sure Gold

Glensman

Quote from: NP 76 on July 17, 2011, 01:13:08 PM
Quote from: Gold on July 10, 2011, 07:39:36 PM

Are you sure Gold

He said "may" and was just being optimistic.

No gloating needed from Down on this thread - thought as the aristocrats they'd be above that.

Despite you I hope they give Cork their fill.

AQMP

With Niall Conway and Paddy McNeill leaving and judging by Baker's demeanour after the game, might Antrim be looking for a new manager??  Would Micko like the travelling exps to Casement :D

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: AQMP on July 18, 2011, 10:11:46 AM
With Niall Conway and Paddy McNeill leaving and judging by Baker's demeanour after the game, might Antrim be looking for a new manager??  Would Micko like the travelling exps to Casement :D
Sure he could get a lift with Dinny!!!! Or stay in his appartment!!

Buswhacker

What happened to Ciaran Close who used to play for Antrim. He was a excellent forward and we could do with all the forwards we can get. Maybe he's injured.

imtommygunn

Good question - he'd be well worth his place on that team.

Gold

Cargin going very well at the moment banging in 8 goals v Creggan. They'll win another league by the looks of things but dont have enough up front to knock Galls off their perch in the championship imo.

Galls and Cargin leading the way for another year with no sign of the others catching up.

Galls main players are now 26-29 and at their peak and could really push for another AI in the next couple of years if they still have the hunger for it. They may as well go for it as they have an extraordinary group of players with really only another 5 years i'd say to challenge on the National stage
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

CentreHalfBack

Heard tonight Sarsfields could be in a lot of trouble after todays game V St. Paul's.

Sarsfields member assaulting the ref after the game.
New season - new reason

bloodybreakball

cargin are going as well as anybody has seen them going in a long time, Clooney are having a horrible year but that result wouldnt be reflective of  the ability of ahoghill, maybe theyve just give up??

i think cargin COULD have the forwards to beat galls, if they dont, i dont think it will be a lack of firepower. more probably would be that st. glls are just that good a team.

ciaran close seems to have a point to prove, james laverty is a very good footballer, very hard working which surely isnt a bad thing against st. galls, not sure whether enda mc groggan could do it at that eilite level but then again maybe anto healy or some of the galls players might be about that level too and mc grogggan might play well. fergal johnston is a classy player, onlyl young but has to show he can do it in a county final or against st. galls whenever they play. gerard o boyle's playing steady but if he hits the form that he was in earlier in his career then i would nt want to mark him, paul mc canns playing good and is helped by the fact that cargins playing well, then add in tomas arguably most potent forward on the senior county panel.

ManInBlackandGreen

That's the paddies in big trouble now, closure may be the only option, all things considered the county needs to have the B***S to make this statement and close them or any other club that cannot steward or control its supporters, although in fairness this was a Member of the management of the paddies he was inside the pitch!. Its getting out of control, 6 major incidents in July across the county involving referees, its gone to far, or the referees committee should just refuse to send out the referees full stop, and take the B*****s to court and do him properly, its the only way this is going to get through.

intheknow11

Agree that Cargin appear to be goin well but they always seem to be at this time of year.. Remains to be seen if they can make this year the year when they make the step up again... Having watched them as past week against the johnnies and ahoghill i'd have to agree with you on your analysis of the players, with james laverty, fergal johnston, paul mcCann, marty kane and donagh mckeever adding much more strength in depth to cargins panel, Ciaran close has shook off the injury which kept him out for so long and is playin as well as i've seen as long time, these players along with they're county contingent maybe they are worth a punt. If not galls will win another Championship at a canter...

imtommygunn

The gap between Cargin and St Galls has become massive over this last few years. Cargin have a long long way to go to close that gap. The league means nothing with St Galls and Cargin always do well in it so the jury is still out. If Cargin are to compete with st galls they would need to be beating everyone else by large margins come championship time.

Don't get me wrong I think they have the players to mount a challenge however for whatever reason they just never seem to be able to. The last two cargin-st galls championship games were up there with as bad as I have ever seen they were that one sided.

On paper with Kevin O'Boyle, Tony Scullion, Justin Crozier, Michael McCann, Tomas McCann and Kieran Close they should be much closer than they are.

Milltown Row2

Judging Cargin on league form is daft. Even Cargin players, supporters and management will tell you that. With the team they have they should be winning more. In all my years of watching Cargin this team has been their best, problem is they are up against a team that bases their form/training around winning the championship. Who really cares about winning the league? Last time we won the league Cargin won the championship!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea