Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrendanAntrim

St Paul's v Naomh Brid was played in terrible conditions, and finished in near darkness. Credit to both teams and the ref for getting it done.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2023, 11:11:50 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 13, 2023, 10:06:21 PM
I hear there is a go fund me page to get the referee in LAmhs dunloy match a new stopwatch. Well done dunloy who knows maybe the double ?

They should have the stopwatch linked to the scoreboard that would at the very least stop the gurnning...

They seemed happy with the stop watch at the county final  ;)
great ideas about stopwatch and scoreboard.  The rest is a riddle lad

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 14, 2023, 05:32:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2023, 11:11:50 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 13, 2023, 10:06:21 PM
I hear there is a go fund me page to get the referee in LAmhs dunloy match a new stopwatch. Well done dunloy who knows maybe the double ?

They should have the stopwatch linked to the scoreboard that would at the very least stop the gurnning...

They seemed happy with the stop watch at the county final  ;)
great ideas about stopwatch and scoreboard.  The rest is a riddle lad

There's only one watch in a game, any stoppages, injuries, fights, substitutions are all added, any stoppages in stoppage time is added. Would people prefer no added stoppages?

Players are always informed and shown the time if asked.

But if there is a go fund me I'd like the new up to date Fenix Garmin watch.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I thought you used two watches  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 14, 2023, 06:35:12 PM
I thought you used two watches  ;D

Cheap Casio on the left, Fenix 6 on the right! But happy for two Garmins
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Anyone know who is playing in the u15 Breslin Cup final?

We are in the Shield final but I can't for the life of me find who who is in the other final and where/when it is.

Didn't think it would be so hard to find out!!

Had hoped it would be a double header but I think it's on a different night for some reason.

BrendanAntrim

But if there is a go fund me I'd like the new up to date Fenix Garmin watch.
[/quote]

Top of the range! Fair play

Ghost+Tommy

Just home from Dublin(work)so disappointed to know after a good performance last week against casements,we fall on our sword tonight v St Paul's,We play casements Sunday week I think Barnish

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: barnish oggie on September 14, 2023, 08:41:36 PM
Anyone know who is playing in the u15 Breslin Cup final?

We are in the Shield final but I can't for the life of me find who who is in the other final and where/when it is.

Didn't think it would be so hard to find out!!

Had hoped it would be a double header but I think it's on a different night for some reason.

Definitely Portglenone v St endas but not 100% sure on the date

I think both teams only had one game go play to get there
Portglenone Definitely had, against cargin
St endas maybe had a quarter to play before beating moneyglass in semi

Edit Sunday 24th at 1.00pm at Randalstown
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on September 14, 2023, 11:12:05 PM
Just home from Dublin(work)so disappointed to know after a good performance last week against casements,we fall on our sword tonight v St Paul's,We play casements Sunday week I think Barnish

On any given day, st galls apart, anyone can beat anyone in that age group
Going to be very competitive going forward, throw in a few other teams who are improving like cargin, Creggan, and it's going to be tougher

barnish oggie

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 15, 2023, 08:14:58 AM

Going to be very competitive going forward, throw in a few other teams who are improving like cargin, Creggan, and it's going to be tougher

Having watched all of the teams in that league this year, Dunloy are the ones to watch for, if they can balance football with hurling, which is the age old issue down there.

EDIT: Just checked last night's results in the B Championship and I see Dunloy are through to the Final after beating the Jonnies.

JimStynes

How big an area is Dunloy? They're some club!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: barnish oggie on September 15, 2023, 10:15:56 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 15, 2023, 08:14:58 AM

Having watched all of the teams in that league this year, Dunloy are the ones to watch for, if they can balance football with hurling, which is the age old issue down there.

EDIT: Just checked last night's results in the B Championship and I see Dunloy are through to the Final after beating the Jonnies.

Was going to put Dunloy but never saw them this year

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on September 15, 2023, 10:45:19 AM

Not that big in fairness but they harness what they have and put it to good use..

NorthAntrim

Quote from: JimStynes on September 15, 2023, 10:45:19 AM

Their catchment area runs further than the parish boundary