Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

stiffler

Good publication- have to agree with Sean on the under 21 squad for 2008....underachieved, and the reason for this was not addressed for this year.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

milltown row

ok i'm off out, first match of the year keep saying that its my last year but sure either that or shopping?????

so of to St Endas for a div 5 game can't wait. will be sore tomorrow

TheDoc

Result

Leitrim 2-6
Antrim 1-9
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

A Quinn Martin Production

Saffrons were 1-4 to 0-1 up at one stage and then found themselves at 1-7 to 2-6 down near the end.  Looks like a couple of late scores salvaged a draw.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

milltown row

more points dropped (hurlers today) any one at the game?

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: milltown row on March 08, 2009, 01:13:48 PM
ok i'm off out, first match of the year keep saying that its my last year but sure either that or shopping?????

Did u even survive the trip to the coldest place on earth???

stiffler

Anyone a match report of todays game?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

DownFanatic

Any team that are interested in a Minor Challenge game over the next three weeks please PM me.

Preferably we are looking for a Grade 2/Section B standard side.

We are willing to travel and to host (we have floodlit facilities for midweek games).

Thanks.

cooki2222

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 08, 2009, 08:27:43 PM

Snow, Hailstones, Rain, Sun & very strong winds all in 60minutes

Cant beat it

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: cooki2222 on March 10, 2009, 03:43:16 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 08, 2009, 08:27:43 PM

Snow, Hailstones, Rain, Sun & very strong winds all in 60minutes

Cant beat it

So the weather was pretty good then for the opening game of the season, well by Hightown standards anyway lol.

TheDoc

Quote from: stiffler on March 08, 2009, 08:31:02 PM
Anyone a match report of todays game?

QuoteCJ's late free earns Antrim a draw - Leitrim 2-6 Antrim 1-9

On a day when the county hurlers and camogs both played out draws in their respective National League games a superbly struck free from almost fifty metres by substitute CJ McGourty earned Antrim footballers a share of the spoils in their away tie with Leitrim in Carrick-on-Shannon. It appeared that Antrim's unbeaten run in Division 4 of the National Football League was coming to an end when the home side led with only minutes remaining, but CJ stepped up to the mark to sned the ball between the uprights, despite kicking into a stiff breeze.
It had all looked good for Liam Bradley's men when they led by 1-4 to 0-2 after a wind assisted opening half, the scores from the Cargin contingent of Justin Crozier (1-1), Ciaran Close (0-2) and Michael McCann (0-1).
When McCann edged Antrim six clear early in the second-half they appeared to be course to pick up two precious league points but they conceded a bad goal when Leitrim substitute James Glancy found the net. All seemed well again when CJ McGourty and Kevin Brady pointed to put them four clear again, but once again the home side got in for a 'soft' goal, this time through left-half forward Emlyn Mulligan.
The same player brought them level and Glancy edged them ahead , but CJ saved the day for the Saffrons with a superbly struck equaliser to keep their promotion race on track.

ANTRIM – J Finucane, C Brady, S McVeigh, K O'Boyle, T Scullion, D O'Hagan, D McCann, M McCann, A Gallagher, J Loughrey, C Close, C Murray, K Brady, N McKeever, J Crozier.
SUBS – T McCann for Close (21), CJ McGourty for McKeever (47), M Poloock for Murray (62), S Burke for McVeigh (63).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

FitnessTestingIreland

Fitness Testing Ireland

New Fitness Testing company for GAA clubs.

Check out our website www.fitnesstestingireland.com

Or drop us an email at info@fitnesstestingireland.co.uk

ONeill

Carlow 1-11 4-14 Antrim

The Saffrons moved top of Allianz NFL Division Four after hammering Carlow at Dr Cullen Park on Sunday.

Mark Dougan was the star for Antrim with a hat-trick, his first goal coming after five minutes.

CJ McGourty added the second before Dougan netted again to leave the visitors 3-7 to 0-8 ahead at the break.

Dougan completed his treble while David Phelan scored Carlow's goal from a penalty and a late John Murphy penalty was saved by Antrim's Sean McGreevy.

BBC
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

great win and the ladies also beat Kilkenny in Nowlan Park. (the ladies would beat their senior team)