Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Clover on December 05, 2016, 11:04:42 PM
£7000 in the new business account I heard the footballers raised more at the boxing night show me the money saffron no vision 🤔

Does that include the price of running it, venue renting boxing ring, referee...etc
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: JimStynes on December 05, 2016, 10:19:23 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2016, 09:36:51 PM
I see an Aghagallon individual tweeting complaining on the Cargin facilities................jeez he has some cheek I have been up to his neck of the woods a few times.......perhaps he would have liked to come down and gathered up the ton of rubbish left behind ::)

Who was the individual? I didn't hear one person complain about the grounds. Walking off the field at the end I did notice the amount of rubbish left behind on the grass bank by all 4 sets of supporters. A few wee lads were running about with bags gathering it up.
That smart arrogant 'Aghagallon supporter' had not the balls to leave his name on a comment made on county guestbook......did not go down at all well ???

Hectic

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2016, 04:27:30 PM
Quote from: Hectic on December 05, 2016, 10:54:01 AM
Look you cannot account for the actions or words of one individual - if we did all our clubs would be in disrepute.

As predicted for a long time Aghagallon were going to take some stopping this year and so it proved - this level in particular is designed for a squad with good unity, all driving forward together with a good dose of senior football.  Achieving at senior was def the catalyst but there is a lot of talent in this squad and should they stick together and stick at it Aghagallon will be an established Div 1 team for the foreseeable.

Again predicted an easy win for Aldergrove and while I did not get to see it by all accounts they managed without breaking sweat.
As u say my friend but Aghagallom have not as yet done it at 'senior' level.
Next season will provide different opponents....when u can come to Toome, or Milltown, Hannahstown, Corrigan etc and gain the day then utter those 'have done it at senior' words.

Sorry, when I say achieving at Senior I am referring to the current U21s having been involved in a squad that has secured successive promotions and won the intermediate championship playing for the senior team within the club.  While I feel Aghagallon have a very strong base to establish themselves at Div 1 level there is a difference in being an established Div 1 team and a top Div 1 team like those you mention.

Hectic

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2016, 09:36:51 PM
I see an Aghagallon individual tweeting complaining on the Cargin facilities................jeez he has some cheek I have been up to his neck of the woods a few times.......perhaps he would have liked to come down and gathered up the ton of rubbish left behind ::)

Ha never saw that but yeah while the Aghagallon facilities have been upgraded there is still a good bit to be done before they become top class.

The Gs Man

Quote from: hardstation on December 05, 2016, 07:19:25 PM
Oh, I know they were easy to spot and I still contest that you have greatly exaggerated the numbers. Fights in the crowd should never happen. Rossa weren't fighting with themselves however and our lads say that it began with an Aghagallon supporter striking our player through the fence. Gs man will know, he seems to have been in the middle of it.

Really don't want to dwell on the row as I don't want to take anything away from the game.  So here's my final word on it.  When it initially started I was at the other side of the dug-out and made my way up as I was worried my two kids might have been caught up in it, but luckily they were kicking ball on the 4G behind the goal.  There were only 4 or 5 of our supporters in that section so myself and a few others I was standing with did try to calm the situation down, as did a good number of Rossa supporters.

I would estimate about half a dozen players had left the pitch.  But in my mind there was only one player doing any damage.  Maybe if he'd have concentrated on the football and stayed on the pitch the outcome of the game may have been different.

As for the facilities, no issue with that whatsoever.  Bit of muck on the way out, but sure. No big deal.  Nice cup of tea at the shop too.  I think someone might be on the wind-up on the Antrim Website.
Keep 'er lit

country bumpkin

I see the SV men did not get their choice for Ulster elected at Convention..........Anybody at it ?

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 06, 2016, 06:43:25 PM
I see the SV men did not get their choice for Ulster elected at Convention..........Anybody at it ?

Dont mention it. We don't need to know p

samboswig

delgany

Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #35828 on: Today at 12:04:13 AM »
QuoteModifyRemove
Interesting points from county chairman today in Irish News
(1) are divisional boards working?
(2) clubs to amalgamate in belfast ( creating even bigger super clubs !!!!!)
(3) are developing squads working ?
Power Hungry  people !!!!
Not too many North antrim  / south West  on county executive!!!

delgany

Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #35828 on: Today at 12:04:13 AM »
QuoteModifyRemove
Interesting points from county chairman today in Irish News
(1) are divisional boards working?
(2) clubs to amalgamate in belfast ( creating even bigger super clubs !!!!!)
(3) are developing squads working ?
Power Hungry  people !!!!
Not too many North antrim  / south West  on county executive!!!

country bumpkin

Not at Convention and seems nobody else on site was there either.
Man who was there, and who has attended for the last 40 years tells me that 2016 was by far the worst in memory.
No discussion on a shallow, his term, secs report or a suggestive and negative chairman's address.
Wonder what BS made of the event....he has kept his councel... ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 08, 2016, 08:20:04 PM
Not at Convention and seems nobody else on site was there either.
Man who was there, and who has attended for the last 40 years tells me that 2016 was by far the worst in memory.
No discussion on a shallow, his term, secs report or a suggestive and negative chairman's address.
Wonder what BS made of the event....he has kept his councel... ???

So based on this guy you know who's went to last 40 conventions said it was boring?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

But I will obviously take ur observations on board MR2.... :)

Milltown Row2

I didn't make any as I wasn't there, neither were you

bannside

I was at convention and it passed off mainly without incident, rancour or division. It was easily the quietest I have been too and there were probably a few reasons for this. The main one is that delegates would have had a digital copy of the content in advance so a read through that showed obvious progress albeit to the outside world this level of detail can be hidden from view.

The accounts were thorough and professionally delivered. Obvious signs of progress there but "more to do" was thd message. When delegates saw the starting position and particularly how close we were to the edge I think the feeling was more of general relief than of euphoria.

I would have expected more comment on football and hurling matters....but convention really isn't the place for that.  All those conversations would be put back to the next CC meeting where the same club delegates would get a chance to air their views when there will be less on the agenda.

As Collie Donnelly himself said...solid progress has been made but there is still much to do.