Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

So true Brendan, but in fairness, there are about 20 Antrim posters on here, some I'd say have multiple names so that 20 drops a bit and others probably not even proper members of 'their' clubs, so have no say in how they would actually like their clbs to vote come county convention.....

Anyway, it would never tell them to actually catch themselves on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Anybody know the what the county senior panel is for 2015? I know the hurlers have been in the press but haven't saw anything from the footballers.

getevennotcross

Some of you Cyber Bullies/Keyboard warriors should put your names forward for the CB.  Some of you would have us believe you have the Panacea to solve all our problems?

Dont think so, a more spineless, gutless, tactless, two faced, self serving, insidious and insignificant bunch, I have ever had the misfortune to listen to.  Unlike me, an amiable, open, tactful, brave, honest, trustworthy and reliable individual, I just do not know why I listen to such vitriolic diatribe.  Absolutely nothing to offer to anyone.  So, so sad.

bannside

There are plenty of people on here who have served on county boards, sub committees, regional boards and club committees. Many others have done the rounds coaching or in other necessary roles within the GAA. So your broad stroke there is just too general to be given any consideration whatsoever.

Are people totally frustrated with what they see from our county executive.Yes they are. Are they entitled to express that opinion amongst their peers in the same way as there are discussion threads now about just about everything. Yes they are.

Does that make everyone gutless for having an opinion. Tell you what Get Even. Throw your credentials and your identity into the open and I will too (I don't make it a secret) and we will take it from there. Let's see who wants to hide behind the keyboard now. w**ker.

Jeepers Creepers

'vitriolic diatribe'...hmmmmm

bannside

Big shout out this weekend to St Brigids who have got into the final of the Paul Mc Girr Ulster U-16 final in Dromore. Managed by Greg Finnegan and Jack Dowling this is a great achievement to date and shows that there is genuine talent in South Belfast that needs to be nurtured. Good luck to them.

Speaking of St Brigids, we (Portglenone) made hard work of getting over them last weekend in the Under 21 QF. We were at home, with a pretty full team, and just about got over the line. (Sorry it was St Brigids/St Patricks) but I think most players were St Brigids. They have a few really good players too so all not lost yet on the Malone Road.

This week sees a repeat of last years final between ourselves and Lamh Dhearg. We havent sparked yet and Lamhs have picked up a few new players (gooduns too) in Donal Doherty and Ben Rice and with the younger Stranney back they will be a tough nut to crack. St Johns and St Endas in the other semi might be close enough too, but Johnnies should have enough.

bannside

Possibly a good spot Jeepers. Sure we wont have long to wait to find out.......not!

imtommygunn

A few famous fathers in there too BS.

If the son is half as good as the da we'd take the young Blaney in CHF for a few years!.(Maybe we could get a Brolly corner forward out of that club too!)

I'm not sure who it is getting bullied here but not a great loss to anywhere...

imtommygunn

Ah right...

I thought you'd left?

bannside

A couple of Blaney and Brollys. ...Sure if they were half as good as their Dad's! That's why the development of St Brigids is so important to Antrim Football. 

One of their mentors told me that of the panel that played against us at the weekend, at least a dozen really promising juveniles who had been expected to come through at senior, had stopped playing. That's a huge stat.  Also that they had around 20 players at the same university in England (Newcastle) including Deaghlan O Hagan who is doing a masters. That's another pretty amazing stat too!

culchie11

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 13, 2014, 05:13:15 PM
Culchie11 I read it is there anything factually incorrect? Thought it was quiet tame in all fairness was expecting more bite from it so in that respect I was disappointed in it. Would you referee? He has done a number of finals in both codes and at national including a Christy Ring and AI 1/4, s and semi, s so what is your particular beef with it? The CHC which I think he is referring as we all know those in the inner circle is a joke and he's right every man and his feckn dog gets a chance to turn up at those meetings except the refs. The rest of the article tends to deal with oersonal experiences. If it had of been me I would have had a go at most of that useless ex committee and the balls up it continually makes casement and dunsilly to quote the obvious. So again where is the controversy apart from your own petty issue's,  he must have dealt with you at some stage and your now on your wee soap box taking a free one.

I see ur mate has paid a small price for his advert in the local paper!!

you cant expect to still get games after coming out with a mouthful in the paper.

im sure the teams involved wont complain either. as i said b4 he is in a position to do something about his concerns regarding refereeing in the county, why not use that position rather than sit back & complain.

to be honest i havent seen our county to be as well off regarding referees, havent seen a game in a long time that the ref hasnt turned up. vast improvements have taken place over the last number of years. praise where it is due.

not an easy job adminstrating the refs.

imtommygunn

Antrim teams tend to do well in that u16 BS. St Brigids you would expect at some point would come good with numbers etc. I had thought they maybe would suffer less from migration due to universities being so close at hand to them but maybe not. I would expect them to be up there at some stage in the next ten or fifteen years. Loughrey going to Cork and Brolly retiring would have stumped their senior development a bit but I'm sure that it will pick back up.

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: culchie11 on November 21, 2014, 02:39:11 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 13, 2014, 05:13:15 PM
Culchie11 I read it is there anything factually incorrect? Thought it was quiet tame in all fairness was expecting more bite from it so in that respect I was disappointed in it. Would you referee? He has done a number of finals in both codes and at national including a Christy Ring and AI 1/4, s and semi, s so what is your particular beef with it? The CHC which I think he is referring as we all know those in the inner circle is a joke and he's right every man and his feckn dog gets a chance to turn up at those meetings except the refs. The rest of the article tends to deal with oersonal experiences. If it had of been me I would have had a go at most of that useless ex committee and the balls up it continually makes casement and dunsilly to quote the obvious. So again where is the controversy apart from your own petty issue's,  he must have dealt with you at some stage and your now on your wee soap box taking a free one.

I see ur mate has paid a small price for his advert in the local paper!!

you cant expect to still get games after coming out with a mouthful in the paper.

im sure the teams involved wont complain either. as i said b4 he is in a position to do something about his concerns regarding refereeing in the county, why not use that position rather than sit back & complain.

to be honest i havent seen our county to be as well off regarding referees, havent seen a game in a long time that the ref hasnt turned up. vast improvements have taken place over the last number of years. praise where it is due.

not an easy job adminstrating the refs.

Im glad to see you back culchie11 you dropped off there for a while, seen your post and unlike yourself I set about making enquiries and got some interesting comments and facts to say the least:

What price has he paid? I believe the County chairman instructed his message boy to remove him this morning, I think that says more about the petty approach they have taken rather than what the article highlighted in fact it plays into the hands in some aspects of the article which as I have said didn't go far enough in my opinion.

He appoints Hurling refs as part of his role on the committee and to be fair a lot of new hurling refs have appeared at senior level than ever before and most of the finals if not all had a new Referees at the helm but speak to them if you know any, the "message boy" oops sorry chairman of this committee knows feck all about hurling has no interest in it apart from turning up to be seen at high profile games and dinners so we can take it that he's had no influence in the new lads over the last few years. Oh sorry this is a football thread and were talking about hurling, ok.

He sits on a committee that really carries no influence in the wider circles of the EC in Antrim, so in some respects that gives them a dispensation from all the fck ups that the rest have made around Casement and Dunsilly and the closed shop approach excluding the clubs from what is really going on and those who are benefitting at volunteers expense, gee I must go out a register my own management company, maybe I could manage a mini Croke Park one day? Maybe Santa will give me one for Christmas?

Now the CHC which he actually grew a pair of balls to highlight in his article, the present chairman (CHC) is not able to perform his duties due to ill health, so it falls to all I can say is a man from Gortnamona that feels that he will some day become a County Vice Chair? Somehow like wee Joe I can never see the real masters letting this happen as he hasn't the breeding, but he's not short on telling you a story, he wants to be friends with people he feels will help his idiotic fantasy and he's dying to get to Croker one day, he does live close to Sambo though in his villa in Portugal and Sambo spoke well at the recent 40yrs anniversary of the Gorts Club, oh yes and he delayed a hearings committee meeting for over 6 weeks for his next door neighbour to stay on the line through the Ulster campaign, Id probably do the same so no harm in that is there?

So to back to your original point of making changes from within, you have a message boy, a wanna be and an executive that is skint due to the disastrous approach on said projects by their closest colleagues, so do you really think that changes would happen?

I also believe that no shows where at about 20% across the board so happy to argue that with ya, once you get the facts. Feel free to drop me a PM anytime if need more specifics happy to supply them once I do my research of course. Don't wait so long next time to reply and once again I ask what price has he really paid then? His withdrawal says more about the county than his article ever did in my opinion of course, but then again I support all referees good and bad, shouldn't you?

culchie11

U talk of no shows which I know r all hurling which ur mate was in charge of appointing lol

I think we can all c where the real thorn lies with the 2 of u, chc! Goin back over an old issue I presume, where some wud like to be judge jury and executioner! U c the thing is when u as a ref or former ref write ur report ur job is done! End of!
Some though want to make sure the culprit gets a stern sentence and wants to give evidence at a hearing! But thats not in the rule book!

Sure he will maybe start up an new association for refs, oh wait that's already been tried  ;)

I hear dunsilly will be up and running next year, maybe not fully completed but I look forward to it opening, as with owenbeg and garvaghey these centre r essential moving forward. Hopefully the judge in casement debacle gives the go ahead shortly also, but sure then there wud always be something else to cry about!

Some ppl really shouldn't carry chips on their shoulders and just get on with things as living in the past ain't no good for anyone!

To infinity and beyond as they say!

ManInBlackandGreen

Donkey's Leading Lions... Donkey's Leading Lions LMAO