Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

Some conflicting points of view on the Antrim official guestbook, wonder why the admin hasn't replied to say who is right and who is wrong? looks to me like GNM and St T's got the outcome they required, no way would they have played the game out without knowing 100%

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: themac_23 on November 10, 2014, 02:25:20 PM
Some conflicting points of view on the Antrim official guestbook, wonder why the admin hasn't replied to say who is right and who is wrong? looks to me like GNM and St T's got the outcome they required, no way would they have played the game out without knowing 100%

came on to post them and saw this from you earlier - i will paste them anyway

------------------------------------------------------------------

Was not at the game but unfortunate outcome for both St Teresas and GNM.

It is sods law that the one result that would see St Teresas missing out on promotion and GNM relegated was going to be the outcome.

Best of luck to both teams next year, St Teresas have been progressing nicely for a number of years and should be abck in the hunt for promotion while I make GNM early favourites for Div 3 and an immediate return.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Was at the gort na Mona & st teresas game today, well done both teams on getting a draw which suited both parties. A more competitive and hard hitting game will not be seen all year. Both teams fought to the final whistle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

as you say, i dont know who is right.  ???

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Worker

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 10, 2014, 08:34:42 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on November 10, 2014, 02:25:20 PM

came on to post them and saw this from you earlier - i will paste them anyway

------------------------------------------------------------------

Was not at the game but unfortunate outcome for both St Teresas and GNM.

It is sods law that the one result that would see St Teresas missing out on promotion and GNM relegated was going to be the outcome.

Best of luck to both teams next year, St Teresas have been progressing nicely for a number of years and should be abck in the hunt for promotion while I make GNM early favourites for Div 3 and an immediate return.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Was at the gort na Mona & st teresas game today, well done both teams on getting a draw which suited both parties. A more competitive and hard hitting game will not be seen all year. Both teams fought to the final whistle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

as you say, i dont know who is right.  ???

These reports seem to contradict others who said it was played at a pedestrian pace with the super ts playing it between themselves last 10. Anyone at the game able to confirm ?

country bumpkin

Well...............saw the league regulations and the above is right but......................it seems that Ahoghill were informed by the CCC man that if they were to lose their last remaining game to cargin by over 21 points on Sunday they would be relegated, despite winning both their games against St Paul's in that head to head situation...................... didn't see that one in the regulations ::)

Peileadoir

Yes Country Bumpkin, that is right. The rule states that if two teams finish level, it comes down to  head to head results between those two teams but if more than two teams level on points then it comes down to score difference between these teams. Hence St. Paul's having the worst scoring difference between of the 3 teams and getting relegated.

imtommygunn

Yeah I think the key point there is there were 3 teams on level points. so then it can't go on head to heads as it won't work...

How have Lamh Dhearg got to be relegation candidates with the all the players they have coming through??

Gold

See in co Antrim Post today that Garrett Duffy is quitting reffing.

Sad to see. Sounds bleak on the reffing front here and interesting to read how lonely it is being a ref, something most wouldn't take the time to think about.

Good luck in your retirement if you're reading and thanks for the service you gave our county
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

culchie11

Quote from: Gold on November 12, 2014, 12:49:59 AM

Sad to see. Sounds bleak on the reffing front here and interesting to read how lonely it is being a ref, something most wouldn't take the time to think about.

Good luck in your retirement if you're reading and thanks for the service you gave our county

There have been plenty of good refs before him that have retired & havent got in contact with their local paper to let everyone know!
just sums up some people that they feel that important they have to have a parting shot at members of committees that they are also part of & that cant defend themselves. bit like on the pitch where arrogance isnt repsectful to others.
but here if hes looking a pat on the back or a medal for bravery he wont get one here!! sometimes you bring these things onto yourself by the way you carry yourself on the field & off it.

hopefully the inner circle is now broken & we can cope without the like lol  ::)

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Gizzy15 on October 22, 2014, 06:12:30 PM
Quote from: billabong on October 22, 2014, 04:19:03 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 22, 2014, 04:03:06 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on October 22, 2014, 03:03:12 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 19, 2014, 01:10:33 PM
Ive recently moved to Lisburn lads, living in the Thaxton village/Lady Wallace square area.

What is my local GAA team?  If I wanted to play some even reserve football up here, what good clubs are there about to join where Id get a game?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/solicitor-on-sexual-assault-charge-faces-trial-30683463.html

Watch out Christmas Lights!

Bringing shame to the area  >:(

What's that area like anyway Christmas Lights? Moving into the Magheralave Road area in a while, beside the St Patrick's pitch.

Nice enough area, though don't venture across the road into Ballymacash with your county geansaĆ­

Thaxton is a very nice area and very very quiet.  No flags or anything to be seen and you see people wearing GAA tops around it quite often so we are gradually taking over Lisburn  ;D

I sense us growing in population in the area & moving into Loyalist Ballymacash where it will be renamed "Free Ballymacash"  ;D

country bumpkin

Quote from: culchie11 on November 12, 2014, 04:40:58 PM

Agree totally with what u say Culchie...........some of our referees do think they are bigger than our game and I am not at all surprised that this individual ran crying to the press, and he certainly fits that profile..........we do have a good supply of young whistlers, and like yourself I will not be missing this individual...............

There have been plenty of good refs before him that have retired & havent got in contact with their local paper to let everyone know!
just sums up some people that they feel that important they have to have a parting shot at members of committees that they are also part of & that cant defend themselves. bit like on the pitch where arrogance isnt repsectful to others.
but here if hes looking a pat on the back or a medal for bravery he wont get one here!! sometimes you bring these things onto yourself by the way you carry yourself on the field & off it.

hopefully the inner circle is now broken & we can cope without the like lol  ::)

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 12, 2014, 06:46:46 PM
Quote from: culchie11 on November 12, 2014, 04:40:58 PM

Agree totally with what u say Culchie...........some of our referees do think they are bigger than our game and I am not at all surprised that this individual ran crying to the press, and he certainly fits that profile..........we do have a good supply of young whistlers, and like yourself I will not be missing this individual...............

;D >:( ;D ;D Ah jesus lad's put a beggar on horseback..... Who's next Elliott, Hassan, Kelly, Mc Knight.. and so it goes on, I'd doubt use intellectuals would pass the Rules Test!!

Milltown Row2

Nothing like a bitta referee bashing eh? Lord help us if there are any arrogant players out there  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

Mr2 excuse my arrogance Ieft you out! 1000 pardons.... ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 12, 2014, 08:43:30 PM
Mr2 excuse my arrogance Ieft you out! 1000 pardons.... ;)

I'm only a pup.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

culchie11

Not bashing referees more the fact that one in particular got in contact with a local paper to have a parting shot! It seemed like he didn't get enough limelight throughout his career! He has a go at a committee he is (is he still) part of, surely he was or still is in a position to do something about his concerns!

Needed his ego massaged!

Mi bag is the one who mentioned the others and this is the football thread by the way so couldn't comment on the refs u mentioned lol

Personally don't have a problem with refs in general, the South west seems to be strong in that area lately!