Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Shaun actually, not Sean. Agree PJ, one who could step up to senior ranks anytime soon.

imtommygunn

Three goals down in the minors  :(

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 29, 2023, 03:18:28 PM

Nothing about the great work Saffron Business Forum are doing after this or the Cavan result I'm guessing ?  :o
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

JimStynes

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on April 29, 2023, 04:49:31 PM
Going rightly the year

I think it's a two finger salute to the Antrim Twitter people
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 29, 2023, 03:44:37 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 29, 2023, 03:18:28 PM

Nothing about the great work Saffron Business Forum are doing after this or the Cavan result I'm guessing ?  :o
The business forum mustn't be raising that much when Antrim are asking clubs to contribute to building a gym at Dunsilly

FrMaginn

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 29, 2023, 04:25:24 PM
Beat 8-17 to 0-2

Downed tools after 7 minutes, the SV lads told them they didn't get mentioned on Twitter.  So they wanted to make a statement to the county board

Saffsof82

Long day in omagh. Wasn't an unfair assessment to say we downed tools after the secondgoal. Sitting in a group of Tyrone faithful who could boost off a team full of hogan cup winners and gaps filled by the Donagh more lads. So yes they were light yers ahead of us but the way we capitulated so early was soul deastroying. A lot of this minor team are back next year but they will need to find a few on pitch leaders and quickly

bannside

Another head scratching drive home Saffs, youve had more than your share of those this year! Tyrone could get ten seniors from that year group...we mightened get any. Management need to dust themselves down and go again, They can only work with the players our clubs are sending in!

JimStynes

Tyrone could probably put a 3rds team out and beat Antrim.

Sportacus

And then some people are expecting this, that and the other from Andy McEntee.  We've been a mile off for years at underage.  It's bound to take its toll at senior.  Down in a similar position, have been underachieving. Laverty might turn the ship around but he had to face reality yesterday after a year in the job. And Armagh would need to watch out, their underage has been nothing to shout about for a long time as well. Derry and Tyrone just go from strength to strength.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on May 01, 2023, 07:52:09 AM
Another head scratching drive home Saffs, youve had more than your share of those this year! Tyrone could get ten seniors from that year group...we mightened get any. Management need to dust themselves down and go again, They can only work with the players our clubs are sending in!
Going to agree here, from what I have seen there are way too few clubs putting in any effort at underage level. This is where the fault lies for results like this. Tyrone have dozens of clubs putting In maximum effort Antrim have single figure.

Gold

Pains me to say in-laws are  Tyrone... From a Junior Club who can't get out of Div 3, bottom of the Tyrone barrell

I've seen them play a load and they would be top half Div 1 in Antrim.
Full of Hogan Cup winners, pace and doggedness, boys with maybe limited sporting ability who are just hardy and brute ignorant and  wouldn't let a man go past them. We let men waltz up the middle  (look at Armagh senior game) and score in a way they never would accept

We might get the odd 'I'll knack yer ballix in" slabber hit a Judas,  cowardly dig from behind your back in an Antrim league game but about as hard as fcuk-all in comparison to the boys above, not worth a f**k

They have a depth in that County we could only dream of matching

The sport is the County's Culture, its who they are and their teams are how they pride themselves. We just don't have that.

Like nearly every non GAA playing girl in their county would nearly know who they are playing that weekend and not have a bad word said about their county......that level of passion filters down to each child and they all want to play for their county.

She's 2 cousins who started and won underage all irelands in last year who can't make full Tyrone Senior squad.....they would both start for and massively improve Antrim Seniors.

The levels are just night and day

Interviewing Henry Sheeflin and  fawning over and clapping his achievements won't change that, it might get us some money, which all Counties need to keep operating

Realistically Leitrim won't win an All Ireland in 10 or 20 years and neither will Carlow and neither will we. We can keep trying but our ceiling will never be that high. Unless schools all start competing in McCrory etc that won't change. Clubs too, demanding more of players,  coaches who know the sport and coach with a higher level in mind

Other Counties like Tyrone, now with Ballygawley, Donaghmore  and Carrickmore in McCrory are massively widening the gap

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."