Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Steven Segal

"I have no fear of death. More important, I don't fear life."

Milltown Row2

Actual footage of the under 21 match, the women involved would make ya think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaORknS1Dk
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Leave er in

I was talking to one of our senior players on sunday and he told me he met a few rasharkin men at the weekend who were singing moneyglass are down, moneyglass are down at him. Nice to see they have there priorities right and are still able to gloat after the week that was!

jeremiah

Rasharkin punishments are out;

All teams over minor banned for 1 year.

One mentor, one member and one player recommended for expulsion from GAA.

One player and member suspended for 96 weeks.

One fan banned for a year.

Four players banned for 4, 8, 72 and 96 weeks.

screenexile

Fair enough it would seem! I will wait until these bans have been implemented to reserve judgment.

Derry County Board have a great habit of handing down these bans and having 'zero tolerance on violence' only for decisions to be gone back on and suspensions halved or rescinded... too numerous to mention at this stage but I hope Antrim can stick to their guns!

aontroim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15644823

BBC quick off the mark! Nothing on Antrim website as yet. Must have missed it - there's a statement there now.

Antrim2011

Its a bit harsh banning the senior hurlers and footballers, they shouldnt be punished

imtommygunn

Not to pick on derry as they are not alone but when you overturn your county players bans for pretty horrendous offenses then you haven't a leg to stand on with the other ones...

I'm glad the underage teams haven't suffered. The rest was, at the extreme end, of to be expected. I would expect not all bans will be enforced. If the ones who got lifetime bans deserve it then I hope they're enforced. (I ,like most people, don't know the full ins and outs but it's rare you hear of lifetime bans).

I thought the ground would have been closed before banning the seniors (either code). I'd expect that overturned.

Enough

Lamh Dhearg Ray Matthews Eoin Elliot all got off scot free. The county clearly see's one way!

Pat Mustard

Quote from: culchie11 on October 06, 2011, 04:25:30 PM
it is also in the spirit of the game to not do what most teams do, in that if a player gets rightly sent off for a sending off offence that their club appeals it?!?! and they no doubt get off on a technocality! or that a team plays an illegal player and serve no punishment!

also if someone in a senior team books their wedding 1 or 2 years in advance do they know that it will affect another club staying in a certain division, away and feel your head pat! it could so easily affect their own club!

and if your not from moneyglass why worry, what goes round come round!
It certainly does.

Pat Mustard

Quote from: Enough on November 08, 2011, 05:43:06 PM
Lamh Dhearg Ray Matthews Eoin Elliot all got off scot free. The county clearly see's one way!
:D Wise up son.

antrimgeal1989

Quote from: Enough on November 08, 2011, 05:43:06 PM

what do you expect to happen to owen and ray? lifetime bans? two good referees than we couldnt afford to lose. hopefully both dont let this thuggary put them off the sport they both obviously love

Enough

Good Refs from what i seen they couldnt lead blind mice! I think they both should have some sort of punishment after all they did add fuel to the fire!

antrimgeal1989

Quote from: Enough on November 08, 2011, 06:16:10 PM
Good Refs from what i seen they couldnt lead blind mice! I think they both should have some sort of punishment after all they did add fuel to the fire!

what punishment do they deserve?
fuel to the fire? how? being attacked? defending themselves? loosing their cool in a difficult situation?

your views are very one sided, hold your hands up and admit rasharkin were 100% in the wrong