Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 30, 2016, 07:47:16 PM
Please do my friend......been about a while and I can only recall a couple....but u can elaborate?

So you do poach players then??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Not at all.....unless those individuals have a family connection

paddyjohn

Magill was touting himself about a few clubs in the south west.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 30, 2016, 08:20:02 PM
Not at all.....unless those individuals have a family connection

Jesus lad just admit ya have players from outside your parish ffs! Making yourself look silly now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Sure aren't all 'Culchies' a bit silly and sometimes forgetful MR2 but been about for a while and cannot recall those from outside the parish who donned the green who had no family connection.
M Magill is married into the Close family.
Know the line up of the first Cargin team to win the championship in 1974 and the list includes more than a few names which are on the '16 team.
I even remember when St Columbas went outa business....wonder where all those players went?
>:(

paddyjohn

Most of the players who come outside have a family connection or you'd think so. It's different for those living and studying in Belfast who join clubs up there, its not as if people just leave one club to go to another is it?

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 01, 2016, 10:14:46 AM
Most of the players who come outside have a family connection or you'd think so. It's different for those living and studying in Belfast who join clubs up there, its not as if people just leave one club to go to another is it?
Do not think such is indeed the case PJ within South Antrim.......can remember a couple of years past where a very prominent top team based in South Antrim had a player within ranks when his father was chairman of another club in the same area.
can u envisage such happening in the South West  ???

Galer

Lads investment would b appreciated in the south west and north antrim as well as the city understand what ur saying but shouldnt we all be fightin for the proper share are county is entitled to as we have Irelands second city.great news that certain person has resigned from county board .black cloud maybe starting to lift

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 01, 2016, 01:07:23 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on December 01, 2016, 10:14:46 AM
Do not think such is indeed the case PJ within South Antrim.......can remember a couple of years past where a very prominent top team based in South Antrim had a player within ranks when his father was chairman of another club in the same area.
can u envisage such happening in the South West  ???

Definitely not. I seem to remember that case well, the lad in question hasn't done to badly for himself either, maybe it was a 10 year loan deal with a view to a permanent transfer.

Hectic

Quote from: Galer on December 01, 2016, 01:33:04 PM
Lads investment would b appreciated in the south west and north antrim as well as the city understand what ur saying but shouldnt we all be fightin for the proper share are county is entitled to as we have Irelands second city.great news that certain person has resigned from county board .black cloud maybe starting to lift

I was pointing to Belfast because the justification I keep hearing for the spend in Dublin City is the large population thing, other distractions, need to push the games hard where they are not being taken up by big proportions of the overall population etc etc - that is your precedent.  Of course it would be great if all clubs could get plenty of funding but if the GAA are telling us the dynamics for the huge proportional spend (and that includes per head of the population) on Dublin is such then lets have it for Belfast also on a like for like basis.  I believe that if we had the Dublin model applied to Belfast it would not be much more than a generation before we see our own county team start to make real good strides.

country bumpkin

Think our county could invest in some integrity as well.
Have seen the email and those individuals and 'county officers' could do with having a long hard look at themselves.

Hectic

Just getting caught up with that now. Not saying I agree with that craic but it is the sort of thing that will be rife up and down the country at this time of year with AGMs taking place.

There are always people that know better; sometimes they do, sometimes they do not.

I do not know the content of the text but in an ideal world you openly communicate your vision and ask members to buy into it while giving others the respect to communicate theirs and the decision is taken from there based on who the majority believe can deliver what is needed.

This is not always the case though.

country bumpkin

Little reaction to the goings on which caused the resignation of the former county chairman......but hey keep your heads down and those with 'Vision' may well call :-\

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2016, 11:20:50 AM
Little reaction to the goings on which caused the resignation of the former county chairman......but hey keep your heads down and those with 'Vision' may well call :-\

Aye, swept under the carpet with the rest of it, TR voicemails last year, the gambling saga and the senior football final venue that caused a county official to resign.

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 02, 2016, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 02, 2016, 11:20:50 AM

Aye, swept under the carpet with the rest of it, TR voicemails last year, the gambling saga and the senior football final venue that caused a county official to resign.
Wonder just where has my friend MR2 gone............Perhaps it is a case of all whistlers sticking together.......BS is always passing comment on the goings on in the county but hey possibly he reckons those with the 'Vision' can do no wrong ???