Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enough

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on November 08, 2011, 06:23:17 PM
Quote from: Enough on November 08, 2011, 06:16:10 PM
Good Refs from what i seen they couldnt lead blind mice! I think they both should have some sort of punishment after all they did add fuel to the fire!

what punishment do they deserve?
fuel to the fire? how? being attacked? defending themselves? loosing their cool in a difficult situation?

your views are very one sided, hold your hands up and admit rasharkin were 100% in the wrong

Rasharkin we're not the only sinners on the day and that is a fact if you look would ever step outside the box you live in and think about the actul truth you would know! But no you all jump on a wagon and post rubbish about what you believe! But what is it they say what goes round comes around. Rasharkin today someone else tomorrow.

antrimgeal1989

maybe you need to step outside the box and realise that it is people with your views etc that has rasharkin in this trouble. majority of people in rasharkin club are good people, good sportsmen and decently behaved on and off the pitch. these people i feel sorry for. but it is up to the other percentage to either clear off or follow the example of other club members/players

lenny

Quote from: jeremiah on November 08, 2011, 04:23:46 PM
Rasharkin punishments are out;

All teams over minor banned for 1 year.

One mentor, one member and one player recommended for expulsion from GAA.

One player and member suspended for 96 weeks.

One fan banned for a year.

Four players banned for 4, 8, 72 and 96 weeks.

Very severe to ban all players over minor fr one year. Many of these players could be lost to the GAA. Having said that a lot of work needs to be done on educating clubs on how to respect officials. This kind of thing is happening much too often nowadays.

The Worker

Does this mean Mglass stay up in div 1? or will div 1 be 9 teams next year?

the colonel

http://www.antrimgaa.net/news/details/?id=3183

Following the investigation into the Antrim u21 Football Championship Game between St Marys, Rasharkin v Lamh Dhearg the following suspensions have imposed.

Players (6)
2 Players received 4 week Suspensions
1 player received 8 week Suspension.
1 player received 72 week Suspension.
1 player received 96 week Suspension.
1 player recommended for Expulsion from the Association.

Team Mentor (1)
1 member recommended for Expulsion from the Association.

Club Members (3)
I suspension of 96 weeks imposed
2 members recommended for Expulsion from the Association.

Partisans (1)
1 Person debarred from entering GAA property for 96 weeks.

Club Sanction
The St Marys Rasharkin club, will be excluded from all competitions, above but not including Minor, in all codes under the control of CLG for a period of 1 year

County Chairman Jim Murray said that the sanctions reflect the seriousness with which the county board view the original incident.

"Let the message be very clearly understood by everyone involved in the GAA in Antrim. We will simply not tolerate the kind of abuse which took place following this match. If we ask members to referee games then they are entitled to respect and to be allowed to get on with that job, free from the threat of physical or verbal abuse.

"The County has acted swiftly and with seriously with this issue. We will not stand for attacks on officials. It has no part of our game in Antrim."
the difference between success and failure is energy

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: lenny on November 08, 2011, 06:58:21 PM

Very severe to ban all players over minor fr one year. Many of these players could be lost to the GAA. Having said that a lot of work needs to be done on educating clubs on how to respect officials. This kind of thing is happening much too often nowadays.

Thats rich for someone from Magherafelt lenny. Had you not two players who got straight red cards in an u21 game but you succeeeded in getting the referee to put them in as two yellows. The hypocrisy of you.

screenexile

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 08, 2011, 07:29:02 PM

Thats rich for someone from Magherafelt lenny. Had you not two players who got straight red cards in an u21 game but you succeeeded in getting the referee to put them in as two yellows. The hypocrisy of you.

Lol yeah that's the same!

Magicsponge

Think the county board got the punishment spot on. They were tough, but it was deserved

ONeill

All mayhem breaking loose in Rasharkin tonight

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bhoy1888

hahahahahahaha rasharkin once sc.m always sc.m

saffronog

Hey boy very serious issue here, not a.f**k about.  Feel sorry for the real gaa people of rasharkin.  But a big message has been sent out by county.  Clubs must abide by law or else face consequences.  I just hope raybo is back whistle blowing next year.  Will this be a major boost for the sharks hurling fraternity.  To lift spirits come and support the saints Sunday.  Con mageean even welcome.

Antrim2011

Hey boy very serious issue here, not a.f**k about.  Feel sorry for the real gaa people of rasharkin.  But a big message has been sent out by county.  Clubs must abide by law or else face consequences.  I just hope raybo is back whistle blowing next year.  Will this be a major boost for the sharks hurling fraternity.  To lift spirits come and support the saints Sunday.  Con mageean even welcomeAre

Are Rasharkin not banned for the Hurling too, if they are i think its a bit harsh, why are you punishing the Senior members of the club!!

Last Man

Feel sorry for Rasharkin hurlers and they might be able to get a reduction on appeal even if it meant having to play all matches away but they will have to take their medicine as a club and look to address their problems, as  can we all to a greater or lessor extent. there are rockets in every club that are a disaster waiting to happen.

lenny

Quote from: screenexile on November 08, 2011, 07:49:26 PM
Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 08, 2011, 07:29:02 PM

Lol yeah that's the same!

I was speaking as an individual and not as a club spokesman. I agree we have dickheads in our club just as Bellaghy and Screen have also. The point I was making though is that we have to try and educate people within clubs to try and create more of a respect culture like exists in rugby. I see too many coaches involved at underage who see every game they play as like an All Ireland final and they cant accept losing. When a ref makes a mistake as they inevitably do usually a few times they become a target.

hurler2011

i dont understand why the hurling team is suffering too, i just hope the appeal will get us something, playing matches away will be difficult but its better than no hurling at all