Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Quote from: Mickey Linden on June 13, 2023, 08:41:12 AM
Do all kids need a juvenile ticket for Sunday? Or are young kids still free? Thanks
Tickets are on sale via https://am.ticketmaster.com/gaa/

Pricing is €20 adults,
€15 Stu/Oap and
€5 Juvenile.
Tickets are General admission.

barnish oggie

Quote from: delgany on June 13, 2023, 11:48:10 AM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on June 13, 2023, 08:41:12 AM
Do all kids need a juvenile ticket for Sunday? Or are young kids still free? Thanks
Tickets are on sale via https://am.ticketmaster.com/gaa/

Pricing is €20 adults,
€15 Stu/Oap and
€5 Juvenile.
Tickets are General admission.

£20 to watch a match in Corrigan Park...Christ alive!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: antrimman667 on June 13, 2023, 11:46:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2023, 10:45:56 AM
Quote from: antrimman667 on June 13, 2023, 09:33:53 AM
Quote from: antrimman667 on June 13, 2023, 09:31:53 AM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 12, 2023, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: delgany on June 12, 2023, 09:48:15 PM
Quote from: Stillwater2 on June 12, 2023, 09:45:57 PM
Was there an offical proposal submitted ? On what basis should they not be relegated.

Yes a proposal to stave off relegation was put forward with promotion of Div2 winners,based on fact that they had county players unavailable.

Don't rule out something like this happening
It happened at the 11th hour in derry last year
As I said before, depends on who ends up in the bottom 2 !!

Yeah if the Johnnies are in the bottom two can see this happen ;D

Or St.Galls god forbid  ::)

Going down did us no harm in the past so whatever happens happens.
very hard to get up from div 2 MR2

We went on to win the senior championship after a spell in div 2 and the rest was history, the league doesn't lie, teams are missing players all year for various different reasons, and not just because of county involvement, its a very small part of it, it should allow you to develop those fringe players and improve the squad.

We had the starred games in hurling a load of years ago and other counties used to have it also, personally I wasn't in favour of them but see how they could be used, but the county commitments are huge now so not sure if that's even available now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Couldn't agree more. My own club have 4 players out with long term injuries. We've been forced to play younger players week in week out. We've lost games because of it but we've progressed these young lads and they look set to play championship this year. Every club has missing players but only some choose to moan about it.

antrimman667

Quote from: ck on June 14, 2023, 09:22:43 AM
Couldn't agree more. My own club have 4 players out with long term injuries. We've been forced to play younger players week in week out. We've lost games because of it but we've progressed these young lads and they look set to play championship this year. Every club has missing players but only some choose to moan about it.

If St.Enda's go down they will obviously pin this on  players from county, if mcCavanagh lets it happen :D

NorthAntrim

id like to see a restructure in the leagues back to 4 divisions. Too big of a gap between top of 2 and 3 to the bottom

EOC1923

100 percent agree, should be Division 1 - 4 with 8 teams in each or a close to that as possible. The quality in each division would improve

NorthAntrim

bottom 5 of the div 1 at the minute with top 3 in division 2 would make two very good leagues

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on June 14, 2023, 04:12:55 PM
bottom 5 of the div 1 at the minute with top 3 in division 2 would make two very good leagues

In all that time of our success I think we won the league once. Now you can take from that what you want but the league has its uses but no one is getting open top buses in the back of them.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2023, 07:10:52 PM

In all that time of our success I think we won the league once. Now you can take from that what you want but the league has its uses but no one is getting open top buses in the back of them.
After two discussions, in February, it was agreed that two teams relegated and one promoted , with a review of league structures
in September. Three clubs don't like that outcome because it doesnt suit them. They didn't even consider or reference any team in Div 2  being impacted @ e.g. Dunloy - massively impacted in football.
4 leagues of 8 would be best solution for CCC , in terms of fixtures.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: delgany on June 14, 2023, 08:32:14 PM

After two discussions, in February, it was agreed that two teams relegated and one promoted , with a review of league structures
in September. Three clubs don't like that outcome because it doesnt suit them. They didn't even consider or reference any team in Div 2  being impacted @ e.g. Dunloy - massively impacted in football.

4 teams of 8 would be good yes, but for 2025 onwards
Bottom 2 down this year, 1 up as was proposed
Next season, no split, top 8 is 2025 discontinued 1
Next 4 plus top 4 in division 2 is second division etc etc
It means this year's relegated teams can't return straight away
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

barnish oggie

So St Endas, St Brigids and one other???????

Who is the most likely?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on June 15, 2023, 09:02:30 AM

So St Endas, St Brigids and one other???????

Who is the most likely?

We've only one actual player so I'd be wondering who else has been suffering more? St Johns have players in county hurling and football that have missed the club season, Tir na Og or Rossa wouldn't be missing many? Leaving Moneyglass, who'll have missed but both them and St Johns are sitting with 12 points and should pick up enough points with all their players back

imtommygunn

Rossa's two best players(goalie and McEnhill) would be in the football and then Walsh would be handy enough from the hurling too.

You're right about st johns and the hurling. They'd be missing a lot through the hurling. Also I'd expect Fitzpatrick to play more in the summer. (or in fact maybe linfield start early for europe so not sure?)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 15, 2023, 09:18:00 AM
Rossa's two best players(goalie and McEnhill) would be in the football and then Walsh would be handy enough from the hurling too.

You're right about st johns and the hurling. They'd be missing a lot through the hurling. Also I'd expect Fitzpatrick to play more in the summer. (or in fact maybe linfield start early for europe so not sure?)

Always forget about the keepers lol!