Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realisticsaff

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 10, 2023, 09:12:17 AM
Quote from: realisticsaff on April 09, 2023, 07:29:25 PM
Quote from: bannside on April 09, 2023, 07:01:58 PM

Truth is we were disappointing yesterday.

Change the word yesterday to all year and you are spot on

Tailteann cup will be better, and so will next years league campaign.

What a foolish thing to say.

imtommygunn

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 10, 2023, 09:48:01 AM

Genuinely realisticsaff fair play for promoting Antrim club football on the podcast. I think it's great. But to admit you haven't went to any of the county games this year on one hand, then batter performances on the other... well it doesn't add up does it? Outside of the Westmeath and Longford game which was a dead rubber, performances were encouraging, particularly against 3 of the best teams in the league. But sure push your own agenda.

No dressing up Saturday. Poor display. Those two line ups are on completely different levels of quality and that's the reality. Tailteann cup will be better, and so will next years league campaign. Give things a chance and get behind it.

No Agenda.

McKenna cup poor
League poor
Saturday poor

Facts

Plenty of agenda.

It can be hard to be positive being an Antrim fan sometimes but your negativity and cynicism is next level. Reading this it's like you are revelling in Antrim getting beat with a poor performance. Do you even want to see Antrim do well? I have no idea who you are btw but your posts don't read like you do.

Btw newsflash enda mcginley didn't get us to division two and we got beat by a division four team in the tailteann cup. (That is not a criticism of him but of your argument).

NatSoSaff

Still hasn't answered whether he's actually watched an Antrim league match this year either.

realisticsaff

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 10, 2023, 10:17:56 AM

Genuinely realisticsaff fair play for promoting Antrim club football on the podcast. I think it's great. But to admit you haven't went to any of the county games this year on one hand, then batter performances on the other... well it doesn't add up does it? Outside of the Westmeath and Longford game which was a dead rubber, performances were encouraging, particularly against 3 of the best teams in the league. But sure push your own agenda.

No dressing up Saturday. Poor display. Those two line ups are on completely different levels of quality and that's the reality. Tailteann cup will be better, and so will next years league campaign. Give things a chance and get behind it.

No Agenda.

McKenna cup poor
League poor
Saturday poor

Facts

Plenty of agenda.

but your negativity and cynicism is next level.

And the toxic positivey is next level.

imtommygunn

"toxic positivity". Laughable.

Now answer the man's question.

realisticsaff

No Agenda.

McKenna cup poor
League poor
Saturday poor

Facts

Plenty of agenda.

It can be hard to be positive being an Antrim fan sometimes but your negativity and cynicism is next level. Reading this it's like you are revelling in Antrim getting beat with a poor performance. Do you even want to see Antrim do well? I have no idea who you are btw but your posts don't read like you do.

Btw newsflash enda mcginley didn't get us to division two and we got beat by a division four team in the tailteann cup. (That is not a criticism of him but of your argument).

Mate I couldnt give a toss if Andy Mcentee, Jim Allistar or Jamie Byrson was managing the Antrim footballers I judge results and performances and this season has been dreadful. Antrim were literally that meme on Saturday of the guy holding the cardboard cut out "our expectations were low but holy f**k". The tactical naivety you wouldn't see from an u12 coach holy christ.. keeping Joe Finnegan on Conor Turbitt for the full game, our D area going unprotected all game and being pure blindly ignorant towards your defence and defensive structures and trying to stop the opposition scoring is laughable and picking lads who clearly arent anywhere near the level for county football and constantly persistently with them. 

imtommygunn

Tbh you have some points but you had the knives out for the man and that is abundantly clear. You have posted that in the aftermath of a game where you seemed to have it lined up beforehand. It really is hard to take you as being objective when you didn't want young players in because it was a losing toxic environment and you are comparing him to someone who didn't get us into division two but they had you believing so you make it sound like that must be better. How does anyone reason with that or take it as objective?

The league was not as poor as you say it was. We are a division three team and when there are quite a few of what would be our better players unavailable then we are just about a division three team as per our league position.

The jury is very much still out yes but I haven't got the knives out yet.

Sportacus

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 10, 2023, 09:10:23 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on April 09, 2023, 02:41:34 PM
He's in the job 10 months.

Ok and? Mickey Harte almost got 3 promotions in a row since 2021, Rory Gallagher has 2 promotions and an Ulster title in 3 years, Mcconvile just in the door at Wicklow promotion right away and an 80% win ratio and Davy Burke just in the door at Roscommon finished 3rd in division 1 which is incredible and went to the pre all Ireland favourites backyard yesterday and won. All outside managers and most from a different province aswell maybe just maybe Andy is not very good and it was a dreadful appointment ever thought of that?
Mickey Harte - no comparison.  He's one of the most successful managers in history.  Very few of them around.  Although I'm not a fan of his system.
Rory Gallagher - he inherited a serious player base and underage structure and has made the most of it. Puke football though.
Davy Burke - Has done amazing but Roscommon are a seriously proud county and turn up in the championship every year.  Our players have lost that tradition completely.
Oisin - could turn out to be a great manager.  Time will tell.  Got Wicklow playing attacking football and it's been good enough for division 4.  Fair play.

So who knows with McEntee, he's from solid GAA pedigree but has his work cut out with Antrim.  He's only scratched the surface.  Too early to rubbish him, but we'd all like to see changes and a good run in the TC.

Lár na páirce 1

The only game I missed this year was Longford away been to all games yes with a bit of luck we'd be in division 2 in saying that could easily be in division 4 right now all very fine margins.
The game on Saturday was a shambles two big men standing inside and no service then they came out to win their own ball then we'd no one inside ,mcBride tried hard as did Jordan always Healy&stewart very good I just feel there was no real structure to the side.losing Dermot with the jaw was a big blow in terms of balance on the side IMO better going with the youngsters like Ryan mcQuillan tiernan McCormick ,Cahir Donnelly,connal mcGirr,Dan mcNicholl&Conhuir Johnston and giving them time to adjust to county senior football even if it means no progress for a couple of years,we are light years behind everyone in terms of underage structures although good work going in on that front now also
For me we seemed to go out very very flat and no bite or badness for the heat of championship battle you always need one or two dogs and we don't seem to have them anymore.there is talent coming through but may just take time and patience.

realisticsaff

Quote from: Sportacus on April 10, 2023, 01:30:46 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on April 10, 2023, 09:10:23 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on April 09, 2023, 02:41:34 PM
He's in the job 10 months.

Ok and? Mickey Harte almost got 3 promotions in a row since 2021, Rory Gallagher has 2 promotions and an Ulster title in 3 years, Mcconvile just in the door at Wicklow promotion right away and an 80% win ratio and Davy Burke just in the door at Roscommon finished 3rd in division 1 which is incredible and went to the pre all Ireland favourites backyard yesterday and won. All outside managers and most from a different province aswell maybe just maybe Andy is not very good and it was a dreadful appointment ever thought of that?
Mickey Harte - no comparison.  He's one of the most successful managers in history.  Very few of them around.  Although I'm not a fan of his system.
Rory Gallagher - he inherited a serious player base and underage structure and has made the most of it. Puke football though.
Davy Burke - Has done amazing but Roscommon are a seriously proud county and turn up in the championship every year.  Our players have lost that tradition completely.
Oisin - could turn out to be a great manager.  Time will tell.  Got Wicklow playing attacking football and it's been good enough for division 4.  Fair play.

So who knows with McEntee, he's from solid GAA pedigree but has his work cut out with Antrim.  He's only scratched the surface.  Too early to rubbish him, but we'd all like to see changes and a good run in the TC.

Puke football and not a fan of his system 😹😹😹 I'd rather we played "winning" puke football than the naive rubbish we play currently and as the guy above says where was the intensity the huger on Saturday?This team feels and felt like they are just going through the motions

Sportacus

If we played puke football you'd be the first to complain.  But anyway each to their own. I've said my piece, I'd prefer to give McEntee more time. It'll probably end in failure, but that would be nothing new for us.  Plenty of room on the Board for other opinions.

Kidder81

Brendan Crossan reckons it was a "gutsy" display  :o

Milltown Row2

The bank balance will be bulging this week after their latest in-depth take on Saturday's game

I'm sure the subscribers will be chomping at the bit to hear
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NatSoSaff

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 10, 2023, 12:08:02 PM

No Agenda.

McKenna cup poor
League poor
Saturday poor

Facts

Plenty of agenda.

Mate I couldnt give a toss if Andy Mcentee, Jim Allistar or Jamie Byrson was managing the Antrim footballers *I judge results and performances* and this season has been dreadful. Antrim were literally that meme on Saturday of the guy holding the cardboard cut out "our expectations were low but holy f**k". The tactical naivety you wouldn't see from an u12 coach holy christ.. keeping Joe Finnegan on Conor Turbitt for the full game, our D area going unprotected all game and being pure blindly ignorant towards your defence and defensive structures and trying to stop the opposition scoring is laughable and picking lads who clearly arent anywhere near the level for county football and constantly persistently with them.

How do you judge performances when you haven't seen them perform  ;D

realisticsaff

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 10, 2023, 05:52:54 PM
Brendan Crossan reckons it was a "gutsy" display  :o

I would expect nothing less from Brendan Crossan lick arse get arse just ask MR I wonder what Division 1 game he's got on Wednesday night