Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: johnnycool on August 17, 2021, 03:47:09 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 17, 2021, 02:20:49 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on August 17, 2021, 09:25:54 AM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 16, 2021, 06:49:35 PM
Am I being simplistic here to say the Taliban have sat up in Pakistan for years and waited them all out. 9/11 was a Saudi job and they won't go near either of them.

On another note I see many US heads on Twitter talking about money being spent in Afghanistan...sure that money was all funneling back into the US Military Complex as they call it.

The USA is a joke. Like Trump heads are loving it and Biden fans are blaming Trump.
But hey Joe can quote Heaney and Harris wears Chuck Taylors so everyone is happy!

They will need to get back in there sharpish within the next two years no matter what.

Will they f**k...

Biden will ride out the bad press for a few months and it'll all be forgotten about come the next election cycle in the US.

Problem is the Raytheons, Lockheads, Haliburtons of the US Military-industrial complex need their tax dollars to keep the owners happy so some other unsuspecting country will have US "freedoms and democracy" thrust upon it...

My money is on Iran and Syria as Taiwan is too big of a bite at the minute.
Taiwan?

I can see the 2 Shia Countries being in the firing line to keep the Saudis happy but can see ni reason they would invade Taiwan.

China making shapes at Taiwan in reclaiming it, US talking big but nothing will come off it in either direction.
China will continue to play the long game, using soft power and the belt and road initiatives to extend their influence to a point where ROC are isolated.
How they treat Afghanistan will be interesting as I cannot imagine the Taliban would be easily bought whilst for the Pashtun majority taking a cut from Chinese trade would be a centuries old way of life.

NB Anything more than an election cycle is the long game compared to the US.