Cork v Kerry

Started by twohands!!!, March 05, 2015, 08:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 08, 2015, 03:08:39 PM
Cork 3:12 Kerry 2:7

Cork forwards in flying form - Cork have barely kicked a wide I'd say.

Donaghy hasnt really featured in the 2nd half

Shot his bolt against the Dubs

twohands!!!

Kerry have sounded woeful in the 2nd half - kicked an array of wides.

Cork putting the hurt on Kerry in the league again - can't help think things will be different come Championship.

Cork 3:15 Kerry 2:8

Ten point game now after a Donnacha O'Connor free

Cork running the bench now bringing Kerrigan on now

twohands!!!

2nd half a non-event compared to first with Cork strolling home.

Still Cork 3:16 Kerry 2:9

twohands!!!

Cork 3:17 Kerry 2:9

Another Donnacha O'Connor point

muppet

Why didn't they bring Galvin back for last year's semi!
MWWSI 2017

twohands!!!

FT Cork 3:17 Kerry 2:9

Big question is will it be a repeat scenario of last year, especially when you consider the quantity Kerry have to bring back.

Kerry's score difference has taken a serious battering which might be important later on.

Fuzzman

Didn't see this game but reading about it there now

Was it a dirty game?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2015/0308/685475-cork-v-kerry/

thebuzz

I don't think it was a remotely dirty game. This was a one off incident which ended with a yellow card for Donaghy and a couple of other players.

twohands!!!

Quote from: thebuzz on March 10, 2015, 12:47:45 PM
I don't think it was a remotely dirty game. This was a one off incident which ended with a yellow card for Donaghy and a couple of other players.

Yeah definitely don't think there was much in the way of  dirt/nastiness in the game - that dogpile came when there was some mild nonsense after Kerry's 2nd goal - there was a bit of a flashpoint and a load of players on both sides were grappling together in a crowd in a bit of a hold me back let me at em  cluster and then one of the Cork players stuck an arm around Tommy Walsh's neck from behind and pulled him to the ground and something like 10/12 players ended up on the ground as a result like fallen skittles.

Ref wasn't great - he missed a blatant trip by one of the Kerry players at one stage and a blatant frontal charge by a Cork player at another. I did think Cadogan for Cork was probably a bit lucky the ref had a  hands-off/let it flow approach (it really is no surprise how schmozzles break out in games with refs who adopt this approach) - and down the line if I had to bet on one player from Cork to get in trouble at some stage it would be him. For Kerry I would be very surprised if there aren't further incidents with Donaghy at some stage given the nature of his game and his tendency to never shut up. I feel he could easily end up being a liability for Kerry. It will be interesting to see how Fitzmaurice handles him this year especially given his position as captain. I though Kerry looked very one-dimensional in attack with way too much ball being lumped in on top of him.

5 Sams

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 10, 2015, 05:42:29 PM

Yeah definitely don't think there was much in the way of  dirt/nastiness in the game - that dogpile came when there was some mild nonsense after Kerry's 2nd goal - there was a bit of a flashpoint and a load of players on both sides were grappling together in a crowd in a bit of a hold me back let me at em  cluster and then one of the Cork players stuck an arm around Tommy Walsh's neck from behind and pulled him to the ground and something like 10/12 players ended up on the ground as a result like fallen skittles.

Ref wasn't great - he missed a blatant trip by one of the Kerry players at one stage and a blatant frontal charge by a Cork player at another. I did think Cadogan for Cork was probably a bit lucky the ref had a  hands-off/let it flow approach (it really is no surprise how schmozzles break out in games with refs who adopt this approach) - and down the line if I had to bet on one player from Cork to get in trouble at some stage it would be him. For Kerry I would be very surprised if there aren't further incidents with Donaghy at some stage given the nature of his game and his tendency to never shut up. I feel he could easily end up being a liability for Kerry. It will be interesting to see how Fitzmaurice handles him this year especially given his position as captain. I though Kerry looked very one-dimensional in attack with way too much ball being lumped in on top of him.

That was Shields...nasty wee fcuker when he wants to be. Doesn't need to do it though because he's a superb player....he should just play the game stop that shite.
The Aristocrat Years

thebuzz

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 10, 2015, 05:42:29 PM

Yeah but when Gooch and O'Donoghue are playing off him later in the season they'll make good use of all the ball being pumped into him because when he's on form he wins a lot of it. One of his strengths is his unselfishness. Despite being a slabber he is very much a team player.

Fuzzman

True 5Sams.
I keep saying I wish Sean Cavanagh would try to copy his style. Catch a high ball. Quick hands or turn and shoot. Hard to defend against without fouling.

Fuzzman

Just watched the highlights on RTE player. No mention of the shmozzle or any incidents during the match.