Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2023, 09:21:45 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 13, 2023, 09:14:18 AM
A lot of noise coming from the Qatari's last night seemingly confident that they have the deal done.

Who would know though in this never ending shambles of a process.
It's weird that there is no European money involved. Maybe people think the prices are nuts.

Why would there be European money involved? When was the last time there was significant investment in the EPL from a European group?

Not that I don't agree with you that the money involved is crazy.

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on June 13, 2023, 09:28:00 AM
A lot of noise coming from the Qatari's last night seemingly confident that they have the deal done.

It's weird that there is no European money involved. Maybe people think the prices are nuts.

Why would there be European money involved? When was the last time there was significant investment in the EPL from a European group?

There is more money in Europe. There is no history of soccer in the Gulf.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2023, 09:30:15 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 13, 2023, 09:28:00 AM

There is more money in Europe. There is no history of soccer in the Gulf.

But now there are people willing to fork out billions to spend their money on something that they want
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2023/06/14/manchester-united-pull-out-of-harry-kane-chase-as-cost-proves-out-of-reach/
Manchester United have ended their interest in signing Harry Kane from Tottenham Hotspur this summer, feeling that the money it will take to lure the England striker to Old Trafford is unrealistic.

screenexile

Have a few mates giving it big about Qatari's coming in and transforming Utd.

Am I missing something? Is their money going to make that much difference? It's not like United haven't been able to buy any player they want the last 10 years. The problem is they've all been shite!

Capt Pat

Quote from: screenexile on June 14, 2023, 10:41:17 PM
Have a few mates giving it big about Qatari's coming in and transforming Utd.

Am I missing something? Is their money going to make that much difference? It's not like United haven't been able to buy any player they want the last 10 years. The problem is they've all been shite!

Don't forget Chelsea have been spending big, Newcastle will be spending big, City will be spending big. That is 4 clubs expecting to spend their way to titles. It is not like when Abramovic bought titles at Chelsea and he was the only big spender in town.

Cunny Funt

Main lads in charge of transfers and players contract for Man United over the last decade has been clueless business men buddies of the Glazers the likes of Ed Woodward, Matt Judge and the current fella Richard Arnold who's been there for years an accountant and promoted once Woodward stepped aside.

Once competent people are brought in it will make a world of difference on transfers business in the seasons ahead. Right now the Glazers are still hanging around like a like a bad smell and halting what should be a very busy summer transfer window.

trailer

Lots of transfer activity.... by other clubs. Meanwhile the shitheads at Utd seem to be doing nothing. No doubt they'll hugely overpay for some 31 year old that some other team are looking to offload.

AustinPowers

Can't understand  why United  don't go after Kane.  He's about the  best of  the  lot available and proven  scorer in the PL.  Tottenham are in dire shape , and can't see him  going to arsenal or Chelsea.  Liverpool don't seem to be   interested and city have haaland.

Seen a bit of England's highlights other night ,  and rashford  and Kane link up was good. Ok it was  only  north Macedonia, but even so .Rashford is ok , but  he's no good as the main man. Kane would fit nicely  with him I reckon

thewobbler

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 21, 2023, 01:39:36 PM
Can't understand  why United  don't go after Kane.  He's about the  best of  the  lot available and proven  scorer in the PL.  Tottenham are in dire shape , and can't see him  going to arsenal or Chelsea.  Liverpool don't seem to be   interested and city have haaland.

Seen a bit of England's highlights other night ,  and rashford  and Kane link up was good. Ok it was  only  north Macedonia, but even so .Rashford is ok , but  he's no good as the main man. Kane would fit nicely  with him I reckon

I don't believe Kane is a viable option for United until 2-3 significant signings are made.

Would Kane boost the current United side so they are guaranteed top 4, a good European run and a likely cup final appearance? No doubt.

But he's had all that at Spurs.

Would Kane be enough to turn a pretty thin first team squad into genuine challengers in the PL or the CL? No. And odds of 11/1 and 16/1 respectively explain that succinctly.

So why would Kane move? At this stage of his career, CL football is only a lure if there's a strong chance of success. If all United can offer him is a chase for the top-4 trophy, he may as well stay at Spurs.

Unless City come back in for him, he'll have this season at Spurs, then next year wherever he likes in the PL to secure the PL scoring record, before doing Spain for a couple of years.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: thewobbler on June 21, 2023, 02:10:21 PM

So why would Kane move? At this stage of his career, CL football is only a lure if there's a strong chance of success. If all United can offer him is a chase for the top-4 trophy, he may as well stay at Spurs.

I'd be be pretty dubious that Spurs will be serious challengers for a top 4 spot this coming season.  They've fallen a long way back.

statto

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 21, 2023, 01:39:36 PM

I don't believe Kane is a viable option for United until 2-3 significant signings are made.

Would Kane boost the current United side so they are guaranteed top 4, a good European run and a likely cup final appearance? No doubt.

But he's had all that at Spurs.

Would Kane be enough to turn a pretty thin first team squad into genuine challengers in the PL or the CL? No. And odds of 11/1 and 16/1 respectively explain that succinctly.

Unless City come back in for him, he'll have this season at Spurs, then next year wherever he likes in the PL to secure the PL scoring record, before doing Spain for a couple of years.

I think his next is his last big move.  Your right in saying theres no clear PL club to join at the moment, is that going to change next summer?  If he goes next summer to a PL club I don't see him going to Spain after.  He needs to go to Madrid this summer or next at latest, but he wants the PL record so he will stay where is or end up at United

NAG1

I think Kane will have to move this year, if not he will see out his PL at Spurs and then head for the US. He is huge American sports fan so that would seem to be the logical move, unless the Saudi's come with a huge package.

If he doesn't move this summer to Utd, they will have to go elsewhere as that door will have closed. United need a striker this summer regardless.

thewobbler

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 21, 2023, 02:19:44 PM

I'd be be pretty dubious that Spurs will be serious challengers for a top 4 spot this coming season.  They've fallen a long way back.

No doubt. But for 3/4s of a downtrodden season they were still tracking top 4, and this season they've no European distractions. We'll find out soon enough whether it was Conte's anti-football that got them into that position, or was sucking the life out of them.

NAG1

Seeing more talk of protests at the ground over the speed of the Sale or Non-Sale as the case may be.