Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

have to agree a good programme last night about Kevin a great Gael , fine role model and big loss to Antrim football,hope Derry dont hold on to him too long and we soon see him back in his home county

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

Hoof Hearted

Unbelievable that he was within 2 minutes of being brian damaged. Fcuk that was scary. The surgeon seemed unfazed. Next time i think im under pressure here at work, i will know its not pressure compared to what some people do for a living.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

To think that Kevin topped the NFL scoring charts, while playing with a defective valve in the heart, just goes to show the mettle of the man. A credit to our county.

His own football "journey" still a work in progress. When he steps up to the plate with his own county in a few short years, he will be the real deal. His own playing days were cruelly cut short, but Id say his finest chapters are still to be written. In Saffron.

away on at wit ye

why aren't paul close, andy mc clean and sean kelly in the NFL squad?

Glensman

Any thoughts on the team for Sunday?

Will be interesting to see how whoever picks up Leighton Glynn does (if he is playing for them at this stage). He had a stormer in the international rules.

Glensman

Those are some good thoughts on the team HS...

Will be interested to see how Connor Murray stands up the physical challenge of county football as well.
Looking forward to it.

imtommygunn

Some amount of left footers in the forward line...

I'd still like to see a bigger man at FF. Glad to see Loughrey in the half forwards though and Gallagher may be more at home in MF. Haven't seen much of O'Hagan but looks a good see if maybe not the most physical.

NAG

We can still be picking TS at this stage can we, surely there is a better option out there in the county?

imtommygunn

His attacking runs are as good as a lot of half backs you'll see.

Granted the distribution is not great but if he can do those runs and lay it off then he definitely has his place in the team.

Personally I think he's well worth his place.

NAG

ITG

I understand where you are coming from. But if his distribution hasnt improved by now then it is not likely to in the next while either he has been around a right while now. I dont like criticising players and I can see his merits, but to be honest I am fed up watching him running with the ball down blind allys and carrying the ball into contact and turning it over leaving the defence a man short up the field and opposition breaking on us.
I also have to say that if I was an inside forward it would kill me making runs for him when you know he is not going to release the ball regardless.

milltown row

we must be the smallest county in Ireland. i'm talking county players of course.

Gold

yeah im surprised Daragh Edwards didnt get a start--i thought he'd be thrown in at full forward

are forward line must be the smallest in Ireland --im glad Loughrey is at half forward as that gives a bit of height in the forwards, the rest r very small although i heard Murray can leap but am yet to see it

im most counties McCann and Gallagher wouldnt be big enough for midfield and would be in the half forwards

Anyway, hopefully we can beat Wicklow and get off the ground running
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

Plenty of engine in that team, and plenty of football too. But definitely very light up front on what is sure to be testing underfoot conditions. Agree that Edwards presence up front could be needed. I also think Niblock is the strongest ball winner we have, and reckon it wont be long before his brute strength is preferred in the half forward line.

TS some great qualities, and a good manager would soon put an end to any wastage in the distribution stakes, as the stats dont lie. If he gets that part of his game up to scratch, then he is in on merit.

Home venue is a big positive for this match, and even at this early this is a big game for us. Lets get up and make a bit of atmosphere and get behind the team early on, and stay with them till the points are safe.